Thread: PS3 Questions

Default PS3 Questions

I probably didn't have to make a thread for this, but oh well.

So I plan on getting a PS3, but they come in 160GB and 320GB. The former for $250 and the latter for $300. That's $50 more for double the original space. But I'm not sure if I need all of that extra storage space. I'm a casual gamer, so I don't think I would need a large amount of storage space. Also, if I needed more space, could I just buy some generic USBs and connect it to the PS3? Could I also stream videos with the PS3? What do most people use their PS3 storage space for anyways, besides downloaded games and saves?
    by Cryopon

Get a PC.
    More specifically, build a PC. Will be cheaper and way more versatile and powerful.

If there's some exclusive PS3 game you want, the I guess you don't really have a choice.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

PS3s doesn't work with my External portable HD no matter how I work with it.

You can stream movies from Netflix and buy stuff from the PSN.

If you plan to play a decent library of PS3 games, get the 300 USD one. Worth paying 50 USD extra for double. Blu Ray players itself is still crazy expensive.
    I'm Retired.

Don't get the 320 GB one unless you plan to download a LOT of games to it. I don't mean 5-10, I mean 15-30+ Save files for games won't go over a few mbs, so the real user of space is downloadable content, videos, music, and PSN games.
    If you get one, get HDMI cables too, which as I said quite a while ago, won't go over $50. PSN is free, so that's nice. (But it is loaded with hackers) You can put Music, Videos, and pictures on a USB device and view them that way, which will save you a few gigs of space in the long run, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    PS3s doesn't work with my External portable HD no matter how I work with it.

You can stream movies from Netflix and buy stuff from the PSN.

If you plan to play a decent library of PS3 games, get the 300 USD one. Worth paying 50 USD extra for double. Blu Ray players itself is still crazy expensive.
    If you're talking about a USB drive, you need it to be fat32 I believe.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Oh btw, I enjoy my ps3, I use a 320gb external drive for no reason, I just use it for pictures, it's honestly way better than buying a 4gb xbox for 200 bucks, it has some good exclusive titles, but it has some of the best dlc games out there.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

I don't think I use much PS3 space. I have Katamari Forever, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Disgaea 3 (and I haven't played much Disgaea 3).

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Get a PC.
    More specifically, build a PC. Will be cheaper and way more versatile and powerful.

If there's some exclusive PS3 game you want, the I guess you don't really have a choice.
    I'm Zait, and I approve of this message.

Games themselves only take a few 100mb for a save, however the dlc takes 1-1000+mb, games like call of duty usually invest so much memory in maps.

Solution: Don't get Call of Duty games.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Solution: Don't get Call of Duty games.
    Cod4+fallout and you're set.