Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Russ' Guide on Dragon Knights

Actually it would probably cost more than 50b to get a 100k range, but that's not really the point. The point: would you rather use a skill that hits cap 4 times or a skill that hits slightly under cap 5 times? I'd use the second one.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Actually it would probably cost more than 50b to get a 100k range, but that's not really the point. The point: would you rather use a skill that hits cap 4 times or a skill that hits slightly under cap 5 times? I'd use the second one.
    It's not only beside the point. I never said that the example DrK would get a 100k range, but a high range despite screwing up his build.

I like to use this insult, but as an insult. I don't want it to be used as an insult here but... do you know how to read? I've repeatedly said, from my very first mention of Sacrifice, that this is assuming that there is no cap hindrance (and on my second mention, PDR ignore since I forgot that). So you're really arguing with no one here.

Furthermore, there is no reason for Russ to assume that all the DrKs following the guide caps with Sac.

---

Also, the MP cost of Impale is 50 when maxed, only 53 when affected by d/CO. Probably a wording problem or just hovered over skill for a quick glance.

I don't understand why you would assume that the cap wouldn't have an impact on the player. That makes no sense at all. Additionally, not all DrKs may cap with sac initially, but anyone who planned to hit 200 back in the days where it was mildly difficult to do so would most likely end up with a range that would hit cap. Hitting cap with Sac doesn't require a 6 digit range, from what I remember.

You may also want to note that if hitting cap isn't going to be nearly a problem for you and mana is a problem in Dojo, it's not going to be important anyway. The only reason you'd want to Dojo hardcore is to get on the ranking board and get those gloves that give %Boss Damage and attack (or whatever the stats are, but they're good). If you're Dojoing casually, your argument is irrelevant.

The short of it is, anyone who isn't funded enough to hit cap with Sac probably won't ever have to use Sac in the first place since they'll be sitting around at LHC (mobbing) or SH (even more mobbing), and are unlikely to be bossing solo against bosses where single target damage is more important than multi-targetting. I get that Sac is better in very specific situations, but again, those are very specific situations with either very specific levels of funding or very specific bosses (bosses that are irrelevant overall, such as Scarlion and Targa, who aren't even worth killing anymore because of NX:Meso inflation).
    Last edited by emailbox; 27th November 2012 at 04:14 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

I don't understand why you would assume that the cap wouldn't have an impact on the player. That makes no sense at all.
    Well, that's because-

wait, what? I never said that. I said that while there is no cap hindrance, Sacrifice is better, not that cap doesn't matter. Where did you get that from?

Now, "what if you do hit cap?", you may ask.

Additionally, not all DrKs may cap with sac initially, but anyone who planned to hit 200 back in the days where it was mildly difficult to do so would most likely end up with a range that would hit cap. Hitting cap with Sac doesn't require a 6 digit range, from what I remember.
    You can make the biggest assumptions ever if you want to, but not the guide. As a guide, it shouldn't. From what I can tell, Russ wanted his guide to be good, and this aspect, he succeeded. Nowhere in this guide does it say 'ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED AND IS/WILL CAPPING/CAP".

You may also want to note that if hitting cap isn't going to be nearly a problem for you and mana is a problem in Dojo, it's not going to be important anyway. The only reason you'd want to Dojo hardcore is to get on the ranking board and get those gloves that give %Boss Damage and attack (or whatever the stats are, but they're good).
    Reiterate please. Don't get your wording.

You're saying you'll be clearing dojo too quick to care about MP if you're capping? And if you're not capping, then you wouldn't be able to rank in the top 50? or what.

If you're Dojoing casually, your argument is irrelevant.
    Because MP cost doesn't matter when dojo-ing casually...? There's still a time limit, you know. And I don't like whacking with normal attack.

The short of it is, anyone who isn't funded enough to hit cap with Sac probably won't ever have to use Sac in the first place since they'll be sitting around at LHC (mobbing) or SH (even more mobbing), and are unlikely to be bossing solo against bosses where single target damage is more important than multi-targetting. I get that Sac is better in very specific situations, but again, those are very specific situations with either very specific levels of funding or very specific bosses (bosses that are irrelevant overall, such as Scarlion and Targa, who aren't even worth killing anymore because of NX:Meso inflation).
    God damnit, if you're going to say Sacrifice's situational use makes it not worth maxing, then why the hell should it be maxed over Elemental Resistance?