Thread: Cleric changes post Ascention.

Default Cleric changes post Ascention.

A friend of mine wants to know if you build a cleric any different after Ascension having all the skill changes and such. They plan to be a soloer till they get to a decent level for LHC.

Plan to be a soloer = don't make a cleric.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Plan to be a soloer = don't make a cleric.
    I really need to learn to phrase things better, he plans to solo when he can't find a party and if heal spamming is still the "best" thing to do at like scarecrows?

Not many 2nd job skills, if any at all, would out-range heal at scarecrows, from what I remember. Unless heal's range was nerfed, spamming it on the 2nd platform of scarecrows should be fine. You won't be in a party with anyone seriously until 80+ and you get max HS anyways. Holy arrow's useless, so just use magic claw against non-undead targets, which you shouldn't really be training on anyways.

At 3rd job, put 1 on Shining Ray for an attack skill, then max HS first to be able to find parties. Then I think you could add some more points into Shining Ray to attack as well. And throw something into teleport mastery, too. Not sure how much stuff works after Ascension, but that should be alright.

Thunder God

of note - the cap of 110% experience when using HS solo is gone in Ascension. A solo priest will get 150% Exp.

Spell Booster and Holy Magic Shell were added to Priests in the Ascension patch.
    Both are important skills and should be maxed. Spell Booster accelerates your attack, and Holy Magic Shell is basically free godmode.