Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Few questions since the update about I/L.

Default Few questions since the update about I/L.

First off:

Does it really matter much in second job which skill you pick up? From what I have personally seen while training my bishop, lightning seems to be "kinda" weak while Ice Strike (I think that's what its called not sure) does a lot of damage, but does the mob-ability make up for the sheer numbers?

Second:

This is a more general question, but would adding more luk since magicians now have the High Wisdom skill you really wouldn't be losing out that much since isn't it an after % calculation since its just a bonus rather than a base stat addition?

High wisdom would help you out a ton if you were lukless, and lightning is preferred for most mages.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I would personally go with Lightning if you're still in early 3rd or 2nd job. Single target hits are basically useless in 2nd job, even with Monster Park. You'll be attacking mobs far more often than single monsters, and that's where most of your exp comes from. Thunder Bolt also lets you go AoE snipe Iron Mutae in late 2nd job with relative ease (I have personally tried this on an unfunded IL ring mule twice, and that was pre-ascension).
    If you're at least well into 3rd job, it doesn't matter. Max everything except either TB or CB.

Having more base luk will be no different now than before. Think of the +40 int as nothing more than a stackable bonus. Builds should still be the same; it doesn't necessarily give you a reason to add an additional 40 luk. To be honest though, I'm not quite sure what you're asking with that second question. Could you reword it?

Spoiler!

You'll definitely want to go with Lightning there, going Cold Beam first will make levelling slow and tiresome, and that's one of the few things levelling in 2nd job is not. Lightning might only do 270% damage on max level, but at 6 targets you're still killing more mobs in a shorter time span than with Cold Beam.
    I can't say I've tried Mutae sniping in 2nd, but I found that Lightning Bolt works great at Toy Room Twisted Jesters.

Rephrasing the second question would indeed be useful for us to understand exactly what it is you're asking. If you're wondering about base LUK, I personally would refrain from going above 40 on unfunded, and above 23(As that is how much you'll have with max INT at 200, if I recall correctly.) if you are funded.

I'm basically asking because of my specific situation, it would be a lot less stressful having higher luk without needing to force myself to merch to get gears good enough to do OK at 110 at crocky and beyond. Yes, I know higher base luk isn't "needed" but I'm pretty damn sure I'm not going be able to stick with this game to the point to where I have all really high % stat potentials, just way to much extra work for the much smaller boost to enjoyment.

Just remember that it's always free to upgrade luk later on, but it's extremely expensive to reset out now. Try to keep below ~50-60 base and you should be fine for casual playing. When I speak of capping stats, I don't mean everyone should be xless or lowx, but they should just keep possible upgrades in mind for later on. You only need 78 total luk before your overall/shoes/gloves, and about 100 would do for a decent weapon.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Just remember that it's always free to upgrade luk later on, but it's extremely expensive to reset out now. Try to keep below ~50-60 base and you should be fine for casual playing. When I speak of capping stats, I don't mean everyone should be xless or lowx, but they should just keep possible upgrades in mind for later on. You only need 78 total luk before your overall/shoes/gloves, and about 100 would do for a decent weapon.
    Its not so much that I play casually, because I don't, but its just push into those like past 140ish lvls it hit me that all I'm going to do is train at LHC and stronghold with occasional boss runs, which seems beyond boring to me once I actually got a character to 120.

My 16x characters pretty much live at LHC now (even with monster park). So far I haven't gotten bored of it. I guess it's because I enjoy the level grind and there are party members and music to keep me entertained.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

LHC training is far from boring. Frustrating? Possibly. It won't be boring though (at least compared to regular grinding).

When it's just you and one or two party members doing normal training, you have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen; there aren't any surprises. Grind grind grind until someone decides to stop, and then grind some more.

At LHC you factor in 6 different human players. There is plenty of room for socialization, frustration, enjoyment, or strategy. Unless you're playing an lolbishop, LHC is far from boring (again, comparatively).

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    LHC training is far from boring. Frustrating? Possibly. It won't be boring though (at least compared to regular grinding).

When it's just you and one or two party members doing normal training, you have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen; there aren't any surprises. Grind grind grind until someone decides to stop, and then grind some more.

At LHC you factor in 6 different human players. There is plenty of room for socialization, frustration, enjoyment, or strategy. Unless you're playing an lolbishop, LHC is far from boring (again, comparatively).
    *Cough* Oh hai lvl 138 bishop >_>. But, the only reason I question it at all is because I've trained a sniper to almost 100 now and it just feels really boring standing there spamming arrow erruption till either the 100 hits per single space limit comes up or I get knocked off some how or something like that. Its just the early levels seem unbearably slow and uneventful which is what's stopping me from making small mob classes like WK (love the idea of an elemental weapon tank-style character) or a slinger (yes I know they have long range big mob skills but from what I've seen total crap damage) because it seems like its not worth spending 120 levels of no fun at all for another 80 of good fun idk but that's just me.
    Last edited by LostZodiac; 21st October 2011 at 04:25 AM.