Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji View Post
    I really don't care what Wyatt says about something he doesn't have knowledge about; I can always ignore comments. What I do feel offended is that a database moderator has the right to call people who debate on a touchy subject "***gots," while he is supposed to represent the community. Pretty unprofessional, no?
    Anyone can be a database mod, they just have to apply.
    Database mods =/= representation of community in any way.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Anyone can be a database mod, they just have to apply.
    Database mods =/= representation of community in any way.
    From an outsiders perspective, they are. And generally when you're given some sort of responsibility on a forum you're expected to not look like a jackass. Privileges do get taken away when you're not shown of being capable to use them, or give them a good image.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    From an outsiders perspective, they are. And generally when you're given some sort of responsibility on a forum you're expected to not look like a jackass. Privileges do get taken away when you're not shown of being capable to use them, or give them a good image.
    Yes, that is indeed true. Obviously some people apply for mod positions just for the ego boost, but I'd like to think that most people don't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sennheiser93 View Post
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Must agree with this sentiment.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Yes, that is indeed true. Obviously some people apply for mod positions just for the ego boost, but I'd like to think that most people don't...

Must agree with this sentiment.
    Honestly I hope you don't think of me that way, as I applied because I've used Hidden-Street for a few years, and felt like it was necessary for me to apply. Honestly, if my orange name is taken away, it wouldn't affect me. Same should apply for your name.
    I also want to say that I am not going to argue what you think of me, as it is your thoughts and opinions on me. I just hope that you can all see past my jackass posts, and actually get to know me.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Also, read pyrofoyr's post in the Re:Atheism thread. He understands it all.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I just hope that you can all see past my jackass posts, and actually get to know me.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Also, read pyrofoyr's post in the Re:Atheism thread. He understands it all.
    If you mean he understands you're close-minded and ignorant, then I agree.
    It's also hard to get past your "jackass posts" if they're the only medium between us and your personality.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    This is also what's wrong with society. In ancient periods in China, they just had random officials, which did the job without being any kind of celebrity. They took some kind of test, and were sort of known by their distinctive robes and such, but they weren't on national TV, etc. They just quietly did their jobs and nobody cared if they had affairs with mistresses since half the population wouldn't know who they were.

When officials are treated as something other than normal people, then you have the problems. Take a look at some of our celebrities in acting that just outright snapped (pffft, Lindsay Lohan). Wyatt's title likely went to his head, because of the obligations and privileges that went with it. But seriously, I've met a couple of really weird mods in my life (zomganime's (or was it subbedanime) main mod is particularly interesting, the second day I was on, he got in a shouting match with someone who switched passwords but was the same IP that he'd banned, and cursed like a sailor) so although it would be ideal WhiteMage for people in authority to not behave like jackasses, sometimes it's abuse of power, and sometimes it's even just their normal personality whether or not they are in power.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 17th August 2011 at 12:38 AM.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

I'm fairly certain Wyatt's database mod title has nothing to do with how he's a jackass.

It's just a bad example for someone with the title to be setting.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    I'm fairly certain Wyatt's database mod title has nothing to do with how he's a jackass.

It's just a bad example for someone with the title to be setting.
    Exactly. :)

┻━┻
    /(°-°)\