Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Russ' Guide on Dragon Knights

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    An average player will be a spearman for all of five hours or less of play time. Then they'll be a DK.
    Regardless of how long it actually takes, you can reduce that for a skill you won't even use or will be little of benefit.

The time you spend as a DK from 70-120 compared to 120-200 is miniscule. Let's not max Fury, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Stop trolling threads in the outdated section.
    Define trolling...? Because I don't think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by iVege View Post

Can you specify which parts I'm theorycrafting in?

- Ground Smash's upgrades are amazing. Probably the best of any Explorer skill, and I'm only saying this because I'm most familiar with Explorers. 18% per SP for only 10 SP max. It ends up being stronger than some other Explorer skills percentage-wise.

- I don't know. I face single opponents pretty often .-. Anyhow, I was reminded on another forum that Sac's extra useful at Dojo. Its MP cost of like 18 instead of 50 makes it all the more useful there.
    They don't play out the same way in reality. Realistically you'll be 1-2 hitting stuff with GS at level 1... and at level 10. So why would you dump an extra 9 SP into it?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    They don't play out the same way in reality. Realistically you'll be 1-2 hitting stuff with GS at level 1... and at level 10. So why would you dump an extra 9 SP into it?
    It's weaker than your first job skill, I seriously doubt it. I recently trained a Hunter that has I think 360% or 380% damage and it didn't OHKO (yes, I'm aware a Spearman has a higher range). With Ground Smash at 218%... Well, however it fares at "normal" training spots, a maxed GS is definitely better at Azwan.

You didn't comment on the Sac-dojo. Is it supposed to be there? Common sense says that you use Sac, anyway. but since you can't use potions, having less than half the cost is definitely useful.
    Last edited by iVege; 25th November 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Once you hit damage cap with sac it loses effectiveness. Forgot to comment on that. Also it has a minuscule range so you're stuck hugging enemies to use it, vs DI which literally hits across the screen. Also, I OHKO everything on new characters I make in 2nd job (until Jesters at 40-45, at least), so Idk what you're doing wrong.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Once you hit damage cap with sac it loses effectiveness. Forgot to comment on that.
    You didn't need to, because I already have.

Also it has a minuscule range so you're stuck hugging enemies to use it, vs DI which literally hits across the screen. Also, I OHKO everything on new characters I make in 2nd job (until Jesters at 40-45, at least), so Idk what you're doing wrong.
    That's just an advantage that Dark Impale has over Sac. Would you use Pierce over UStrafe + Snipe because it has more range?

I OHKO everything on some of the newly released characters like Jett. I have all the clean equipments with the correct level req. for my Hunter, w/e etc. and they do not OHKO.

That's just an advantage that Dark Impale has over Sac. Would you use Pierce over UStrafe + Snipe because it has more range?
    This is a horrible comparison and you should feel bad for making it. Dark Impale is actually a useful skill with a good amount of damage that is effected a lot less by the damage cap than the one-hit wonder Sacrifice that reaches it very easily. In the long run you're obviously going to benefit more from skills that hit multiple times.

Okay really the trolling isn't that funny.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    This is a horrible comparison and you should feel bad for making it. Dark Impale is actually a useful skill with a good amount of damage that is effected a lot less by the damage cap than the one-hit wonder Sacrifice that reaches it very easily. In the long run you're obviously going to benefit more from skills that hit multiple times.
    And you don't give any reason as to why it's a bad comparison.

I, on the other hand, can give reasons as to why it's a good comparison. Like Dark Impale to Sac, Pierce has increased horizontal (like Dark Impale to Sac, Sac has better vertical range) range over UStrafe/Snipe, but like Dark Impale to Sac, UStrafe/Sac is better than Pierce on 1v1 (and yes, the cap hindrance applies to Marksmen as well ie Pierce is better with enough funding. I don't know why you brought it up because I specifically mentioned that this was for the average DrK who isn't hindered since the first time I mentioned Sacrifice).

Sacrifice hits 4 times now. So it hits multiple times as well. But again, I don't know why you're bringing it up, assuming you can read properly.

You didn't need to, because I already have.

I OHKO everything on some of the newly released characters like Jett. I have all the clean equipments with the correct level req. for my Hunter, w/e etc. and they do not OHKO.
    Yeah, so you're basically saying you're not very good at the game. When I said I OHKO everything on all my characters, I mean everything from the original 4 and every class since then. It's really not that hard to do 2k damage at level 30 in a single hit with a level 1 mobbing skill considering all the silly passive buffs you can get from having multiple characters.

Additionally, the advantage makes all the difference; it's the difference between taking 10k touch damage every other second and not taking 10k touch damage every other second. I'd say that's a pretty big difference. You're also comparing Pierce (a mobbing skill with less single target DPS) to UStrafe and Snipe, both of which are single target DPS skills. I'm not sure where you get off pulling terrible analogies out of your ass, but apparently you find this effective.

As a side note, I hope you realize that CVS was a top-tier DrK before he got hacked and quit. I believe his upper range was near 6-digits, though I may be wrong.
    Last edited by emailbox; 26th November 2012 at 01:43 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Srsly stop trolling Russ's awesome sexy thread.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Beginner

Yeah, so you're basically saying you're not very good at the game. When I said I OHKO everything on all my characters, I mean everything from the original 4 and every class since then. It's really not that hard to do 2k damage at level 30 in a single hit with a level 1 mobbing skill considering all the silly passive buffs you can get from having multiple characters.

Additionally, the advantage makes all the difference; it's the difference between taking 10k touch damage every other second and not taking 10k touch damage every other second. I'd say that's a pretty big difference. You're also comparing Pierce (a mobbing skill with less single target DPS) to UStrafe and Snipe, both of which are single target DPS skills. I'm not sure where you get off pulling terrible analogies out of your ass, but apparently you find this effective.

As a side note, I hope you realize that CVS was a top-tier DrK before he got hacked and quit. I believe his upper range was near 6-digits, though I may be wrong.
    2k damage with 218% is easy for a Spearman. But that won't get you OHKOs. Especially not in Azwan.

Sac has enough range not to get you hit by touch damage. Now with 100% stance, it isn't hard at all. Otherwise, AoE attacks will hit you anyway. Not that taking damage is a huge problem anyway with 5-hit Impale, 4-hit Sacrifice and 1/5 proc Wisdom.

Pierce = a mobbing skill with less single target DPS, higher horizontal range than UStrafe/Snipe, lower vertical range, not as hindered by damage cap (yes, in single target).

Dark Impale: Pierce = a mobbing skill with less single target DPS, higher horizontal range than Sac (in the conditions I first stated), lower vertical range, not as hindered by damage cap.

Point is, why would you use Dark Impale on single targets if you have Sacrifice? Would you use Pierce over UStrafe/Snipe?

Wow, his range is high, automatically making his build correct. I could max Rush, Monster Magnet, Maple Warrior etc. first and finally get all my core skills maxed at level 200, then fund it with 50b mesos.