Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Non-english speakers in games

  1. #21
    Luck kaglover1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,559

    Default

    Pretty much English is the official language of most business countries

    to get to the point, people who plays MSglobal should learn English but are Spanish speaking people alright? Spanish is America's second language
    Last edited by kaglover1; 3rd September 2011 at 09:02 AM.

  2. #22
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    America has no official language, but that doesn't matter. We're talking specifically about Global Maplestory.


    Spoiler!



  3. #23
    Green Bean rasudoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Avatar
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    America has no official language, but that doesn't matter. We're talking specifically about Global Maplestory.
    What the hell? Why didn't we establish an official language?
    by Cryopon

  4. #24
    Ryuuji
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    It's also specified as English
    Not to mention the majority of spanish speaking players are all "BR?!!?!?". Nevertheless my hatred for people who make no effort to adapt to situations that basically require english grows.
    As the UI language? Because I don't see anything that specifies someone is only to speak English.


    Unless you're implying something, I don't see your point of an argument here.

  5. #25
    im a helicopter Omar Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    over the Middle East dropping my payload
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    English is the unofficial language of the United States. No official language because of the freedom of choice bs.
    Spoiler!

    Spoiler!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

  6. #26
    ちび ithrow4luk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuji View Post
    As the UI language? Because I don't see anything that specifies someone is only to speak English.


    Unless you're implying something, I don't see your point of an argument here.
    it would be like saying a game in korea isn't a korean language oriented game simply because the UI is in korean.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

  7. #27
    Ryuuji
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    it would be like saying a game in korea isn't a korean language oriented game simply because the UI is in korean.
    Unfortunately, Korea is a country where there is an official language. Sadly, North America... is a melting pot of different countries, so you have countries mainly Mexico, USA, and Canada (if they speak french primarily).

  8. #28
    im a helicopter Omar Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    over the Middle East dropping my payload
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    I still think if you live in a country where the road signs are written in english, time to learn how to speak english.
    Spoiler!

    Spoiler!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

  9. #29
    ちび ithrow4luk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I still think if you live in a country where the road signs are written in english, time to learn how to speak english.
    This
    If the primary language is English (the game is all written in english) then it's just common sense that you should know english before playing said game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

  10. #30
    Star CVS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shinkoku Trastrium
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    North America is a multicultural community, we have many different people. The Korean, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Indians, the Portuguese and many more
    That matters in what specific way? And NA is too big to be called a community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •