Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wyatt's "Art" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    from a photographer's standpoint, it's also boring

I mean, there really is no use in it. There is no entertainment value in it. Also, it is another big juxtaposition that doesn't fit. It seems that you just took something relatively new (past 20 years) and made it look like an old picture and then called it art.
    With the speed of technology the way it is today, it makes older things "obsolete"The meaning of the photo, is to give the viewer a sense of "old" to the Gameboy, as if it were from centuries ago.

it's too much of a stretch
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

it's too much of a stretch
    I suppose it is.. Was fun to make nonetheless.

If the original artists requests that you ask before editing, you should honor it.
    That's what Lex and I are trying to ask for. Sure it's the internet but that doesn't mean you should forget about common courtesy, especially when both of us are right here on HS.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

:|
    lacking photographic sense tbh...
    photography is about how well you can position yourself and the camera to take pictures that are natural but profound.

not about how well/badly you can edit it with pshop..

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    :|
    lacking photographic sense tbh...
    photography is about how well you can position yourself and the camera to take pictures that are natural but profound.

not about how well/badly you can edit it with pshop..
    I'll try to get better. I just got a good 12 megapixel camera last month. Was on sale for $99. Taking some awesome pictures in the woods near my house. These are just edits. Thanks for the opinions though!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The concept of showing rapid technological progress and the discarded remnants is good, but there needs to be something more to effectively convey that idea. I don't know about others, but I personally think photo-editing (working solely with the photo at least) should enhance a picture, not define it. Tools are only going to get you so far. I could have the greatest camera in the world and edit my photos with the greatest software, but unless I effectively use those tools, the result will be crap.

Study successful photographers and artists. Understand how they use things like lighting, balance, subject matter, and positioning to convey their ideas. Would the unedited "gameboy" picture give the same message? If not, how can you make it do so?

Spoiler!

Both pictures look the same. You should've tried something different for each.

1. Megapixels is not a measure of quality, only a measure of picture size. My Nikon D40 DSLR (6mp) will take much better pictures than 99% of all point and shoot cameras (that 1% being the Leica X100 and Fujifilm X1)

2. RULE OF THIDS :3

if you ever want to discuss photography, I am an award winning photographer who just got his first client last weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

>rule of thids
    but yeah, rule of thirds.
    it can be a ****ty picture, but it'll still look really ****ing nice.

bolt202/veil225/feint200