Thread: Blankaex's Gimp Tutorials

Threaded View

Default Blankaex's Gimp Tutorials

Welcome to my Gimp Tutorial thread! In this thread, I'll be covering a bunch of tutorials for Gimp, mainly Sig Tutorials, for everyone to use. The amount of users (of these tutorials) will determine the frequency of them.

If there's anything you don't understand in any tutorials, please tell me and I'll try to explain it in more detail. Also, if you see anything incorrect (incorrect images, spelling/grammar mistakes, etc.), please tell me that too.

Also, after you follow any of the tutorials and make something, feel free to post the results here! I'd love to see your work, and if you want I can help with constructive criticism-esque things.

Gimp Basics: Necessary Knowledge

Spoiler!

CVS's Signature
    Level: Beginner

Hello everyone. This tutorial is designed to have enough detail for zero-knowledge Gimpers to be able to follow. If this is your first time using Gimp, I HIGHLY recommend you following it exactly, step-by-step, doing everything exactly the same.We'll be learning how to make this signature. I don’t remember the exact steps, but I had a look at the Gimp file, so we should end up with something similar, at the least.

Spoiler!

Angel Beats! Signature
    Level: Beginner-Intermediate

Like the previous sig, I don't remember all the steps exactly. That would be impossible. But I did take a look at the file like last time, and we should get something pretty similar. Please note that this tutorial is designed for those who have followed the first tutorial, as it does not use as much detail for some similar steps in the previous tutorial. If you don't understand anything, check the first tutorial or ask me.

Spoiler!

Typography Signature
    Level: Absolute Beginner

This should've been the first tutorial I made, since it's so goddamn easy to make, and the result is really nice as well. Anyways, this is what we're going to try to make now. I'm leaving out the flashy, red, blotchy parts in this tutorial because that's more advanced, and this is a beginner level tutorial. I also think that those patches of colour are ugly, but that's just me.

Spoiler!

I-Don't-Know-What-This-Render-Is Signature
    Level: Beginner

If someone knows who this is, please share. I'm too lazy to look it up. It says Vocaloid in the render title and URL, if that helps. I don't know any vocaloids that look like this though.

I'm pretty sure this is IA. Not 100% and it looks odd but most fanarts do.

Spoiler!

Shapeless Hanako Signature
    Level: Advanced

Don't let the difficulty scare you, I'm just ranking it at that because, well, it is. But that doesn't mean it's impossible - try your best! I had to restart five or six times before I got the final result that I actually like:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by blankaex; 18th September 2013 at 03:33 PM.