Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3ds Y/N?

Default 3ds Y/N?

So, whoever has the 3DS, is it worth getting yet?
    It's been flashcart hacked for a while, will probably end up having to get a new one.
    Gamestop is offering a 50$ credit if I trade in my DSLite, and my DSLite is like... 4 years old.
    I would say it's worth it :D

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Oh yes, at $120, it is most definitely worth it. Especially since your DS lite is old, and they were $120 when released. Snag a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D, and you'll be set until Christmas time. Once games like that Super Mario Bros 3D, and Starfox 3D come out, you won't regret buying the 3DS. What most people don't realize, is that the 3D on the 3DS is not a gimmick, and is actually quite impressive. ESPECIALLY for a handheld. I'd say it's better than 3D TV's, in my honest opinion. I mean, they have a better viewing angle, but the 3D on the 3DS takes the cake.

Buy one. Also, if you need any more info, let me know.

Wtf is the 3DS? Nintendo used to remake their old games, strap a different name, and change it somehow. Now all they are doing is remaking the old game, putting the same game, virtually no changes, and making money. The 3DS is Nintendo's way of cutting out the middle man.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Wtf is the 3DS? Nintendo used to remake their old games, strap a different name, and change it somehow. Now all they are doing is remaking the old game, putting the same game, virtually no changes, and making money. The 3DS is Nintendo's way of cutting out the middle man.
    Are you bashing the [handheld] console or Nintendo here?

Both. Nintendo remakes games and they make the "perfect" console to do it with.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Zelda is not a remake, it is a remaster. If you owned a Nintendo 3DS, you would know that Starfox 3DS isn't just a remake. Multiplayer, replayable missions, and video chatting, all at the same time. And using the Gyroscope, you CAN control the ship via moving your 3DS. CAN. The game looks simply fantastic, and almost has the same level of graphics as any Xbox 360 game.

Also, don't forget, that they are coming out with Mario Kart 3DS, and a NEW Super Mario Bros game. As well as there already being a few racing games, and Pilotwings resort. I'd say there is already a pretty okay library for games already. Not the best, but it's alright ,and will keep me going until new games are out.

It's the same game with new features. Big deal! It's an easy way for Nintendo to put $40 on an old title. In no way am I going to get in on Nintendo's continuous scams to sell the same crap over and over. The legends of Nintendo need to be just that, legends. Put them to rest already. Make something new. It's the same thing over and over with Nintendo.

Really just added a few features... I did play the 3DS with Ocarina of Time. I just played my cousin's. Really it was the same... I felt like I was playing my Ocarina of Time but the only difference to me was it looked nicer. Well big deal. Not worth the cost. Get an emulator. Stop giving Nintendo more money.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

It's the same game with new features. Big deal! It's an easy way for Nintendo to put $40 on an old title. In no way am I going to get in on Nintendo's continuous scams to sell the same crap over and over. The legends of Nintendo need to be just that, legends. Put them to rest already. Make something new. It's the same thing over and over with Nintendo.

Really just added a few features... I did play the 3DS with Ocarina of Time. I just played my cousin's. Really it was the same... I felt like I was playing my Ocarina of Time but the only difference to me was it looked nicer. Well big deal. Not worth the cost. Get an emulator. Stop giving Nintendo more money.
    No thanks, I'd rather give them my money, and have fun playing my 3DS.

i'm with wyatt on this one

yeah, emulators, sure, why not. You have to consider the nostalgia factor and that the majority of people buying the 3DS would merely blink if you told them to download an emulator. Along with that, those games were never meant to be played on the computer, and to me, it doesn't have the same amount of enjoyability than actually playing titles on the N64, or in this case, the 3DS

This weekend, for gamestop members, they are letting you trade in a DS lite, DSi, DSixl, and buy the 3DS for a mere $100. Personally, I would love to play starfox, zelda, mario, and the whole shabangs that nintendo has rolled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

There are some people that enjoy the constant remakes and remasters of the same game and there are people like me that expect something new and get the same thing... I just want something new Nintendo... Please give me something new that isn't stupid.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!