Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blankaex's Gimp Tutorials

Hey guys! I just made a new tutorial. This time, it's for a typography styled sig. Anyways, let's get started!
    Last edited by blankaex; 8th August 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Amazing tuts, moremore~

Oh, someone started using them again.

First one looks pretty nice, followed the tutorial pretty well. Although I don't really like the outcome of the tutorial, I suppose it works nonetheless. And the second one is awesome. Love it. Even though I don't particularly like Shana, that sig is awesome.

Expect to see some new tutorials soon (as in like, a few weeks), in video version because I'm finally getting started on my project.

Icon11

I'd like to request a "how to render a character cleanly" tutorial plz :3.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Oh, someone started using them again.
    Expect to see some new tutorials soon (as in like, a few weeks), in video version because I'm finally getting started on my project.
    Looking forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    That was actually part of the plan. It was meant to come at a later date. Like, first I'd be starting with basic Gimp, explaining the tools and things. Then other things like, understanding layer blending modes and layers in general, and usage of C4Ds and Fractals after that. Rendering was meant to come out around the same time as things like the C4Ds and Fractals, so I guess I should get started soon.

Due to personal reasons, it looks like I don't need to make the tutorials for my project after all. In fact, I don't even need to do the project. I will, however, continue making tutorials in my spare time whenever I feel like it. As for the render tutorial..

I just did a render of this:

Spoiler!

And it turned out like this:

Spoiler!

If you guys are fine with renders of that low quality, I'll be glad to make a tutorial for how I did it, as well as the removal of stuff on the actual render (namely the writing and lines on her legs).

Spoiler!

Yes please, it would really help if you could show how you do your rendering. But at your free time, don't wanna impose on you when you should be busy with something else more important.

Render tutorial made. Enjoy. Also, tell me what you think.

Last edited by blankaex; 7th January 2012 at 05:08 AM.

The tutorial felt like a rendering tutorial that sidetracked explaining almost everything on the toolbar, instead of a simple rendering one lol. Great job explaining the tools and adding on that smudging part. I always get turned off whenever a watermark appears on something I wanted to render and lazy to find out how to fix it off.