Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need of more mods

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Completely honestly, DDrgn is the ONLY one I see fit to be a moderator at the moment. I mean, others can qualify, but DD hasn't even had a Hot Sands thread, and everybody likes him/her/it. Tesi would be okay, but I still think DD is best fitted.

Just throwin' that out there.
    Alright this is Turles decision alone but the "only" part I find offensive to quite a few members. The community is surprisingly littered with amazing members and I can see a dozen people who're able to fill this position extremely well. Fail, Omar, Tesi, Kitty, Penguinz, CLL, Merc, Clockwork, Emailee, DD, Watashi, Negi, Intraining, Supalime etc. The idea that no one else is "fit" isn't factual as this forum is mostly populated with logical members. The only thing we have to worry about is inactivity.

A vote among peers and then a pow wow between Clem and whichever admins are around (probably just Clem and myself). We'd like to know who you all feel is most fit, although we already have our own ideas. I'll get the vote thread up sometime this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathis View Post
    Forum moderation should never be democratic, Turles should just pick whoever he thinks is most qualified.
    It seems like it's democratic in the sense of electing an US president.
    The people don't choose directly, but help influence it.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Mike and Sam and Jon and rasu and clock are the most fit, seeing that they are on every day.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

This might be a bit too late, but what about one new mod for each section (or at least a Maple-section specific mod)?

Derailed threads, drama posts, and trolling tend to be cleaned up pretty quickly in Tomato Island, but other than reported adbots, it seems most Maple threads sit. Granted, not many long-term users go to the Maple section, but it is​ the major draw of the forum.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    This might be a bit too late, but what about one new mod for each section (or at least a Maple-section specific mod)?

Derailed threads, drama posts, and trolling tend to be cleaned up pretty quickly in Tomato Island, but other than reported adbots, it seems most Maple threads sit. Granted, not many long-term users go to the Maple section, but it is​ the major draw of the forum.
    +1
    Would be pretty nice to have an active maple mod.
    Even if I don't play maple anymore.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    This seems like the best idea. On another forum I visit they do the "segmented moderation" system. It works very well and lets the moderators focus just on their section so they're not running all over the place.
    However ban power would ultimately have to end up with supermods and up unless vB has fancy permission settings.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Well, seeing how adbots are a big problem, what about just two new super mods, each dedicated to a different area of the forum?

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    Alright this is Turles decision alone but the "only" part I find offensive to quite a few members. The community is surprisingly littered with amazing members and I can see a dozen people who're able to fill this position extremely well. Fail, Omar, Tesi, Kitty, Penguinz, CLL, Merc, Clockwork, Emailee, DD, Watashi, Negi, Intraining, Supalime etc. The idea that no one else is "fit" isn't factual as this forum is mostly populated with logical members. The only thing we have to worry about is inactivity.
    I didn't mean it like they all suck. I meant, DD is perfect, and nobody dislikes him. In my post, I said "others can qualify", which I meant others are qualified for the position, but I meant DD is perfect. He's semi-active, (No less than Turles) and is nice, and logical. I didn't mean to offend any members.

As long as people hit the "Report post" button, moderator/admins will (eventually) respond to the thread-in-question.

F50 was the "techie" mod, but he could still do stuff everywhere else if needed.