Thread: Wyatt's "Art" thread.

Hybrid View

Default Wyatt's "Art" thread.

I guess it was only a matter of time. I'm not going to be using Flash, or Photoshop, and I don't draw. Rather, I create. I edit and make photos. Here's my first:

Old Audi R8
    Spoiler!

Using the "Old Photo", HSL noise, and blurs, sharpness, brightness and contrast, etc. i made this. Does it look old?

Feel free to edit and re-post anything you'd like, no questions asked!

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

The Gameboy!
    Spoiler!

It'd be pretty difficult to edit an already edited image. Maybe you should post the image before it was edited, and then the result after so we can have something to compare with, and also for people who want to give editing a shot as well?

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    It'd be pretty difficult to edit an already edited image. Maybe you should post the image before it was edited, and then the result after so we can have something to compare with, and also for people who want to give editing a shot as well?
    I said what I said mainly because Pkirby and Fail got mad when I edited their pics. So I'm stating that, unlike them, I am not bothered by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    I said what I said mainly because Pkirby and Fail got mad when I edited their pics. So I'm stating that, unlike them, I am not bothered by it.
    It's not the fact you edited them it was the fact you did it without asking permission to do so.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    It's not the fact you edited them it was the fact you did it without asking permission to do so.
    Which is why I am not requesting permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Which is why I am not requesting permission.
    To edit our pics you mean?
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The concept of showing rapid technological progress and the discarded remnants is good, but there needs to be something more to effectively convey that idea. I don't know about others, but I personally think photo-editing (working solely with the photo at least) should enhance a picture, not define it. Tools are only going to get you so far. I could have the greatest camera in the world and edit my photos with the greatest software, but unless I effectively use those tools, the result will be crap.

Study successful photographers and artists. Understand how they use things like lighting, balance, subject matter, and positioning to convey their ideas. Would the unedited "gameboy" picture give the same message? If not, how can you make it do so?

Spoiler!

Both pictures look the same. You should've tried something different for each.

1. Megapixels is not a measure of quality, only a measure of picture size. My Nikon D40 DSLR (6mp) will take much better pictures than 99% of all point and shoot cameras (that 1% being the Leica X100 and Fujifilm X1)

2. RULE OF THIDS :3

if you ever want to discuss photography, I am an award winning photographer who just got his first client last weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

>rule of thids
    but yeah, rule of thirds.
    it can be a ****ty picture, but it'll still look really ****ing nice.

bolt202/veil225/feint200