Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blankaex's Gimp Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Also, create as many threads as you feel necessary. I don't think we really care.
    If you ever plan on making an art thread (like a topic for the art YOU created), stick to that one. Don't make a new thread for every new piece of art you do. As for this thread, it makes sense to be a separate one, just be sure to update this thread if you make a new tutorial, rather than making a new topic. It keeps things clean.

and keeps my art thread from being pushed to the bottom
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Yeah, I know. Sorry about it before, lapse in judgment.

First name terms, Russ? Call me Hayden, then. If you want to lighten up the left side more, make a grunge layer in white on the left side, and set it to Overlay.

Added a "How to install Brushes" and "How to install Fonts" in the original post, in the "Things to Know".

Next tutorial coming up today or tomorrow. It'll probably be the Angel Beats one that I'm currently using. If you have any requests for tutorials on any of my work found on my Photobucket album, go ahead and ask and I'll see if I can get it done.

Edit: Added Angel Beats! Signature tutorial.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by blankaex; 8th August 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Yeah, I know. Sorry about it before, lapse in judgment.

First name terms, Russ? Call me Hayden, then. If you want to lighten up the left side more, make a grunge layer in white on the left side, and set it to Overlay.
    I already had a white grunge layer under, but I accidentally had a dark layer under it so I removed it.

--

Gonna try the style you used for your Angel Beats one when my classes are over.

It should work well for the render you used in your current personal sig, since there are two guys in it.

It should work well for the render you used in your current personal sig, since there are two guys in it.
    When was Sarah a boy.. ?

--

Got stuck at the part w/ fractals and stuff so I improvised.

Last edited by CVS; 9th September 2011 at 05:19 AM.

I'll use "guys" as a generic term for people.

Yeah I got stuck with fractals when I first tried to use them. They're used almost exactly like C4Ds, though C4Ds are more for texture and things, and fractals are for lighting effects and the like.

Your sig this time is pretty good, but it looks like you skipped out on the Motion Blur again. F3. The white line through the center with the white patch in the middle helps draw attention to the focal, though. At the bottom, there's super dark colours, and suddenly, they become light as you go up. No transition. The grunge layer is probably the cause of that. Try to remove it or set it on Overlay or Soft Light and see how it works.

Also, still a bit big, dimension-wise. 200px height is sort of stretching it for most sigs. The maximum size for the weekly contests I enter is 500x170 if you were curious.

I'll use "guys" as a generic term for people.

Yeah I got stuck with fractals when I first tried to use them. They're used almost exactly like C4Ds, though C4Ds are more for texture and things, and fractals are for lighting effects and the like.

Your sig this time is pretty good, but it looks like you skipped out on the Motion Blur again. F3. The white line through the center with the white patch in the middle helps draw attention to the focal, though. At the bottom, there's super dark colours, and suddenly, they become light as you go up. No transition. The grunge layer is probably the cause of that. Try to remove it or set it on Overlay or Soft Light and see how it works.

Also, still a bit big, dimension-wise. 200px height is sort of stretching it for most sigs. The maximum size for the weekly contests I enter is 500x170 if you were curious.
    I actually didn't use the dup layers in the back. It made it look horrible. As soon as I take off the merged dup layer, it looked so much better. Yeah, I tried doing something with the bottom part, but nothing really worked. My grunge layer is already on overlay.

It's probably just me, but I just go by what size I see looks best. I hate having such nice renders smaller than they should really be because sometimes you just miss that tiny detail that makes the render look so much better than it really is.

--

fixed the dark bottom. couldn't really do anything about the sig being super bright, but it looks nice bright.

Quote Originally Posted by CVS View Post
    I love it
    by Cryopon

Yeah, this version looks much better. Can you upload the Photoshop/Gimp file so I can take a look at it?