Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Ascension Party Quest Revamp

Default Post-Ascension Party Quest Revamp

Introduction
    Spoiler!

How you can help
    Spoiler!

Feel free to suggest edits, replacements or add anything that's missing (highlighted in red)

Current Progress
    Spoiler!

Feel free to add any others that may have been removed or are not listed above.
    [/spoiler]

I currently have screenshots of Henesys, Ellin Forest, Dragon Rider, and Ludi as well as some screenshots of Magatia. I'm planning on gathering a few more of each now that i've actually gone through and rewritten a party quest. Just a note o3o.

---------- Guide Updates Below ---------- New Mechanics Below ----------

Here is a proposed change to the Henesys Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Ludibrium Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Kenta Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Hoblin Party Quest
    Approved
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Dragon Rider Party Quest
    Approved
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Magatia Party Quest
    In progress - Second Draft

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Orbis Party Quest
    In progress - Awaiting Approval

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Kerning Party Quest
    In progress - Awaiting Approval

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Escape Party Quest
    In progress - Rough Draft
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Ellin Forest Party Quest
    In progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Dojo
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Cpq
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Monster Park
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Mechanic Changes

Spoiler!

- The average level of the party members will determine the level and exp received from monsters in pqs. (Level will not exceed recommended levels)
    - The experience rewarded for finishing a pq is now dependent on the average level of the party. (Members that are 20 levels lower than the average will not receive full exp)
    - All pq reward items come with potential*
    - You can only enter a specific pq 10 times per day.

*I did not receive potential for the 10 moon cake hat.

Archive
    Spoiler!

Thank you to the following players for their contributions
    - VividSkyway
    - daisukidesun
    - DlpShl7
    - Jagador
    - tsunamisurfer08
    Last edited by Tagg; 26th March 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks for your efforts Tagg, I greatly appreciate it. I'll start rolling off these updates based on what you mentioned, and if you don't mind, after I've done updating, I'll edit your post and indicate in blue or some other colour what has been updated.

I'll also edit the title of this thread to better reflect your intentions.

Alright, I updated Henesys Party Quest with missing information as well as some screen shots for the missing item in the database. (Not sure if you want to add the monsters from hp in as well? I have no clue what their hp/mp is =\).

The colors will represent the party quests that have been updated in the database (the guides themselves, not the names). Also, I'm not sure if you should replace the old names with the new names or just keep them as their old shortcuts (i.e. Henesys pq v. Moon Bunny).

Anyone wanna proof read? ;D Or maybe contribute or help me test experience level tiers? o-o

Working on typing up the Ludi Party Quest
    Last edited by Tagg; 7th October 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Ultimate PQ prizes will always have potential. Confirmed in patch notes. Although, I think they require the previous reward (Rice Cake Topper should require A Rice Cake On Top Of My Head and the 100 pieces).

Dojo isn't up to date; I think it's still at a pre-Chaos stage.
    - Upon killing the final boss of each level, and increasing number of Willpower is given, starting at 3, 6... (the pattern doesn't necessarily continue, so I've only put in the first two values. Have yet to solo Mu Gong).
    - Energy Bar is charged by taking damage (not hits - larger numbers increase the bar faster). Each skill can only be used once per stage.

Other than that (which was from memory), I probably can't test anything in game. If I can, I'll find out what experience is given for 120+ characters.

And I don't recall Monster Carnival being changed at all for Ascension.
    For obvious reasons, you will want to have the maximum number of party members for the selected Carnival Field, although it's not necessarily required.
    That line doesn't reflect the current context of the PQ.
    The experience has also changed, and winning/losing now determines the amount of Willpower you gain.
    A rank lose = 10 Willpower
    A rank win = 30 Willpower
    It's hard to test out the other ranks, because it's now too easy to get 500 points, and hard to find other people to PQ with.

I have no idea about MC2, since no one does it.

And you forgot Monster Park. All monsters are classified Boss Monsters, mobs dependent on level, three types of tickets, ticket pieces, coins, prize, 3 times a day, etc. Not sure what the minimum requirement is. Once a person picks up a coin everyone in the map gets a coin. New quests. Yeah. I've forgotten the rest.

I'll try to get something about Amoria and the 120+ PQs done, but that will have to wait until next month (after I finish high school).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexon
    A system has been added where the party members' average level determines the non-boss monsters' stats and EXP (however, it will not exceed the PQ's maximum recommended level).
    A system has been added where the amount of EXP received upon clearing the PQ is based on the average level of the party members (however, a party member whose level is lower than the average party level by 20 or more will not obtain all of the Clear EXP).
    All PQ reward items are set as potential items by default.
    Last edited by DlPSHl7; 8th October 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks again for the info guys, keep 'em coming!

Tagg: I've updated the Henesys/Moon Bunny PQ again with the new information, as well as that missing EQ.

As for the link on the sidebar, I'm not sure whether it's better to keep it with its old name "Henesys", or change it to Moon Bunny to reflect its new name. Granted I kinda prefer the former. If anyone else has any thoughts about this, feel free to post here!

Reorganized the thread a bit. Thanks for the help dlp =P Added your information in.

Saigo: Feel free to change the status next to the pqs to "Approved" If you've made any changes =P I know it can be hard to find in the clutter of text and BB coding x_x. Also, the Rice Cake Hat should have a requirement of "10 cakes" rather than "20 cakes". I'll also retype the henesys/moon bunny one again with the information about the levels and experience.

DlP: I don't think there are any prerequisites to the potentialed pq items. I got the 100 cake hat from hpq before i got the 10 cake one and it came with potential. Also something to note, the 10 cake hat did not come with potential. Maybe it's only the ultimate prize?

I'm not sure about the naming xD I mean, a lot of the veteran players know them by their older names but newer players don't really do these pqs so they could get confused with "Henesys Pq" when they're looking at the dimensional mirror. I do prefer the older names though =x

Edit: Ludi Pq has been submitted for consideration.
    Last edited by Tagg; 8th October 2011 at 06:08 PM.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

Oh yes, my mistake. Some of the ultimate items have pre-requisites (OPQ, PPQ and HobPQ items), but the majority of them don't. And I can confirm that all the ultimate prizes will have potential, unless Nexon's glitched that too.

Dojo
    In order of stages, these are the Willpower bonuses:
    3, 6, 9, 12 ,15, 18, 20
    I can confirm all but the last, since I asked one of my friends about that. That means I can provide screenshots for all but Mu Gong, and I'll probably censor out my name. If my guild revives itself, we may be able to take out Mu Gong (and I'll still censor my name). Might also censor out the guild name, since it's not HS.
    Also, the bit about the energy bar. It's a bit hard to prove that, since I'd need to upload two videos (one of my Paladin and one of my brother's bishop) so the bar can be compared as we both stand on a certain boss. Screenshots can't prove it.

A note about combinations in PQs
    For combinations stages with the puppy and the hint, the hint refers to the first number in the combination. Whether or not this still applies (is there even a hint anymore?) can't be confirmed by me, but that's what happened before Ascension.
    So if the hint was on 3, the combination cannot include 1 or 2.

Monster Park
    - You can go into Monster Park 10 times a day. Talk to the Jeep thing *Insert name and pic* in every town to gain access to Monster Park. You will be moved to a different channel, but not necessarily the one it states at the bottom (because it occasionally glitches. Not that important; I don't think it needs to be included).
    - Minimum level requirement is 13.
    - Monster Park is a party play area. It is thus recommended to have a full party to take advantage of this.
    - There are three types of tickets, *Insert ticket names and level bracket*. You can buy these tickets from Mary three times a day *Include prices*. You may also exchange 20 of the same ticket pieces for the corresponding ticket.
    - Ticket pieces drop from all monsters excluding NLC and World Tour exclusive mobs (so the Jr. Yetis in NLC would still drop it) according to their level.
    - All mobs within Monster Park are classified "boss" and have greater HP than normal mobs, and thus cannot be sealed, stunned, frozen or 1HKO'ed. However, mobs inside the PQ have a higher drop rate for items and potential'd items.
    - All mobs have the potential to drop coins. When a coin is picked up, all party members in the map will gain a coin.
    This next one I'm unsure about.
    - The party leader chooses the dungeon.
    All I can say with confidence is that there are multiple areas and multiple monsters, and that the monsters will change according to area and level. What I mean by area: if the background resembles El Nath (and eventually Dead Mine), you will get El Nath and Dead Mine monsters (Werewolves, Lycanthropes...Bain/Cerebes).
    - Party members simply kill and move on. There's nothing else to it, besides not dying and meeting the time limit (of something or rather).
    - There are new quests and new rewards. Could be linked, but I don't know them all.

No pics for these (except two). Needs to be reworded as well.
    Kenta's PQ (what's its name?)
    Before the PQ
    It is recommended that you bring All Cures and/or have a Bishop in your party, as the final bosses can cast 1/1, dispel and Seal.

Stage 1
    - Kill all mobs. Swim to the top of the map to find the portal. Anyone can enter once the stage is clear to move the whole party to the next stage.

Stage 2
    - Kill the Sharks and Cold Sharks to make them drop Air Bubbles. Anyone can pick up the air bubbles. 20 required to clear the stage.

Stage 3
    - Have the party leader talk to Kenta. He will give you everyone buff that lasts for 3 minutes - this is how long you must protect him for (him? her?). Simply kill the mobs, or lure them away for three minutes without letting Kenta die.

Stage 4
    - Boss fight. Left and Right Pianus will spawn at the same time. Can 1/1, Dispel, seal, lazors, and summon Blood Booms. Will drop a Pianus Scale each. Everyone who is in the map and alive will get the scale once it is picked up. Talk to Kenta to exit.

Von Leon Escape
    Stage 1
    - Jump quest. Only one person is required to reach the top, but it's recommended everyone do it in case people fall off. You must physically be on the platform with the portal to clear the stage. Like any other jump quest, mobility skills cannot be used.

Stage 2
    - Kill mobs. A mix of Castle Golems and Vultures (flying, that's my main point) that are auto-aggro. Move to the right of the map to move to the next stage.

Stage 3
    - This is where my memory fails me.

Dragon Rider
    Dying in this PQ will not get you sent out.

Before the PQ
    All members of the party must have completed *INSERT QUEST* and have the Soaring Skill to do this PQ. It is recommended to bring potions which heal a large amount of HP and MP, or bring a Bishop, as there is a pot cooldown in the final boss battle. *UNCONFIRMED*

Stage 1
    - Kill the Soaring bird things. I think it's stage 1 and 2 of the old one combined.

Stage 2
    - Kill the Soaring Wyvern (all three types) and Griffey.

Stage 3 - unchanged
    - Kill Dragonoir. Dragonoir can cast Damage Reflect, so be careful when attacking him.

Stage 4 - unchanged (Even the bit about DC-ing people, though it's much rarer now)
    - Obstacle course. Players need to use the Soaring Skill (eventually). Touching any of the obstacle causes players to be stunned mid-flight. If players get stuck, use the mouse to deactivate the Soaring Skill at the top (left click).

Stage 5
    - Kill Dragon Rider. Unchanged, though I'll check the healing stone and the pot cooldown again.
    Upon death, Dragon Rider NPC will spawn in the middle (Boss' death, no player's). This will allow players to start *INSERT QUEST*.

Ellin Forest
    Before the PQ
    Players are encouraged to bring All Cures/Holy Water and Eyedrops, as the final boss can Seal and Darkness.
    Stage 1 - unchanged
    - Kill the Poison Lord Trees.

Stage 2
    - Poisoned stone bugs. Luring is not necessary - the purple vials can be picked up and dropped on the lake/pond. 4 purified bottles are required. Players need to click on the vines instead of drop one by one.
    Spoiler!

I'm unfamiliar with attaching/uploading images. If they need to be cropped or if something goes wrong, tell me.

Stage 3 - unchanged
    - Random portal maze. Players will need to find their way to the bottom right box. Portals are randomised - there is not set pattern or combination.
    (At this point I used NPC chat on the wrong thing, so no more screenshots)

Stage 4
    - Speak to Ellin to get Purification Orbs (well, whatever they were called before). It is recommended to put these on a hotkey. Damage in this stage is capped at 400. Bring the monsters to near death and use an orb. If they are "killed", they will recover all their HP.

Stage 5 - unchanged
    - Jump quest. There are three platforms at the top of the map, each with three boxes. Players must navigate their way through the jump quest. The middle section (a picture here is necessary) has some fake platforms, but there is a defined set of real platforms. It is recommended that everyone splits up, in case someone falls down.

Stage 6
    - The person with the stone needs to click on the Altar to summon the Golem. Golem can Seal, Darkness and give you that funny skull thing which reverses your directional keys (what's it called?).

Acknowledgement will need to go to:
    - VividSkyway
    - daisukidesun
    because they took time to help me with Dragon Rider and Ellin Forest PQ. And I got dai killed by accident.
    That is, if you do acknowledge people. They're in the image anyway.
    Last edited by DlPSHl7; 10th October 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Hey Tagg, I've edited your post to make the necessary edits in order to reflect what I've updated - it's just the Moon Bunny PQ now.

Just one question about the Ludi/Dimensional Crack PQ, for the Boss Stage. You mentioned:

<Table - Image of Key Ring & Purple Balloon>

Clear
    33 willpower
    20 insight
    What do you mean by this exactly? If there's a table that I should insert, you can also insert a table here directly in vBulletin itself to let me know what you mean - there's a new Insert Table icon that's to the right of the Redo button.

Move "Additionally... Broken Glasses." to another section
    I've temporarily moved this to the Boss Stage now, if that's what you meant? Putting that sentence in its own Reward page would seem to be a waste of page. :P

Spoiler!

Haha, weird xD I had kenta, drpq, and ellin all photographed and I was going to work on typing up the content =P I guess i'll merge them or something >.> I'm not sure how we'll credit people, I was thinking about adding a party quest home page where the general party quest mechanics are outlined. Then we can credit people there?

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo View Post
    Hey Tagg, I've edited your post to make the necessary edits in order to reflect what I've updated - it's just the Moon Bunny PQ now.

Just one question about the Ludi/Dimensional Crack PQ, for the Boss Stage. You mentioned:

What do you mean by this exactly? If there's a table that I should insert, you can also insert a table here directly in vBulletin itself to let me know what you mean - there's a new Insert Table icon that's to the right of the Redo button.

I've temporarily moved this to the Boss Stage now, if that's what you meant? Putting that sentence in its own Reward page would seem to be a waste of page. :P

Oh xD I meant that upon clear you receive those characteristics as your rewards. It was part of the rough draft and I forgot to edit it. Same with the broken glasses =P I meant it as a reminder to move it somewhere later.

I have photos of Orbis, Hob, Kenta, Dragon Rider, Ellin, and Magatia pqs and I'll work on adding those in (as well as editing the submissions of DlP. I'll work on it tomorrow when I have the computer =3 Thanks for all the help dlp and co. xD
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

Oh yeah. Ice Knight is really just Hoblin PQ condensed into two stages plus a boss battle. The thing to note about the boss battle is that you need to wait a bit before the boss can be hurt (I wasted my ultimate because of that). Same principle though:
    - Need to stay near Ice Man
    - When called, must be there within 30 seconds
    - Must protect him from mobs
    - When Ice Knight drops his Ice Fragment, everyone who's still alive in the map gets is once it is picked up.

However, the differences are:
    - Only White Fang and Hector throughout the two stages
    - No ice spikes to slow you down

Though he does get a little existentialist in the second stage.

I'll have to do Von Leon Escape a few more times. It's longer than the rest (stage wise) and more complex. I know the stages, but I don't know the order after what I've posted, so I won't risk getting it wrong.