• What ways is Paladin good?
    • Pro and Cons
    • AP builds
    • Skill builds
    • Places to train
    • UA system (Based on myself)

Introduction
    Warrior > Page >White knight > Paladin
    Paladins are basically warrior with huge defences literally. They also can exploit mob weakness with their elemental charges and with the bb update they can spam charge blow all they like until the charges are timed out. This guide will show the two types of build co-reliant and non co-reliant which I will update soon enough. I will 1st place the 1st - 3rd job skill builds.

What ways are Paladin good?
    1.They have threaten which decreases bosses attack ,defence and even accuracy by 30% which is quite a big deal in bossing which will be handy parties as you would not want your team mates dying do you?
    2. They have Combat order which increase skill lvl for a period of time in 3rd job, however the skill will not be able to surpass max lvl which are in 1st -3rd job advancement. Only in 4th job then does the skill surpass its skill lvl.
    3. They have amazingly good defence only if they uses a shield due to shield mastery in 3rd job(Shield mastery is one of the skill paladin have for great defence)
    4.In 3rd job only do they get hp restoration which when max recovers 80% hp for 40 mp with a 30 seconds cooldown.This skill will greatly boost your training as it will minimise pot usage and mostly paladins will only use hp pots in bosses or training on hard mobs.

Pros
    Spoiler!
    Cons
    Spoiler!

AP builds

1. Pure STR
      Just pump all AP into str. This is highly recommended as mostly all of the weapons and equips of warrior just need str but there are exceptions. With the new accuracy formula warriors do not need to really worry much about missing mobs.(Though we have to find some dex equips so we can equip the vonleon sword due to the need of dex but i think it will be pretty easy to find dex equipments)
    2. Low Dex
      Pump some AP into dex.
    3. Normal
      Just auto assign all the way.This is not really recomended unless u really want to equip the ribgol sword which requires dex.

1st job

The non-co-reliant build
    Spoiler!
    Co-reliant build
    Spoiler!

2nd job
    Congrats to those paladins to be reaching here. Well this is where the hard part is despite having only 1 new attacking skill only (for those non-co reliant),you will be using 1st job skill like till level 70.

Skill build
    FA=Final attack
    PG=Power Guard

Co-Reliant

Spoiler!

Non-Co reliant

Spoiler!

3rd Job
    Congrats to those who made it this far!

The non-co skill build
    Spoiler!

The co relient build No. 1
    Spoiler!

Training places
    Spoiler!

I will further update the places you can find this mobs at the next time i update again.

UA system
    In short, its just a normal adventurer,however it has KOC skills which lvl every time we gain 10 lvls(Max skill lvl is 5) and we start off at lvl 50.
    Warrior-Soul Driver
    Mage-Flame Gear
    Theif-Vampire
    Pirate-Shark wave
    Bowman-Wind Piercing
    How to get a UA
    Firstly, we will need a level 120 KOC(which have done its 4th job advancement).
    Then we will get a quest to hunt 10 peridots from harps(the blue one at Entrance to Sky nest).
    After that we will be able to create a UA.

This is all for now i will update this asap for the rest of the contents. 4th jobs will not be posted yet. It will be great if u could comment and help me improve on this guide!(I play MapleSea in eridanus,so if got anything to ask you can pm me at iiiSkyZ)
    Last edited by iiSkyX; 3rd October 2011 at 02:41 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm approving this for now since it does provide some relatively useful information. However, you do need to double check your grammar, spelling, and word choice.
    Also, in 3rd job, the skill distribution is wrong. There's no need for a paladin to fully max anything except Combat Orders and Charged Blow. Everything gets +2 boost from max CO, and 3rd job skills cannot go over max. Leaving every other skill two points below max gives you room to max everything and still have a bit left over.

Make sure to begin editing the grammar soon. I'll give it about a week before closing (you don't have to fully fix everything by then, just begin to make an effort).

Spoiler!

Dual charging is not really a "pro". No other class has more than one charge; the fact that we have more than one charge far outweighs the benefits gained through dual charging.

A misconception about Final Attack - it barely aids your training. I don't see many people regularly bossing at any particularly hard bosses as a Page (and succeeding). The 20 points you spend on FA in mid-second job will slow you down (as opposed to adding more PG or GS earlier).

I also question the practicality of your third job build. Think carefully about the relation between the skill order and training areas. You should be able to explain every transition (change to another skill) in that build and back it up with reference to training/partying/bossing.

Adding to what Tesi said, also use some more advanced formatting. Use different font sizes and colours, and some spoiler tags might neaten things up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I'm approving this for now since it does provide some relatively useful information. However, you do need to double check your grammar, spelling, and word choice.
    Also, in 3rd job, the skill distribution is wrong. There's no need for a paladin to fully max anything except Combat Orders and Charged Blow. Everything gets +2 boost from max CO, and 3rd job skills cannot go over max. Leaving every other skill two points below max gives you room to max everything and still have a bit left over.

Make sure to begin editing the grammar soon. I'll give it about a week before closing (you don't have to fully fix everything by then, just begin to make an effort).
    Well it is true but however this is the non-co relient build and i haven't done the co reliant build yet.But thanks for your comments i am now trying to amend the mistakes in the guide.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Dual charging is not really a "pro". No other class has more than one charge; the fact that we have more than one charge far outweighs the benefits gained through dual charging.

A misconception about Final Attack - it barely aids your training. I don't see many people regularly bossing at any particularly hard bosses as a Page (and succeeding). The 20 points you spend on FA in mid-second job will slow you down (as opposed to adding more PG or GS earlier).

I also question the practicality of your third job build. Think carefully about the relation between the skill order and training areas. You should be able to explain every transition (change to another skill) in that build and back it up with reference to training/partying/bossing.
    Thought it will not really aid in your training to yourself , no one would follow the guides 100% right? And PG does not do much but reflect 50% back, GS is not rlly needed in the non co-reliant build as it will be easily over taken in 3rd and 4th job once it comes.So why waste some points into GS when it will almost help in 2nd job only.FA is added as it will deal additional damage on a chance rate thought the chance rate may be low u still deal more damage which will not hinder the trainaing speed.I only created the guide in 1 hour so it would be better if u give me more time to update it please.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Okay i will try my best to make it more interesting
    Last edited by iiSkyX; 28th September 2011 at 04:29 PM.

I'm not trying to make you do this all immediately. Take your time to produce a quality guide, rather than rush to just put another guide out on the internet. All these comments are for you to look at when you're redoing particular sections. Also, if you need help with fourth job builds I can somewhat help (though after 130 there isn't much of a build).

Some people follow the guides 100% now because they can't seem to think for themselves, nor do they know the definition of 'guide'.

PG is not used for it's ability to reflect damage; it's used for it's ability to absorb damage and reduce knockback. The reduced knockback is the most beneficial thing about it in second job.
    Enhanced Basics is useless once you have a finish Charged Blow as well, so why add to that? That's the same reasoning you're applying to Ground Smash.
    Also, I'm not saying don't add to FA. Rather, I'd think it would be better if you left FA till a bit later.

A Paladin's defence is not derived mainly from Shield Mastery. Of all our defensive skills, Shield Mastery is the second or third least important, depending on the situation. In order of importance: Power Guard; Divine Shield; Threaten if tanking and bossing, Guardian if not; Achilles if the boss can 1/1, Shield Mastery if it can't; Iron Body. You need to stop comparing to just other warriors; Power Guard alone makes the defensive capabilities of other classes look like diddly-squat.

Pros of a Paladin:
    - Possibly the highest survivability in the game, due to large amounts of defence and defensive skills
    - Threaten increases damage for everyone, and reduces physical damage for everyone (note - only physical damage)
    - Ability to take advantage of elemental weaknesses
    - Combat Orders is a very sought-after party skill
    - Incredibly high mastery after ACB is maxed, and thus very stable damage.

Cons of a Paladin:
    - Lacks mobility compared to other non-warrior classes; only gaining some with Rush in fourth job
    - Has a lot of buffs (A LOT OF BUFFS)

That's just off the top of my head. There are a few more cons, but there aren't many that I know of. Maybe someone that isn't a Paladin could help; I'm being quite biased, though I try not to be. I've also left of some of the advantages, because I could make this very unbalanced.

From what I can see the guide still needs a bit of aesthetic work; spoilers are incredibly overused, especially in the "training locations" section where they're totally unnecessary.

Please note that a guide is a set of guidelines based on one's own experience with the class. It is NOT a little booklet every single person should follow if they are playing that class. If you believe this guide is so "wrong" on the pros/cons, then feel free to make your own guide, not nag and tell the OP s/he is wrong.

If the guide was really that bad it wouldn't have been approved in the first place.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I'm naggy because of a few years of people not understanding the class and throwing random thoughts around. I'd rather not have a new wave of paladins who don't understand their class, and as a result spread incorrect ideas (even if I don't play MSEA). Especially after the UA paladin wave came about ("lol CB and ACB are both useless because we have SD").

Also, I disagree that a guide is based on the person's experience with the class (to an extent; it doesn't say 'solely', so I kinda get what you're saying). People tend to have very limited experiences; to test out every skill build and training area would be to remake the class constantly, or go crazy in Tespia or other servers. I would have thought the aim was objectivity on the writer's behalf and subjectivity on the reader's behalf.
    The writer needs to know their class well enough. If I ask why, can they answer satisfactorily? Can they provide a reason for their choices, with as little flaws as possible? If the writer has done something and it has worked, how do they know there isn't a better way of doing things? For a holistic guide, one's own experiences must be tested against those of others, and a conclusion sought. Otherwise, this is simply a recount with reasons - a guide, yes, but a limited one.

It's not a bad guide, considering his/her aim was to "show the two types of build co-reliant and non co-reliant", but I have much higher standards when it comes to my own class. And yes, I will stop nagging (and posting here, if I can't help myself). And yes, I will make my own guide when time permits.