Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Hurricane

South Carolina don't die, I need you.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    Uh yeah, even Hurricane Floyd in 1999 did respectable damage. Just because it's another dime a dozen hurricanes doesn't mean you can dismiss the fact that they do damage.

I couldn't care if a hurricane from 1938 did. If a hurricane delivers destruction, then it has done it's job.
    What I'm saying though, is if it's proceeded by an earthquake, and they start mentioning that very storm on the weather channel, get in your car and flee to the next three states inland.

There are three destructive categories of hurricanes, there are normal level hurricanes (measured in simple quantitative levels like category 3 or 5, but mainly which affect people with lousily built homes), there are epic level hurricanes (storms like the 1938 one that left entire towns death but a few people, and attacked several states), and apocalyptic level storms (the Great Flood of the Bible happened, I can prove it happened because I did a research paper in OT class. Not only is there proof in underground erosion lines and stuff near the Alps, not only were many of the maps prior to that point were noticeably altered, but not just the Bible speaks of it but also Mesopotamian and numerous other literature). Always be prepared for the absolute worst, so tomorrow everyone should head over to Mount Everest.

They're telling one of the places we used to live (Delmarva Peninsula), and one of the places we vacation (New Jersey) to completely evacuate.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 26th August 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Bleh. Officially a bad storm.

Wind and rainknocked out our power. Leaking from roof (our roof sux anyway, no big deal). So we settle in, and then the power goes out. No big deal. Sump pump fails, and the basement begins filling. BIG DEAL. The next day, after hours of bailing we had water up to the bottom stair in a rather huge basement, no power, and very cruddy morale. We got someone to help with a generator and drained the basement, but my deal (sleep apnea) wanted someplace with electricity. Good luck. In Virginia, they have gas stations packed (because half of them are down), half the entire towns are power-free, and a huge number of hotels either run (but without power, making them pretty divey) or are outright closed. We had to drive around about 2-3 hours, then call hotel after hotel seeing if they were open and had power. It's really weird here, and will be for a few days.

This did almost nothing, uprooted trees all over NYC. Not really a reason to shut down transportation. Overall: just another big media hype.

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Overall view of Hurricane Irene: not impressed.

It maybe overhyped but it doesn't mean you shouldn't stick your head when the storm is gonna nail your ass.
    I'm Retired.

Hurricane was a POS.

Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

I'm just getting back power now, at 4am. But, other than that, irene wasn't too bad.

Overhyped for South Carolina and New York. Underhyped for New Jersey and Northern Neck. Dumbass weather reporters, try figuring out where the actual storm will hit, rather than just being afraid for big metro areas.

Northern Neck got power losses for miles, gas, hotel, and medical crowd-ups.