Thread: Level 135. Where to put my skill pints?

Icon1 Level 135 Ice/Lightning . Where to put my skill pints?

I am playing MapleSea, which is currently post-BB and pre-chaos.

I am Ice/Lightning and have maxed Buff Mastery & Chain Lightning. I have 1 point each in Blizzard, Maple Warrior, Blizzard & Heros' Will - mainly just to try them out (probably a waste of points, but it's done now).

I don't see much point in Blizzard, given the cool-down.

I have 5 points each in Ifrit and Ice Demon. Frankly, I am less than impressed by Ifrit. It always lags behind me, whcih is not much use with CL (or ID) as I like to clear a map from side to side, so it rarley gets a chance to attack (does it improve with more SP?).

A lots of guides would say Maple Warrior at thsi point, but 1) I prefer to solo than PT and 2) while it increases stats, my potential equips already do that (and, I suspect, much better). For instance, I have a bse INT of 586, but am getting another 362 from equips. Would MW really make a noticable difference, or can I defer it in favo(u)r of another skill?

If I do defer MW, then it seems a straight choice between Ice Demon and Infity (right?)? I am well funded with a pet feed me potions, and generally prefer offensive to defensive skills, so maybe I should be going with Ice Demon to give me an Ice skill to balance CL?

Any advice gratefully received ...
    Last edited by mawg; 11th September 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Well, this is what I did.
    Level 120: 1 Blizzard, 2 Maple Warrior
    Levels 121-126: 3 Maple Warrior
    Levels 127-135: 3 Blizzard
    Level 136: 2 Blizzard, 1 Chain Lightning
    Levels 137-145: 3 Chain Lightning
    Level 146: 2 Chain Lightning, 1 Ice Demon
    Basically after this, it’s you improvising. Ice Demon next is not a must but it depends on what you prefer. Also, skill points for the levels after this depend on your funding as well as your time.

Im pretty sure that you have to do Blizzard first or Chain lightning first. It dosent matter.

That's a horrible build. You should definitely get CL, big bang, and blizzard at level 120. After that go for CL until you got that max.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Do you actually have the money to get MW20 and MW30?
    Bathis - 13x Ice/Lightning Archmage
    Level 130 [X ] - Level 140 [ ] - 10K minimum range [ ] - 30% int from eq [ ]

Signature made by Blankaex

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by mawg View Post
    I am playing MapleSea, which is currently post-BB and pre-chaos.

I am Ice/Lightning and have maxed Buff Mastery & Chain Lightning. I have 1 point each in Blizzard, Maple Warrior, Blizzard & Heros' Will - mainly just to try them out (probably a waste of points, but it's done now).

I don't see much point in Blizzard, given the cool-down.

I have 5 points each in Ifrit and Ice Demon. Frankly, I am less than impressed by Ifrit. It always lags behind me, whcih is not much use with CL (or ID) as I like to clear a map from side to side, so it rarley gets a chance to attack (does it improve with more SP?).

A lots of guides would say Maple Warrior at thsi point, but 1) I prefer to solo than PT and 2) while it increases stats, my potential equips already do that (and, I suspect, much better). For instance, I have a bse INT of 586, but am getting another 362 from equips. Would MW really make a noticable difference, or can I defer it in favo(u)r of another skill?

If I do defer MW, then it seems a straight choice between Ice Demon and Infity (right?)? I am well funded with a pet feed me potions, and generally prefer offensive to defensive skills, so maybe I should be going with Ice Demon to give me an Ice skill to balance CL?

Any advice gratefully received ...

Sounds to me like you are on track. (ignore that idiotic post by ehw. That's a bad build even for pre-BB.)

MW does help a lot more than you think. Potential bonuses stack on top of MW bonuses.

I would choose between Ice Demon and MW. You may want to go with MW first since you will probably stop at lvl 19 with it. Max Ice demon either way. At your server's stage of development, it still causes mobs to become Ice Weak which is very valuable.

The two skills I recommend you avoid are Mana Reflect and Infinity. Infinity doesn't do enough good to justify the cooldown. After Chaos, it -sort of- does, but I still maxed it last. Mana Reflection is completely useless. Put one point into Big Bang while you are at it. It's a good 1-Point Wonder. Leave Blizz at 1 as well. Max out Demon, Ifrit/Elquines, and MW (19 or 29) before you work on the other skills.