Thread: Lower DMG range despite having higher att wep?

Default Lower DMG range despite having higher att wep?

I am a Level 83 White Knight.

I have a shield with +2 STR and a 1h Sword with 90att. When both of these are equipped my dmg range is 1478-2111.

However when I equip a 2h BW with 89 att my dmg range increases to 1626-2323.

I don't understand why, despite having a 2str and 1wep att difference, having the BW makes my dmg range higher.

Help? Am I missing some obvious aspect of dmg range calculation?

Yes you are. You're missing the fact that 1h Swords have a lower damage multiplier than the 2b BWs. The multiplier makes a difference in your range and is why you need a decent attack sword and good shield to beat a good 2h sword. Sure one can be faster but the damage multiplier can make a difference.

For a 1h sword/axe/BW the multiplier is 1.2x
    For a 2h sword/axe/BW the multiplier is 1.32x

These are the statistics after the Big Bang, I'm not sure if the multiplier for these changed after Chaos.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Yes you are. You're missing the fact that 1h Swords have a lower damage multiplier than the 2b BWs. The multiplier makes a difference in your range and is why you need a decent attack sword and good shield to beat a good 2h sword. Sure one can be faster but the damage multiplier can make a difference.

For a 1h sword/axe/BW the multiplier is 1.2x
    For a 2h sword/axe/BW the multiplier is 1.32x
    Oh, thanks heaps! That makes sense.

I have tried them both out and I don't really feel much of a difference. The speed seems to balance out the lack of damage somewhat.

I was just wondering why it was like that. Thank you.

For maplesea, THe weapon multiplier for 1handed sword is 1.29+ x and 2handed sword is 1.37+ x. If not believe it, you can count it by your own as this equation [ Weapon multiplier * (4*total str + total dex ) * ( total wa/100 )