Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help with some skills.

and while you use that skill, you lose HP on the way. I hate losing HP points

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

When done correctly, you're not always losing HP. Teleport through the mobs, not directly into them. As a priest it should be of no consequence anyway. To effectively train, you should be actively moving about the map (teleport). Level 1 telemastery allows you to damage mobs while doing something already standard; it's not meant to be used as your only skill. Unless you do not want monsters aggroed or stunned, tele-mastery should be on. It's an incredibly useful tool and makes Priest training more tolerable.

Beyond that, even just 1 point into the skill makes it very effective. It does not have a set duration, but instead acts as a toggle skill. A priest above lvl 80 with no telemastery is a priest who messed up.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    When done correctly, you're not always losing HP. Teleport through the mobs, not directly into them. As a priest it should be of no consequence anyway. To effectively train, you should be actively moving about the map (teleport). Level 1 telemastery allows you to damage mobs while doing something already standard; it's not meant to be used as your only skill. Unless you do not want monsters aggroed or stunned, tele-mastery should be on. It's an incredibly useful tool and makes Priest training more tolerable.

Beyond that, even just 1 point into the skill makes it very effective. It does not have a set duration, but instead acts as a toggle skill. A priest above lvl 80 with no telemastery is a priest who messed up.
    Or one where the MP3 party demands I stand on the SUV only and spamm SR, also I didn't need it in Chimney either, I was moving but it was basically tele to safe spot, tele to pipes on middle plat heal, tele up to not touch mobs on top platform, tele to far left platform, then fall down to safe spot basically the only time I would take damage from mobs is when I didn't get the tele to the pipes on the middle 100% accurately. That is why I feel tele mastery wasn't worth its 1 point because I rarely ever passed through mobs.

Same zodiac, but i find heal more appropriate efficient because it heals other party members. Whenever i'm there i always have a party because of bless and HS
    Last edited by kaglover1; 6th October 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    Or one where the MP3 party demands I stand on the SUV only and spamm SR, also I didn't need it in Chimney either, I was moving but it was basically tele to safe spot, tele to pipes on middle plat heal, tele up to not touch mobs on top platform, tele to far left platform, then fall down to safe spot basically the only time I would take damage from mobs is when I didn't get the tele to the pipes on the middle 100% accurately. That is why I feel tele mastery wasn't worth its 1 point because I rarely ever passed through mobs.
    It's still worth the 1 point, especially during the Jester scenario. You simply wouldn't be training that way with Telemastery. Learn to incorporate the new skills into your training, not ignore them.

Spoiler!

Extra damage for free. Why say no?

I'm going to argue against Magic Booster and opt for maxing Doom.

Reason:
    With Buff Mastery in fourth job, a Bishop's ability to see if party members still have buffs on (notably HS, since it has the shortest duration) is diminished. Leaving Magic Booster at 12 and having max Buff Mastery makes Booster last for 180 seconds, which is how long HS lasts for for everyone else.

The only problem with that is I don't know when Bishops max Buff Mastery, so I'm not really confident with my own argument. And I suppose Bishops could just estimate the two-third mark if they had Buff Mastery...

Damn, I'm confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    It's still worth the 1 point, especially during the Jester scenario. You simply wouldn't be training that way with Telemastery. Learn to incorporate the new skills into your training, not ignore them.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this isn't WoW, every skill isn't always useful for all situations, and I found the way I train at jesters pretty efficient gaining roughly 2 lvls (90 to 92) in about 45 minutes without a partner to take full usefulness of HS. I personally think actually using telemastery to say gather mobs on the bottom floor to actually be slower because of the stun causing the group to be slower to gather.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    I'm going to argue against Magic Booster and opt for maxing Doom.

Reason:
    With Buff Mastery in fourth job, a Bishop's ability to see if party members still have buffs on (notably HS, since it has the shortest duration) is diminished. Leaving Magic Booster at 12 and having max Buff Mastery makes Booster last for 180 seconds, which is how long HS lasts for for everyone else.

The only problem with that is I don't know when Bishops max Buff Mastery, so I'm not really confident with my own argument. And I suppose Bishops could just estimate the two-third mark if they had Buff Mastery...

Damn, I'm confused now.
    Buff Mastery is now toggle and the magic attack gain is passive. If bishops are worried about this, they just don't toggle BM on.

Edit about TM:
    If we were talking about the full 10 points, I'd fully agree with you. However, in my personal experience, 1 point is more than worthwhile if you learn to use it correctly.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 7th October 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Spoiler!

Since I'm drawing close to 110 (about to ding 100,) when I go to LHC at 110 will I actually be able to survive Crocky hits to get to a safespot or am I going to get 1-shotted even with MG on?

Secondly, how long/difficult is it to get the Alcaster (I think I spelled his name right) shop open that has magic rocks/summoning stones.