Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Ascension Party Quest Revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Jagador View Post
    What he means is, when the party enters the obstacle stage, it had a tendency to disconnect the whole party, if not, a few members all the time. However, now that nexon has done its updates, it is much rarer to see people disconnect, and more often full parties succeed the party quest

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Regarding the Escape PQ, the one for LHC,

First stage: Jump up to the top portal and enter while avoiding the obstacles. (only one member needs to reach the top)

Second Stage: Kill Castle Golems and Vultures. (The Vultures fly)

Third Stage: Navigate through the portal maze to find the entrance to the next stage. There are blood reindeers there to obstruct and damage you on your way. A blue message letting everyone know when someone has found the portal to the next stage (The portal will be on the bottom right) (Only one person needs to find and enter, the whole party will move as well.

Fourth stage: Clear all monsters

Fifth stage: Yet another jumping one, same as first stage

Sixth Stage: Kill Prison guard Boars and Rhinos to find Keys to open the Cellar doors. (The doors and chests will have a CLICK above them, anyone can grab a key and open it) (There are chests, which upon opening either spew out a key, or spawn more rhinos and boars)

Seventh Stage: Boss Stage, kill ani
    For the third stage, you need to get to room six (there are six rooms). You need to be in room 5 to get to room six.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagg View Post
    Saigo, do you prefer having database images in the guides or screenshots?

i.e. "You must defeat 100 Green Snails"
    You would either have a picture of the green snail above the line or an screenshot of a party actually killing the 100 green snails?

Just wondering before I add the next few pqs o3o
    Actually I think actual screenshots of the party killing the 100 Green Snails would be great, but otherwise, where the screenshots are not available, I can use images from the database too. :)

Quick update: Will add escape pq to the original post as an In Progress - Rough Draft, Rough draft of Drpq is up (will upload and link images as well as fill in red areas later today), and some changes have been made to Hob Pq (working on images of the jump quest and ancient glacial water).

Quote Originally Posted by tsunamisurfer08 View Post
    I can help with either Orbis (Tower of Goddess), Magatia (Romeo and Juliet) or Kerning (First Time Together) if it's still needed. Just let me know what you need.
    Kerning or Magatia would be a great help, I do have Magatia pictures that I could lend if needed but feel free to take your own pictures. When writing the guide, try to be as thorough as possible =3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    Actually I think actual screenshots of the party killing the 100 Green Snails would be great, but otherwise, where the screenshots are not available, I can use images from the database too. :)
    will do
    Last edited by Tagg; 16th October 2011 at 06:45 PM.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

Okay, let's see if I do this right.

Romeo and Juliet (Formerly Magatia PQ)
    Party members needed: 4
    Recommended level: 70-119
    Trait exp for completion:
    Willpower+29
    Empathy+17
    Using the Dimensional Mirror will take you to a room with Juliet. If you take the portal in the bottom right of this room, you will enter a similar room with Romeo in it. No matter who you start the Party Quest with, it is exactly the same. Only difference is the reward. Juliet will give you an Alcadno Marble. Romeo hands you a Zemunist Marble.

Earn 20 Zemunist Marbles to get Romeo's Pendant. It has +6 to all stats, 85 weapon defense, 85 magic defense, 30 accuracy, and 30 avoid.
    20 Alcadno Marbles will get you Juliet's Pendant with identical stats.

After you recieve both pendants, talk to either Romeo or Juliet to trade them both in, and get a Symbol of Eternal Love.
    Spoiler!

Stage One:
    Nothing here has changed. Click the books, or use the NPC chat key, while standing near them to inspect them. You may find either 500 mesos, 500 exp, a letter, or a switch. The letter is not required to complete the PQ, but is required to fight Angry Frankenroid, a harder version of the final boss. When the switch is discovered, press it to open a portal and clear the stage.
    Spoiler!

One thing worth noting, is that spots that can be examined now sparkle slightly when standing near them.

Stage Two:
    Kill all the enemies on the map. There are 45 total, and a counter near the top of the screen will let you know how many are left as soon as one is killed. A door will appear when the last enemy falls.
    Spoiler!

Stage Three:
    Kill the Homunculus enemies. They will drop an etc item called Mysterious Liquid. Use those items to fill the three large beakers. The beakers have leaks in them. Taking too long to fill them will cause them to drain. Once a beaker is full it will no longer leak. As soon as the third one is filled, the stage will clear and the enemies will disappear, revealing the portal to the next stage.
    Spoiler!

You no longer have to drop the items on the beaker to fill it. Simply click the beaker. Standing near it to click is not required either. You may still hold only one Mysterious Liquid at a time.

Stage Four:
    Spoiler!

Defeat the Neo Huroids. They will drop card keys needed to open the doors on the left and right of the map.
    Spoiler!

The keys no longer have to be dropped. Standing near the door and clicking it will unlock it. Once the door is open, it stays that way. Extra keys are no longer needed to unlock the door again after someone enters. Each room contains files needed to clear the stage. Once the files are recovered, hand them to Romeo or Juliet(Based on who you started the quest with. I used Juliet for the purpose of this walkthrough.).
    Spoiler!

If you obtained the letter in Stage One, and wish to fight Angry Frankenroid, hand it to Juliet. You'll get a notice in the chat box explaining her reaction. If you did not get the letter, or simply do not want to fight Angry Frankenroid, don't give it to her.
    Inside of left room:
    Spoiler!

Inside of right room:
    Spoiler!

Mages and thieves are no longer required. It's simply a small jump quest in each room. Movement skills are disabled.

Stage Five:
    Spoiler!

After giving her the letter, have the party leader enter the room that opens up near Juliet alone. Edge forward until right about where I am in the picture, and click Yulete.
    Spoiler!

You and your party members waiting outside will receive a message about Yulete's ramblings. Then it is clear for everyone to enter the room.
    Defeat all the monsters Yulete summons. After that, examine the book to find a switch. Press it to access the next stage.

Stage Six:
    Spoiler!

You are placed in a hall with 4 passages. Each party member must take one and two people cannot enter the same room.
    Spoiler!

You must find the correct platforms to teleport upwards. There are only five platforms now to find.
    Spoiler!

As soon as one person reaches the top of their respective set and enters the door the stage is cleared and your party is transported into the next room.

Final Stage:
    Enter the door at the end of the hall to find the last room of the quest.
    Spoiler!

You'll notice Romeo has collapsed and is laying on the top platform. Neo Huroids will attack him while the boss is summoned, and continue to attack until it is killed. Someone with a stun or knockback skill can be used to protect him. Talk to Yulete to get him to summon Frankenroid and initiate the boss battle.
    Spoiler!

If you gave Juliet the letter in Stage Four and heard Yulete's mumblings in Stage Five, you may choose one of two options when you talk to Yulete before the boss fight. Choose the bottom option. Doing so will unlock more quests in Magatia.
    Spoiler!

After Frankenroid has been defeated, talk to the NPC used to start the party quest. He/she will transport you out of the PQ.
    Spoiler!

In the next room, one of two things can happen. If you did the requirements to fight Angry Frankenroid, and chose the bottom option in the conversation right before the boss, Yulete will have regained his senses, and decided to help Magatia.
    Spoiler!

If you fought the standard Frankenroid, or chose the top option in that conversation, you find Yulete collapsed in this room. As far as I know this has no negative bearing on the exp or trait rewards.

You'll then be moved to another room with Romeo and Juliet, receive your prize, and return to the main room.

Small edit: Romeo's and Juliet's Pendants give +60 Charm. The necklaces themselves do not state this however.
    Last edited by tsunamisurfer08; 19th October 2011 at 11:40 AM.

Love everyone, trust only a few, and do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    For the third stage, you need to get to room six (there are six rooms). You need to be in room 5 to get to room six.
    The map does not tell you what room you are in, and there are only 4 portals with off branch rooms. It is basically a miniature maze

thanks tsunamisurfer08,

Spoiler!

__
    Edit: Mpq is currently being proof read and edited.
    Drpq and Hob PQ are both awaiting approval.
    Last edited by Tagg; 19th October 2011 at 08:24 AM.
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

Place it in whatever format you feel may be necessary. I just tried to make it easier to read. I'll try to get Kerning PQ written out in the next day or two. Been really busy and haven't had a chance to toy with it.

Love everyone, trust only a few, and do wrong to none. -William Shakespeare

No worries tsunami, I got kpq covered xD I'd really appreciate it if you could confirm the information we have on Dojo and check up on anything we have missing. I think the current Dojo guide on the site is fairly accurate and we can just use that as a base. Just got home and will be finishing up some editing =3.

Magatia pq update

Spoiler!

I might go back to the numbering system. Have any specific comments you'd like to make tsunami? I ended up restructuring some parts, adding my own knowledge, and editing pieces of it. xD I'll mainly be using your images, though, along with some of mine that don't have people in it =3.

Also, I like the way you structured the first page and I think we should do all of them like that =P
    Last edited by Tagg; 20th October 2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Maplestory Goals

So I thought I had posted a message yesterday, but that must've not gone through. Just wanted to let you know Tagg, that I'd be really busy till the mid of next week, so I'll have to put on hold updating the PQs till then. But keep up the good work!