Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blankaex's Graphical Indecision Thread

Default Blankaex's Graphical Indecision Thread

Hello, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science enrichment

Hello everyone. Due to my lapse of judgement and making new threads each time I have something to ask, instead of leaving it in one, I asked an awesome person to delete the previous ones, and post the rest on this thread. Meaning, any time I need something like asking for feedback on my works, or picking which renders to use next, and things like that, I'll post them all here on this thread, so make sure you check back frequently!

Alternately, my Signature Requests thread and Image Dumps thread shall remain the same. I'll also make another thread for tutorials that I make, as I'll probably be making quite a few. But that's all, I promise. This thread, Image Dumps, Tutorials and Sig Requests over in Tomato Island.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Hello again guys. I'm loving this Arts subforum! But, for the mean time, here's another thing that's been on my mind.

For my Year 10 Personal Project, we have to do something the whole year that we like to do, and then make a process journal and all this boring stuff with it. I've decided to do a series of Gimp video talk/walkthroughs covering pretty much everything I know about it. And, I've decided to make a tutorial here to share with the HS community as somewhat of a practice and contribution to anyone who's interested.

But, as far as sig making goes, you can't really make a tutorial on "how to make a good sig". You'd have to do something like "how to make a signature that looks like [Signature X]". So, I'm holding another poll to decide what [Signature X] should be. I've gotten a couple of candidates from others, and out of those, I've picked a few. Just cast one vote for one sig that you'd like a tutorial of how to make.

If you see your sig here, you should feel special.

Sig 1:
    Spoiler!

Sig 2:
    Spoiler!

Sig 3:
    Spoiler!

Sig 4:
    Spoiler!

Also, please keep in mind that I chose NONE of these myself. I got about 4 or 5 people to pick a few they liked, assigned each of them numbers, and used a random number generator to pick these.

Woot. I feel special.

Also, I like the background textures on the first and second signature images. Background Textures and Particle Effects could be a good phrase replacement for "how to make a signature that looks like [Signature X]".
    by Cryopon

I swear to **** I already posted in this thread, did you delete it and make a new one? Seriously that's strange.

Anyhow, out of those 3 and 4 are the best because they have more than just the same photoshop filters you apply to every single thing. Most people tend to stick with the same types of filters and this makes their work very played out, furthermore people tend to only use filters and no matter how many you use, it'll look not so great. It's very reminiscent of sunchip with using sunflares in every damn thing back in like 2005-06.

If you're going to make one I'd suggest 3 that has a little more contrast, but they are all looking like just filters and overlays, so you may want to consider that, there are thousands of tutorials out there that go over making signatures that just abuse photoshop filters and renders and do nothing else really.
    Gone with the wind

Thanks for the reply, guys. That looks like... One vote for each of them? :|
    Well, I'll check back after school, and make the tutorial after I finish my homework.

hello sig. <3

tutorial for all of them pls. No work is usually done the same.

Zz. Easy way to get out of making a decision? F3

dat was my intention.

nah, I like all of them and actually do want to know how it's done.

I guess I'll pick the easiest one to make and make a tutorial of it for now, then. I wonder if anyone would seriously consider trying the tutorial though. Seems like a waste to make it if no one's going to use it, but I still want to make a couple of them.

Edit: Finished my first tutorial, three and a half hours later. It's the CVS Sig.
    Last edited by blankaex; 7th September 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Hey everyone.
    Back to posting in this thread.

So recently, my friend, who I need not mention is NOT me, made this sig, and he's looking for ratings, preferably justified.

Personally, I called it disgusting, and it looked like someone took a neon-green dump in the left corner. What do you guys think?

See how I didn't start a new thread, Cliff? I'm smart.

He needs to lay off the sketch filters, and it make the image look like it's been saved as a bad JPG even though it's a PNG.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100