Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Blocking, Achilles and Sanctuary

Thread: Blocking, Achilles and Sanctuary

Drake

Default Blocking, Achilles and Sanctuary

So basically, I screwed up my skills when I came back after Big Bang. There was an event today that gave everybody who was online a free SP reset to reset all skills. I have now got back all my core skills and have 60 skillpoints left with a dilemma.

Which defensive skill is better? Blocking or Achilles? I'm using a shield anyway so the requirement wouldn't be a bother.

Heaven's Hammer worth maxing? I used to get it for Time Piece hunting when my damage sucked, worth getting now?

I'm not too keen on getting Maple Warrior, since Maple Warrior 30 costs 1.1b a book at the moment in SEA and you're guaranteed a MW30 player in any decent bossing party. So I'd rather invest my skillpoints into something that adds benefit to me on top of a party's MW.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'd definitely pick Guardian over Achilles, and probably HH+MW19 before Achilles as well.

Achilles reduces damage taken by 16%, while Guardian blocks 42% of attacks (average) and gives other increased tolerances. If you already have the HP to survive attacks, that 42% block far outweighs a 16% damage reduction. For pallies, I can't see Achilles being incredibly important. While training, we already take virtually no damage and use very few HP pots.

If you're training with an HS/MW19 mule bishop, definitely go Guardian and HH. Imo, all three are more important than Achilles.

Spoiler!

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I'd definitely pick Guardian over Achilles, and probably HH+MW19 before Achilles as well.

Achilles reduces damage taken by 16%, while Guardian blocks 42% of attacks (average) and gives other increased tolerances. If you already have the HP to survive attacks, that 42% block far outweighs a 16% damage reduction. For pallies, I can't see Achilles being incredibly important. While training, we already take virtually no damage and use very few HP pots.

If you're training with an HS/MW19 mule bishop, definitely go Guardian and HH. Imo, all three are more important than Achilles.
    Ah k thx. Yea even with my current training on Showa Bosses and Chaos Zakum runs, the highest damage hitting me excluding 1/1s are about 8-9k while my HP without Hyper Body is already at 25k. Will probably level Achilles next before MW though, as any form of damage reduction is gonna help when I start going for Chaos HT and Pink Been runs.
    SienZPaladin , lv 172 Paladin ~
    ~ KoClSienZ , lv 120 Wind Breaker
    SienZGenesis , lv 200 Bishop ~
    ~ SienZUltimus , lv 49 Assassin

Lvling record personal best : lvl 1~69 under 24 hrs

I <3 Pooky !

Achilles is used as a safety net against 1/1 attacks. That's it. Put 1 point into it and leave it at that, with 25k HP it will work very well.

The problem with Guardian is it makes getting Divine Shield to activate more difficult, and when Divine Shield does activate, it acts as the primary blocker over Guardian. So it's hard to get Divine Shield and it's easy to lose it. Nexon herp derped with that one.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Jr. Necki

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    The problem with Guardian is it makes getting Divine Shield to activate more difficult, and when Divine Shield does activate, it acts as the primary blocker over Guardian. So it's hard to get Divine Shield and it's easy to lose it. Nexon herp derped with that one.
    Yup, maxed guardian will make it a lot harder for divine shield to activate. Its a selfish skill.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGruesome View Post
    Spoiler!

Edit: Forgot to mention that my main IGN is saphrogenik. He is a lvl 85 DK and no he is not godly. LOL