View Poll Results: Schizoid?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, you are.

0 0%
  • I'm not. And I don't think you are either.

3 75.00%
  • I am. (Dunno about you)

1 25.00%
  • We both are.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schizoid or Extreme Introversion?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default Schizoid or Extreme Introversion?

Recent events led me to the assumption that I might have Schizoid Personality Disorder. Since half of you never follow links, what is it? Extreme (self-imposed) social isolation and fear of intimacy. That's right I'm not just a disagreeable person, I actually have problems touching loved ones. I kinda noticed this with a former (I can't really call them gfs, since it never really got beyond a close platonic relationship). The closest I could get was hugging a person, and this was really, really a stretch. I'd have to know a person practically like family (at least several years) to consider this, and I can't remember the last person I kissed. Btw, if you think you might be a candidate, here's the test.

http://www.personalityone.com/schizo...rder-quiz.html

I'd say 4 is the threshold, where you are merely extremely introverted. I got a five. I do value family, and seek after one, and I do experience strong emotions (but ummm, problem being actually touching, having sex, etc, equals no direct family, and I also said I probably was unlikely to let other people know my feelings even if I experience them).

What's this recent events I speak of? My sister's baby was born.

The guy's cute. I like him, despite the crying. But over the course of the week I found it was increasingly awkward holding him, I got downright squeamish changing him, and finally stopped touching him around the point my camera-crazy mom tries to get a picture of me holding him (you have thousands of pictures, GO AWAY). Still, I think I like him. But at a distance, which is kinda unfortunate.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 21st August 2011 at 05:43 PM.

I got four points. What does this mean?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Four points of 7 is halfway. You're really, really shy (but probably not schizoid). Not that this is a definite test. The test also said it could be a number of other things, like mild autism. 3 and below has elements of awkwardness, but probably not even extreme shyness.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 21st August 2011 at 06:05 PM.

Drake

I despise babies, but that doesn't make me have a disorder.
    Spoiler!

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

i dont trust online quizzes to determine my levels of social skill or sanity
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Especially one that only asks you 7 questions
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Ryuuji

Stop diagnosing yourself online.

I was able to honestly answer "yes" to all the questions.

Internet tests have little to no credibility anyways.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Not everything in psychology can be boiled down to a few trigger events in life. It's a series of incredibly complex emotional, chemical, and biological changes. Seven questions cannot even begin to give you an understanding of what is going on.

Just from what I've seen on here, it's not so much self-isolation as it is a need to differentiate yourself from "authority" sources. Even though this is "just the internet", you are still able to post extreme details of your personal life, something someone with that disorder would never do.

Although it's become something of a touchy subject in psychology, you seem to be closer to Borderline Personality Disorder. Again, I can only draw this from the stories you've told and how you react to certain conflicts. You need to go to a professional for anything of a legitimate diagnosis. Self-diagnosis itself is a dangerous thing, especially in psychology. Most of the time, it forces you to inaccurately recall past events so you can fit them into a very rough set of requirements. In reality, most people could probably look back on their lives and believe they fit these "tests".

Spoiler!

+1 for most educated post in HS.
    I like how I didn't actually need to read bulma's post to know what this thread was about.

bolt202/veil225/feint200