Thread: Does Critical (of potential equips) work against bosses?

Icon1 Does Critical (of potential equips) work against bosses?

I have a wand with 6% critical, which - I presume - means that approx 1 / 16 attacks will be one hit kills.

Does that still work aganst bosses? Not much use against anything else, really, since I tend to go for 2HK, max 3HK.

Of course, with LHC and some other new chars, Maple are stretching the definition of boss these days.

Hmmm, would that wand give 1/ 16 OHK in LHC where I otherwise need 150+ hits to kill even the weakest?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yes, %crits work against all normal (not special, pvp, etc) mobs. That includes bosses.

Also, keep in mind that after big bang all classes get 5% base crit. So, if your skills don't add anything else, you actually have 11% crit. An extra 6% crit is only going to add about 2% total damage (assuming no increased crit damage skills) against bosses.

Spoiler!

Crits =/= one hit kill.
    Crits mean your number pops up pink and deals more damage than normal.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Crits =/= one hit kill.
    Crits mean your number pops up pink and deals more damage than normal.
    oic. Thanks.

Any more info on exactly how this works?
    Last edited by mawg; 22nd August 2011 at 01:42 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Since you have a 6% crit weapon and 5% crit base, you have a total of 11% chance to do a critical.

Unaltered crits can be 120%-150% normal damage. There are many skills you can get to increase the minimum damage, and Sharp Eyes (Bowmaster/Marksman 4th job party skill) can increase your max crit damage.

Spoiler!

Thanks, as always, for your info.

Pre-BB my normal damage was in the 17k range. Post-BB I seem to be doing circa 100k (!).

In HC, which just launched in SEA, w/o using that 6% critical wand, my damages is only about 2 to 3k, BUT my critical is of the order of 70k.

I will experiment & post back for posterity if I discover anythng interesting.