View Poll Results: Should I Watch My Little Pony Friendship is Magic?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh gawd YES you should!

8 25.81%
  • You haven't watched it yet?

1 3.23%
  • Dae314 is hot

11 35.48%
  • You making this thread means we cannot be friends anymore

5 16.13%
  • NOOOOOO! don't join the bronies!!!

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post

I understand the social stigmas associated with this too, so I have planed to watch this only on nights when there is no moon in the darkest corner of the darkest closet in my apartment so nobody I know would ever need to know. I also understand that doing this will immediately make my gender preference questionable, but I believe that making this thread has already accomplished that.

So what's the verdict guys, Yes or No?
    You act like we all don't have guilty pleasures, If it's something you want to do, do it. It's a bit better than you think, but it's also not as good as everyone says.

The people who would berate you for trying something new, aren't worth your time anyway.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 25th September 2011 at 12:46 AM.

a dumbass baby

Watched one episode...

For five minutes.

The first sentence of what you quoted, WMA, wasn't serious :P. It's not like I'm going to go around with a pony on my shoulder either though.

i laughed pretty hard at some of the parts.
    the other parts were sailor moon-esque cheesy.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

What is this here for?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

i watch it for the faces and the singing

also sober pinkie pie
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

stop trying

i want to touch every inch of rainbow dash's succulent mane with my body

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    So I'm *considering* watching this... I figure that I can do season 2 (which is 2 episodes and actually has a plot...) and it wouldn't kill me. Or would it? That question is why I came here. I've seen the memes, I've heard semi-okish reviews about the show, and I understand that it's targeting grade school girls, but for some reason I just feel like watching this.

I looked at the episode listing, and I'm fairly sure that I would be tearing the hair from my head and banging my head on the desk if I tried to watch the main season, so I'm not even going to try watching that. S2 appears to have a really short, simple plot with a bad guy and a group of good guys who gather items of power (or just power) and go defeat the bad guy. Normal kids show plot line. I've watched Avatar the Last Airbender in full before, and it follows that story line so I'm hoping that I will be able to handle it without going crazy.

I understand the social stigmas associated with this too, so I have planed to watch this only on nights when there is no moon in the darkest corner of the darkest closet in my apartment so nobody I know would ever need to know. I also understand that doing this will immediately make my gender preference questionable, but I believe that making this thread has already accomplished that.

So what's the verdict guys, Yes or No?
    it's the type of show you watch for the charaters and the situations they get into.

think of like moe animes of cute girls do cute things.

i'd recommend you watch it, or at least try 5 episodes first before dropping it. the first season has no plot except for the first 2 episodes but that's about it.

you'll basically be falling in love with most/all of the ponies, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Spoiler!

My university library's open wall.
    what the eff is wrong with your school?

the worst thing ive seen at my school is in the library. it's a picture of a cat saying "can i haz chesburger?" and it says "no you can't hasn't chezburger. not in the library!" so you dont bring food in the library
    Last edited by zigkid3; 5th October 2011 at 01:54 AM.

Don't watch it it's boring.

Spoiler!

Who cares about the social stigma, it's mostly directed towards fanboys, and mostly those who are so self absorbed they have sexual ties with the characters. That said, those few ruined it for other regular fanboys, who now cry that they are being persecuted for their hate, but these people tend to be the ones who talk about the show wherever they go are and are so absorbed by it that no one knows if they're even human anymore. If you watch it and like it, who cares, just don't' go screaming it from the damn roof tops.
    Gone with the wind