Thread: Equipment hunting.

Beginner

Default Equipment hunting.

I've had the same armor(excluding shoes and gloves I found) for the past 20 or so levels, and my staff is a below average Dark Ritual that I really don't care to have. I don't have any money to upgrade my equipment, so I'm going to be hunting for it.
    Since I'm probably going to be gaining a decent amount of levels doing this, I was wondering where a good spot to hunt for the level 88 and 90 dark/black armor would be, what a good staff to replace my current piece of junk is and when to start hunting for it.
    I've already looked at what drops the items, but I don't know which enemies and maps are good for an I/L, so any insight is appreciated.

Also, when I say I don't have any money to invest into my equipment, I mean it. My current balance lingers between less than 100k to around 600k depending on how many mp healers I need to buy and how much money the enemies I'm at drop.

Gallopera's are a great spot for the level 88 overall (assuming you're a male character) if you can kill them, they are level 94. If not the only other monster you would be able to hit that's good would be straw target dummies. Gallopera's also drop the level 90 Dark hat. Mithril Mutae's drop the level 85 staff, as well as Gensing Jars, and Deep Buffoons.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 14th July 2011 at 04:52 PM.

Beginner

Galloperas were a great suggestion, they have a very good spawn rate, they die at about the same pace as Twisted Jesters, and they give enough money and random use items that I'll probably be able to get a decent amount of money out of them.
    Thanks for your suggestions, I'll definitely go check out Ginseng Jars once I have the new armor. You also provided me with a very nice grind spot to replace what I've been using, so thanks for that too.