Thread: ele staff?

Default ele staff?

so yeah as you can guess ima battle mage and i was wondering which ele staff i should buy when i have enough money, and do battle mages have a element? yea i dont know that much i would appreciate it if someone has an awnser to this, im lv 120.

I took a look through Battle Mage skills. It doesn't look like they have an element.

So buying an elemental staff for one would be a terrible idea. The elemental staffs reduce damage when used with skills of the wrong element (not fire/poison or ice/lightning)
    by Cryopon

It also doesn't reduce damage of neutral element skills, like the ones BaM's have. So they won't be subject to the damage reductions unless I missed some news along the way.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Since Elemental Staffs require LUK, wouldn't a reverse staff or something else be a better option (assuming there is no damage reduction for neutral elements)?
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Speed affects BaMs.

Estaffs are amazing for them

Spoiler!

mike has been telling me for ages to buy an estaff, and now that im finally out of debt, i can start saving up for one. My BaM is 127, hopefully 128 soon, but im content with my current staff, but still speed is a major factor for BaMs

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

thank you for the replys on my question :D, and since im saving a majority of money up (179m so far) which e staff should i buy as in like a lv 103 or 128, is there a huge difference in prices between those two?

The 103 one is good. The higher level one is like 163 or something. And yes, the higher leveled ones are insanely expensive.

Love everyone, trust only a few, and do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yea, the other two types of elemental weapons you see are wands, so keep in mind that those won't work for a BaM (lvl 70 and 130).

Since 4th tier was removed, the insane cost of the Estaff5-8 is not really worth your meso. You could scroll, cube, and EE a great Es1-4 for the price of a clean Es5-8 (about 150-250k nx, depending on type/stats). Only worry about equipping the high lvl ones if you're already pretty set for end-game gear. Your base luk will be too high otherwise; it is possible, though difficult, to equip an Es5-8 with 23 base luk and minimal sacrificed int.

Spoiler!