Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Non-english speakers in games

I like my co-gamers like I like my women, they speak-a-no-engrish.
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

btw moba sucks, but also, it's not so hard if they get the gist of it, playing with randoms is usually going to fail especially in games in need of coordination, just get a decent group of people that are like 100+ dudes who enjoy it, make a neat little community and you'll probably have someone any time you want to play as it gets better. Make the only requirements speaking/understanding English, having a mic, and some common sense.
    Gone with the wind

^Makes sense.

No one's forcing you to play with them, so don't if you don't like them. Making your own small community is a great idea, because you can make new friends with them and play with the same people frequently.

i find that most of my ksers speak only spanish. but then usually i talk it out with them (in spanish) and actually manage to get them to leave nicely.
    and i have some friends who are like "COME HERE GRACE. there's a kser & he's speaking spanish HEEELP." lol.
    i also have a couple of spanish speakers and a portuguese speaker in my BL. i get to practice speaking those languages. cool stuff. (well, typers.../typing).

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

I guess that could be a positive about it. You get to practice another language, and you can resolve similar matters peacefully instead of verbally raging at each other.

Verbally rage at people that don't understand your language gg.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

You could call it entertainment for bystanders. Two people shouting at eachother with FULLCAPS in different languages, both not understanding each other and spamming F5. I think that would be quite funny, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    i find that most of my ksers speak only spanish. but then usually i talk it out with them (in spanish) and actually manage to get them to leave nicely.
    and i have some friends who are like "COME HERE GRACE. there's a kser & he's speaking spanish HEEELP." lol.
    i also have a couple of spanish speakers and a portuguese speaker in my BL. i get to practice speaking those languages. cool stuff. (well, typers.../typing).
    A good deal of people speak Spanish, it's best as a KSer to pretend you don't speak English, and Spanish is a great alternative. 100% of the time when I got a 'Spanish KSer' I'd speak in Spanish and they'd be ignorant, switch to English and eventually **** off. I've had very few Spanish-only speakers KSing, but they usually also **** off.

Hate begets hate, and it usually comes from them being hated on by 'English Only' players, so they stop giving a **** and will KS you because well, **** you. Experienced this as well in maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnny MMOs. Ragnarok BR community anyone?
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    A good deal of people speak Spanish, it's best as a KSer to pretend you don't speak English, and Spanish is a great alternative. 100% of the time when I got a 'Spanish KSer' I'd speak in Spanish and they'd be ignorant, switch to English and eventually **** off. I've had very few Spanish-only speakers KSing, but they usually also **** off.

Hate begets hate, and it usually comes from them being hated on by 'English Only' players, so they stop giving a **** and will KS you because well, **** you. Experienced this as well in maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnny MMOs. Ragnarok BR community anyone?
    oh actually, mine kept speaking in spanish to me after i started talking to them. so i think they were all actually native spanish speakers

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Whenever ppl talk to me in Spanish, I answer their question in English.

"Como estas?" "Fine." "Habla espanol?" "Not really."