Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friendly Friend

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    See if I was a mod, I would have just banned him
    thats a little too harsh
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

I do not understand the "oh i see" post and the "this is so cool" post at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzStar View Post
    I do not understand the "oh i see" post and the "this is so cool" post at all.
    He randomly posts other threads to look inconspicuous.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Eh, PM, don't feel like responding in PM though.
    Spoiler!

Not going to answer to it though.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    He randomly posts other threads to look inconspicuous.

Oh, I see!

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

To be honest, I hate the show, but FF hasn't really done much except talk about and defend MLP in the MLP thread. I just don't see anything wrong with that. Granted, he responded to the "hate" comments a tad vigorously, but it was still just a response, not quite an incite.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    thats a little too harsh
    Jokes aside, I did a little research on this guy.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/member.php?u=1572202

He truly likes MLP and is not a troll (technically I guess)

I'm a brony ( male fan of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic [bro + pony] ) from /co/ who first heard of the show through the hub channel premiere commercial. It was going to replace discovery kids channel( I knew about discovery kids since 2003). I show the show premiered and saw the whole intro, but someone was coming so I can the channel and never saw it again till it was airing it's 3rd episode which I saw 2/3rd (I miss the whole beginning) and love it ever since but haven't kept with the show because I forgot all about it. Then, at the end of November I visited /co/ after a few months and on the first page there was pony thread with the following words on OP posts: "2 days until the sleepover episode". I read the thread then google searched tne show and found it's wikipedia page to see who made it...My mouth drop as I saw the creator was none other then Laruen Faust herself (who's wife of Criag McCracken) I knowen about this women and her amazing work on animated shows such as Powerpuff girls, Iron Giant, Fosters Home, and others. It was then that I started watching the show frequently watching every episode on tv and became a brony as well ( I was already one since I loved the show and a fan of it) I browsr /co/ often but now I browse the internet often for MLP discussion. End of Story
    IMO the guy is actually a nice guy that happens to really really really like MLP

IMO the guy is actually a nice guy that happens to really really really like MLP
    That is so cool!

Yes, he seems like he's okay, but it's usually best not to argue with people about something you're super passionate about, especially if it's online and you'll just label them a hater. I didn't jump in here and hop right into a thread about how I ****ing love He-Man and it's the best ****ing show to grace the planet.

Is MLP a good show? Sure, probably.
    Is it unfortunate that it's a girly show? Yes, because it's very very girly. It's not like 'Oh Powerpuff girls, every boy watched that, it wasn't girly', it's 'Oh god My Little Pony... girly', that's like if you catch a boy playing with Barbies and instead of saying 'Okay I like barbies big deal' they proceed to tell you barbies are amazing.

It's a bad place to be in and I understand why someone would really like it, just like I understand why people really really really like shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show. They aren't great shows, but with cartoons going the way they are, I was literally starving for any decent show and I've watched both a few times as well as MLP, they're okay shows that are only deemed god like because they have little to compare to in terms of cartoons. I blame Bronies on the cartoon channel networks.
    Gone with the wind

The best American cartoon that I've watched in recent history was Avatar The Last Airbender. Comparing MLP to ATLAB is like trying to compare a comic book to a piece of young adult fiction. Hidden-Street just has a resident brony now (a real one) so we'll just have to live with him :P.