Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2083
Art of the Week (AotW) Contest!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art of the Week (AotW) Contest!

Default Art of the Week (AotW) Contest!

Art of the Week

So, I was just having an idle chatter in the chatbox, and the subject strayed to a Signature of the Week contest I frequent in Anime-Planet. Then Cliff and I got talking and eventually came to the conclusion that an Art of the Week contest would be suitable for HS, as well as fun for people to join.

Introduction

In this contest, a theme will be chosen every week. Then, any piece of art, be it a forum signature, a scanned drawing or a photograph of a sculpture is to be submitted by participants, and voted on by the community. Afterwards, the winner of last week's contest gets to pick the theme of the contest for the following week. Voting is given a week long grace period, but a new theme should be created and used during the voting time for the last theme. This might be difficult to organise in one thread, so all the contests will be in one thread, and the voting will be in another thread.

Rules and Guidelines for entries
    • Each contest will begin and end at midnight of Sunday/Monday, PST.
    • Entries submitted after the contest has ended shall be considered null and void.
    • HS is an all-ages site, so refrain from sexually explicit or inappropriate images.
    • No plagiarism.
    • The person who picks the theme cannot enter the contest.

Rules and Guidelines for selecting themes
    • Pretty much anything goes, as long as it is appropriate.
    • You should post a description of a basic outline of what's going to be accepted for the theme and what's not accepted.
    • I will personally organise and "moderate" voting in a separate thread in this section. Two threads; one for the contest and one for voting.
    • For selecting the theme, try to stick to the fonts and sizes I used.

If there are any other rules you think should be added, also let me know. And of course, all of HS Forum's general posting rules should still be taken into account..

And, that's about it.

First theme, I'll pick. Second theme, Cliff (FailFTW) will pick. Then third theme will be chosen by winner of the first contest, then fourth theme will be chosen by the winner of the second contest, etc. This is due to the week long period for voting, since HS isn't exactly exploding with activity, but without letting "4 pick 5", it's "4 pick 6", so that we can have another contest during the previous contest's voting time.

Also, I made a banner for people who enter to use in their sigs if they'd like.

Copy + Paste this into your signature.
    HTML Code:
    [url=http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/threads/47479-Art-of-the-Week-(AotW)-Contest][img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k602/blankaex/Other%20art/AotWContributor.png[/img][/url]

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

This Week:
    AotW #1: Blades

Guidelines for this week:
    Pretty much any "blade" goes. Something with a sharp end/point/side counts, as long as it's visible, preferably the main part of the image. So you'd probably get something like a character wielding a blade, but not something that had fallen victim to a blade. Show off your steel!
    Last edited by blankaex; 23rd October 2011 at 10:52 PM.

I have a Bamboo Tablet, but no art skill haha

I don't have a tablet.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

My entree
    Spoiler!
    by Cryopon

Whenever I draw swords they're always being held in a way that makes them look like a man's junk. I wouldn't imagine having art skills would matter to be honest. It's all in good fun anyways~

Last edited by Phazonkirby; 17th October 2011 at 06:04 AM.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We've got two entries already, looks like it's going to work! Looking forward to some more entries over the course of this week.

I think it'd be alright to have all the contests in two threads. One thread for voting, and one for the actual contest. How does that sound?

Edit: Updated rules and such. I'll make the voting thread at the end of the week.
    Last edited by blankaex; 18th October 2011 at 12:19 AM.

kirby's is win

mine. don't even know if this one can count
    Spoiler!

Sorry for it's size, I'm more of a sprite maker if anything.
    Anywho, here's my entry.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by CVS View Post
    kirby's is win

mine. don't even know if this one can count
    Spoiler!
    I now know how to work my VCR. Stab the fast forward and rewind buttons.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Oh sweet, two more entries. I wasn't expecting this many. I hope the contest remains popular. And sure, Russ, I don't see why your entry shouldn't count. It's art, right? And it does have more blades than all the other entries.

Shame no one wants to use my banner though. You could spoiler it like me.
    Last edited by blankaex; 20th October 2011 at 01:49 PM.