Thread: Lotsa questions

Default Lotsa questions

Hey chaps

I have a box of questions here. I'm not sure if I'm opening it in the correct forum? Worth a try.

So to cut a long story short - come back after a 2 year break. Absolutely cluessless on where to begin. Couple of mid level characters under my belt. Gave away the majority of my stuff before I left. In possession of a grand total of 6 million mesos including values (+ a run of the mill zhelm). (around 1 mil cash) Whats the best way of going about this? Starting a new character? Grinding until everything becomes familiar? Soaking up all informatiom from the internet before starting?

If you guys could help me with these questions before I get started it would be AMAZING. I realise there are answers scattered here and there, but as a collective and coming from people who know the answers off the top of their heads it may prove more efficient and easier to take on board.

So without further adue:

1. What the hell has happened to the Henesys Hunting Grounds?

2. Aran, Evan, Dual Blader, and the other one, resistance or something. All new to me. Whats the deal with them? Any worth playing? (Just a brief lowdown would do, planning on looking at this one in further detail)

3. Hows the economy? Whats a zhelm worth these days? And how do people roll, 10%/30%...etc? Price-wise...

4. Whats this 'potential' business I've noticed on some items?

5. I have seen a Chaos zhelm, are their other chaos items? Are they much different from their originals?

6. Last I left it, I was sitting on the back of a big bird, but now I've seen people travelling on all kinds of things....like a robot for example.

7. Quests never seemed worth doing before, has that changed? Any guides about that pick out the good ones?

8. PQs. Which ones have lost their allure? I remember LPQ began to lose customers rapidly after carnival pq made its appearance...is this still the case? Kerning PQ? OPQ? LMPQ? For me this was the best part of maple, but carnival , although fun itself, killed it for me when others quit playing the rest.

9. Whats all these different badges people have under their names? Any relevance to anything?

10. Whats an Android?

11. Ranking? On the character info....no idea what this is. Apparently I'm 10th, and so is the guy standing next to me.

12. There are cash items that apparently max out the skill level for some funky skills I've never heard of....are they something to do with the new jobs?

13. Why would I need a microwave?

14. Anything else that immediately springs to mind when you think about new changes after big bang? I could do with any random info that I can't just find on the side of a street.

I might find other questions eventually but I won't bore you. I hope someone replies to this, they'd be my life saver (ironic, considering maple kills any social life one might have)

Ta.

p.s. 500k to any Windian with a decent answer. lolnobribing

EDIT:
    2 new ones:

1. Whats the bar in the top right of my screen? Pale blueish, incosistent, sometimes full sometimes empty.

2. Why have I now got 10 skill points which havn't been allocated? I'm pretty sure i was on top of that kind of thing before I left...
    Last edited by xEiyuux; 1st August 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    neigh

1. It has been removed when the Big Bang update came around around last Decemberish.

2. New and somewhat overpowered jobs imo. They're quite easier to level, but have their own required sidequests to advance or continue.

3. Depends on each world. Some worlds have terrible economies while others have a much more stable economies.

4. Potential is basically "hidden" stats that an equip can have. They range from having accuracy, avoidabiliy, wep. att, mag. att to % values for str/dex/luk/int. The Miracle Cubes in Cash Shop can reset the potential of your equip and give you new ones in addition to giving you a cube fragment. You can trade in cube fragments by double-clicking them in the values of 5 or 10. 5 fragments can be traded in for a regular Potential Scroll that will give an equip potential when it doesn't already have at a 70% success rate. 10 fragments can be traded in for an Advance Potential Scroll which will do the same as the regular one but at a 90% success rate. The magnifying glasses in most potion shops reveal the "hidden potential" of an equip which will be notified in your chat box or by a red outlining on the equip. There are 3 levels of potential: Rare(default; blue lining), Epic(purple lining), Unique(highest; yellow lining). There are also tiers that determine how good the stats will be and also depending on it be rare/epic/unique: ~lv30, ~lv70, ~120+. The Miracle Cubes, if used constantly on a potentialed equips, have the ability make your equips become Epic (from Rare) or Unique (from Epic). The number of cubes used to make it Epic or Unique varies mostly by chance. Lastly, each equip has either 2 or 3 potential stats. Most people strive for a 3-lined potential equip because it will grant more opportunities to get desired stats. The most wanted ones are % str/luk/dex/int. Potential equips also have the ability to give decent skills: Decent Mystic Door, Decent Hyper Body, Decent Haste, and Decent Sharp Eyes. The decent skills don't match up to the potential of the original skills of course, but are quite handy for people who don't have access to these skills on a daily basis.

5. There is also a Chaos Horntail Pendant. They're different from their previous ones due to their extra str, dex, luk and int and also having a nice 10% hp added to your max hp.

6. There are new mounts that can be gained from gachapon or received from multiple events Nexon has thrown out. There are also mounts in Cash Shop that are accessible as covers.

7. Only if you like questing I guess. A lot of quests have been reset due to the Big Bang update. Good ones imo would be quests that give out scrolls or fame which can be located here: http://global.hidden-street.net/quest/list

8. Most party quests are now dead from what I've seen. Almost no one will join unless you have some friends, but the party quests now give equips if done numerous times or completing a given requirement.

9. The badges are called medals. Certain medals give extra stats depending on what they are. They can be acquired by completing tasks.
    10. An android is what it is but requires a recipe to create and hearts for it to function. They are created with lv4 Smithing. The hearts have the ability to give wep. att from what I've seen, but are only temporary for about 2 weeks.

11. The ranking can be obtained from doing PvP. You will rank up the more you do PvP and gaing Battle EXP.

12. Those Cash Shop skill books only apply to Evans and Dual Bladers. They are required to continuing maxing certain skills.

13. Microwaves are used to melt Ice Cubes that are dropped by all mobs. They give prizes from potions to chairs and scrolls and a button for each melted cube. 8 buttons will get you an Advance Equipment Enchancement Scroll which is available from Inkwell.

14. Pretty much you got the general questions down.

-------

1. What? Maybe it's from Energy Charge from being a Marauder or Thunder Breaker. The only blue bar from my knownledge was from my Thunder Breaker when he was charing for the orb.

2. Some skills were put to a lower max level and mostly the reason why you got extra SP back.

Cheers buddy. Nice bit of info there :)

The sadest part about it is the PQs. They have been completely sapped of anything resembling their great pasts. In general I think Nexon have fluffed the game up a bit. The revamped towns look awful. And they've CHANGED THE THEME TUNE on the login page. Bad move.

And yes, you were quite right about the blue bar. It was my Pirate charge bar....shows how long I've been away from Maple eh.
    neigh

I noticed your question 12 and your second question 2 weren't answered very clearly, so I'll patch up on that.

12. Skills for all classes have a max level, and you can't just keep raising them. I think all fourth job classes have a skill that requires Mastery Books, to raise the max level. Mastery books are items that raise the max level of certain skills, with a given success rate. The ones in the Cash Shop are for Evans and Dual Blades, and made to look pretty. That's pretty much it.

----------------------

2. With Big Bang, all of the skills for each class were redone. Max levels were part of the list of things that were redone, as well as the addition of new skills and the removing of others. If a skill you had was removed, where does the SP go? You get it back, and you get to reassign it. Also, if a skill had it's max level decreased, say from 20 to 10, you'd get the 10 SP back to reassign it.

And yeah, I'm pretty pissed about the music on the login page changing as well. That actually happened pretty recently, one or two weeks ago, I believe.

Appreciate it, thanks. Starting to fit back in now. The depth of the game is ridiculous though. Crafting, scrolling.....easy to get lost in it all
    neigh