Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Russ' Guide on Dragon Knights

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Max GS is mediocre but lv1 GS is more than enough seeing that you don't gain much in attack power as you level the skill.
    what.. what... didn't I just.. say...

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iVege View Post
    - If s/he didn't mention that it was changed at Big Bang and again at Chaos, I don't see why it would hurt for me to add that.
    - What I'm saying is that it isn't the Beholden that makes the Dark Knight self-reliant.
    But it plays a huge role in it. It's a combination of Hyper Body and the strong small-mobbing skills, but Beholden (and the buffs that come with it) pushes Drk up a notch.
    - Compared to swords. There are 1H Swords, 2H Swords, 2H Axes etc. The speeds of all the weapons vary, you shouldn't say that their attacking speed is lower, but that 'most spears are normal and poles slow' or something along those lines.
    With a few very rare exceptions, there aren't any practical 2h weapons. While I understand that saying "Warriors should almost always use 1h Swords" is kind of extreme, it makes practical sense (and arguing personal preference is difficult).
    - If you're OHKOing with Slash Blast, then so are you with Power Strike. Raising either skills would only waste MP, so why put points into them at all?. Again, this is if you are OHKOing with Slash Blast.
    Slash Blast hits multiple enemies and is faster. Power Strike is mildly useful for Mushmom training. I agree that the two should either be switched or z/bMM training be mentioned
    - Defence is generally useless when it's only 200. But I've already stated the pros and cons of HP Boost to Iron Body.
    - If GS is mediocre when maxed, then it must suck extremely badly at level 1, since it's weaker than when it was first implemented at level 1.
    Weaker than Slash Blast as well. However, it gains a whopping 18% damage per level and reaching 380% with only 10 SP, which is amazing compared to other classes. Spearman are really the only ones to have the luxury of maxing Ground Smash because of Iron Will's uselessness (though Fighters have Brandish).
    Yes, but IW is still more useful in the long run. Considering 30-70 takes a day or two, I'd pick a very rarely useful IW over a completely useless (in the end) GS. GS is one of those points where the lvl 1 skill is useful for the range of the attack, but upgrades are mediocre.
    - So lazy haha ¬¬
    - I'm saying Buster is not better than Fury even if they're both maxed, assuming Buster is not glitched.
    That I understand, but lvl 1 Buster (as is suggested) is helpful at Toy Room or taking down single enemies. I do agree, however, that Sac should maxed instead of ER.
    - Super W.DEF, damage reflect etc. is not cancelled, but blocked only. I was saying it could be nice to add that the important buffs aren't cancelled. I know I said this was a list of inaccuracies, which is precisely why I said "You should note that".
    - It's also your 1v1 skill, meaning it can be used at LHC, HoH or whatever. It saves MP if you have no familiar, and HP is no longer an issue at normal 1v1 with 4-hit Sacrifice and Wisdom. Again, assuming no cap hindrance, and I should also add low enough PDR ignore.
    While pure 1v1 attacks are occasionally useful, they're used too rarely to be extremely important. 95% of the time I'm at LHC or HoH, I'm attacking 2 or more enemies.
    - Yup. I don't see why it would hurt to be a little more accurate.
    - Other skills give better benefits.
    replies in red again

Spoiler!

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    replies in red again
    Is there a way to quote a quote while keeping the formatting? Oh well.

- Beholden doesn't really push them up a notch because "Beholden" and "Hex of the Beholden" is basically a nerfed "____ Expert" skill. Aura's healing is greatly inferior to Wisdom's, and to use as a last-resort life saver when immobolised is extremely unreliable. Though, that's pretty much its only important use anyway, if you could call it important. Revenge is a nice skill though, actually. As long as you don't think of it as a nerfed summon attack that costs 10 SP, a buffed/nerfed Body Pressure, or a nerfed Achilles :x But ignoring that, it is a useful skill!

- So all spears and polearms are impractical? I'll assume you're talking about weapons with 1H and 2H types. The fact remains that warrior weapons comes in varying speeds, so it would be best to at least note that you won't necessarily be 'slow'.

- But aren't you OHKOing everything anyway, supposedly? Mob count doesn't change with level. And just a small note that Slash Blast isn't faster.

- Is the cast delay of Iron Will even worth it? I don't use it because it has no place in my macros since its duration got nerfed and no longer syncs with anything. Ground Smash also has the best vertical range of all your skills, though Mihile's Soul Driver may have more. I use it at Jesters to hit two platforms at once.

- Ground Smash's upgrades are amazing. Probably the best of any Explorer skill, and I'm only saying this because I'm most familiar with Explorers. 18% per SP for only 10 SP max. It ends up being stronger than some other Explorer skills percentage-wise.

- No, no it's not. I'm saying they messed up with Buster—they buffed Fury a lot more. With level 1 Buster, you can't even use it to perform burst damage for OHKOs versus maxed Fury. And should you max Buster for whatever reason, its only use would be burst damage if it isn't glitched.

- I don't know. I face single opponents pretty often .-. Anyhow, I was reminded on another forum that Sac's extra useful at Dojo. Its MP cost of like 18 instead of 50 makes it all the more useful there.

You'll never use GS when you're 3rd and 4th job unless you're bored and screwing around. No point in maxing that over IW which you can just throw into your buff macro.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Beginner

You'll never use GS when you're 3rd and 4th job unless you're bored and screwing around. No point in maxing that over IW which you can just throw into your buff macro.
    It has the range and speed. and IW delays you, especially with the gaps between buffs in macros. Not that I would put it in a macro since it doesn't sync.

Might as well not max Fury either then, for Elemental Resistance, even though it has the downwards range. I mean, Elemental Resistance is passive 8D

Quote Originally Posted by iVege View Post
    It has the range and speed.
    So does DI. And maybe even fury and buster as well.
    Butts.

The point is, you're getting hung up on theory crafting and not considering the actual benefits when you play. Theorycrafting in maplestory is pretty crappy overall, it rarely works as expected.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

So does DI. And maybe even fury and buster as well.
    It is the fastest of all those skill with the best upward range. It can be used to hit 2 platforms in chimney. Use with Roar to protect a map for another player/character, for example? Of course, it can be done with level 1 Ground Smash, I'm just listing it uses and how it's > Iron Will.

My second paragraph is for why you should max it as a Spearman.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    The point is, you're getting hung up on theory crafting and not considering the actual benefits when you play. Theorycrafting in maplestory is pretty crappy overall, it rarely works as expected.
    Can you specify which parts I'm theorycrafting in?
    Last edited by iVege; 25th November 2012 at 06:27 AM.

An average player will be a spearman for all of five hours or less of play time. Then they'll be a DK.
    Butts.

Stop trolling threads in the outdated section.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward