Thread: Post-Ascension Party Quest Revamp

Hybrid View

Default Post-Ascension Party Quest Revamp

Introduction
    Spoiler!

How you can help
    Spoiler!

Feel free to suggest edits, replacements or add anything that's missing (highlighted in red)

Current Progress
    Spoiler!

Feel free to add any others that may have been removed or are not listed above.
    [/spoiler]

I currently have screenshots of Henesys, Ellin Forest, Dragon Rider, and Ludi as well as some screenshots of Magatia. I'm planning on gathering a few more of each now that i've actually gone through and rewritten a party quest. Just a note o3o.

---------- Guide Updates Below ---------- New Mechanics Below ----------

Here is a proposed change to the Henesys Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Ludibrium Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Kenta Party Quest
    Approved

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Hoblin Party Quest
    Approved
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Dragon Rider Party Quest
    Approved
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Magatia Party Quest
    In progress - Second Draft

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Orbis Party Quest
    In progress - Awaiting Approval

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Kerning Party Quest
    In progress - Awaiting Approval

Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Escape Party Quest
    In progress - Rough Draft
    Spoiler!

Here is a proposed change to the Ellin Forest Party Quest
    In progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Dojo
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Cpq
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Information gathered about Monster Park
    In Progress - Research
    Spoiler!

Mechanic Changes

Spoiler!

- The average level of the party members will determine the level and exp received from monsters in pqs. (Level will not exceed recommended levels)
    - The experience rewarded for finishing a pq is now dependent on the average level of the party. (Members that are 20 levels lower than the average will not receive full exp)
    - All pq reward items come with potential*
    - You can only enter a specific pq 10 times per day.

*I did not receive potential for the 10 moon cake hat.

Archive
    Spoiler!

Thank you to the following players for their contributions
    - VividSkyway
    - daisukidesun
    - DlpShl7
    - Jagador
    - tsunamisurfer08
    Last edited by Tagg; 26th March 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks for your efforts Tagg, I greatly appreciate it. I'll start rolling off these updates based on what you mentioned, and if you don't mind, after I've done updating, I'll edit your post and indicate in blue or some other colour what has been updated.

I'll also edit the title of this thread to better reflect your intentions.

Alright, I updated Henesys Party Quest with missing information as well as some screen shots for the missing item in the database. (Not sure if you want to add the monsters from hp in as well? I have no clue what their hp/mp is =\).

The colors will represent the party quests that have been updated in the database (the guides themselves, not the names). Also, I'm not sure if you should replace the old names with the new names or just keep them as their old shortcuts (i.e. Henesys pq v. Moon Bunny).

Anyone wanna proof read? ;D Or maybe contribute or help me test experience level tiers? o-o

Working on typing up the Ludi Party Quest
    Last edited by Tagg; 7th October 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Ultimate PQ prizes will always have potential. Confirmed in patch notes. Although, I think they require the previous reward (Rice Cake Topper should require A Rice Cake On Top Of My Head and the 100 pieces).

Dojo isn't up to date; I think it's still at a pre-Chaos stage.
    - Upon killing the final boss of each level, and increasing number of Willpower is given, starting at 3, 6... (the pattern doesn't necessarily continue, so I've only put in the first two values. Have yet to solo Mu Gong).
    - Energy Bar is charged by taking damage (not hits - larger numbers increase the bar faster). Each skill can only be used once per stage.

Other than that (which was from memory), I probably can't test anything in game. If I can, I'll find out what experience is given for 120+ characters.

And I don't recall Monster Carnival being changed at all for Ascension.
    For obvious reasons, you will want to have the maximum number of party members for the selected Carnival Field, although it's not necessarily required.
    That line doesn't reflect the current context of the PQ.
    The experience has also changed, and winning/losing now determines the amount of Willpower you gain.
    A rank lose = 10 Willpower
    A rank win = 30 Willpower
    It's hard to test out the other ranks, because it's now too easy to get 500 points, and hard to find other people to PQ with.

I have no idea about MC2, since no one does it.

And you forgot Monster Park. All monsters are classified Boss Monsters, mobs dependent on level, three types of tickets, ticket pieces, coins, prize, 3 times a day, etc. Not sure what the minimum requirement is. Once a person picks up a coin everyone in the map gets a coin. New quests. Yeah. I've forgotten the rest.

I'll try to get something about Amoria and the 120+ PQs done, but that will have to wait until next month (after I finish high school).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexon
    A system has been added where the party members' average level determines the non-boss monsters' stats and EXP (however, it will not exceed the PQ's maximum recommended level).
    A system has been added where the amount of EXP received upon clearing the PQ is based on the average level of the party members (however, a party member whose level is lower than the average party level by 20 or more will not obtain all of the Clear EXP).
    All PQ reward items are set as potential items by default.
    Last edited by DlPSHl7; 8th October 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks again for the info guys, keep 'em coming!

Tagg: I've updated the Henesys/Moon Bunny PQ again with the new information, as well as that missing EQ.

As for the link on the sidebar, I'm not sure whether it's better to keep it with its old name "Henesys", or change it to Moon Bunny to reflect its new name. Granted I kinda prefer the former. If anyone else has any thoughts about this, feel free to post here!

Reorganized the thread a bit. Thanks for the help dlp =P Added your information in.

Saigo: Feel free to change the status next to the pqs to "Approved" If you've made any changes =P I know it can be hard to find in the clutter of text and BB coding x_x. Also, the Rice Cake Hat should have a requirement of "10 cakes" rather than "20 cakes". I'll also retype the henesys/moon bunny one again with the information about the levels and experience.

DlP: I don't think there are any prerequisites to the potentialed pq items. I got the 100 cake hat from hpq before i got the 10 cake one and it came with potential. Also something to note, the 10 cake hat did not come with potential. Maybe it's only the ultimate prize?

I'm not sure about the naming xD I mean, a lot of the veteran players know them by their older names but newer players don't really do these pqs so they could get confused with "Henesys Pq" when they're looking at the dimensional mirror. I do prefer the older names though =x

Edit: Ludi Pq has been submitted for consideration.
    Last edited by Tagg; 8th October 2011 at 06:08 PM.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=