Thread: The Life of Kyasuken

Default The Life of Kyasuken

Hello everyone!

In this thread, I'll be detailing everything I've done with my Bellocan character, Kyasuken, including things like how I came up with the name, SP distribution, where I trained, what I felt while playing, and all that stuff. It's a factual fanfic, in a sense. So, let's get started! I started writing this at level 82, and I'm not 100% confident in my memory, but I'll get it should be fine.

The Life of Kyasuken

That day, I decided to join HS Bello, in-game. So, I sat for a few minutes, pondering which class to choose. Thoughts were running around my head. "Not a Ranger, I have one already and Omar would complain some more" and "Oh, I haven't played a Spearman properly yet". And that was how I picked my job. Now, a more difficult decision. The character name. I had more often than not come up with a character name that I'd regretted in the future, so I decided to put a bit of extra thought into this. My main in Windia was called Kyasutaa, a rip-off of Fate/Stay Night's "Caster" romanji. I still liked the sound of it, so I decided to keep the prefix. Kyasu-"something". Now, what should the something be? I ran through a list of names ranging from my friends to anime characters, and I remembered an interesting name: Rasudoken. So, I stole the suffix of that, and that's how I got to Kyasuken. Interesting, right?

At the start of my Bellocan career, I decided to run through Maple Island as quickly as possible, since I wasn't allowed to skip. Same old, same old. Boring as hell, and while I was doing it, I was thinking about the tutorial island they had when I first started playing. They just dumped you in a place and you had to figure out what to do for yourself. How nostalgic. And before I knew it, I was level ten and standing in the Warrior's Sanctuary in Perion. How many times had I made the first job advancement? I'd lost count. No reason not to do it again, though.

I am now a swordsman, starting fresh off in a new world. No cash, no nothing. Since I was unable to join HS Bello at that point, since there were no Junior Masters online at the same time as me, I only had Samlee to talk to, who was afking with store permits housing things at max money. *Jealous* I logged off the character for a bit, and went back to Windia. I called one of my friends over, and told him to make a character to play in Bello with me. Then, there I was, off to my usual "beginning a new character routine".

First, at level 10, I was stuck with the clothing I got from Maple Island, being unable to afford ridiculously overpriced NPC equips, and used the free shortsword I got from Dances with Balrog. At level 10, what do I always do? Run off to Blue Ribbon Pigs. Smack, smack. I always wondered why hitting things with a sword makes a smacking sound instead of a slashing sound. Aside from that, I went for the obvious AP and SP distribution. Dex is useless, pump it all into Str and become super tank! For SP, the usual. 1 Power Strike, Max Slash Blast, Max Power Strike, Max HP Boost, 11 Iron Body. Nothing special there. At the pigs, I found a couple of equips I could use later on, which was nice.

Now I'd just hit level 18. As usual, I ran back to Perion (by walking, because taxis are expensive) and went on to defeat Andras. And he was a noob. Three-four hits and he died, instant boost to level 20. Yay. Still stuck with the level 10 sword, though. Anyway, training was key, so I went over to the Mixed Golem mini-dungeon. Boringboringboringboringboringboring... And then I found a level 15 polearm. I used that for a bit. Boringboringboring... Level 30. Finally. And a few new equips, which was good. I went and NPC'd the equips, bought myself a Janitor's Mop and went to make the 2nd job advancement. Apparently they didn't change the sound the mobs make when they died, which was a bit funny at first, but then boredom took over. Boringboringboring...

Finally, 30 dark marbles. Back to Dances with Balrog. Gots my free 1SP, a point in Ground Smash. Yay for new attack skill. So, more boring training. Over to Mushroom Kingdom, followed along the stupid quests and got to level 35. New glove, free medal, and about 3 hours of time gone. Grey Yeti is a *****. But I did get to collect the level 35 King Pepe weapon, which was excellent. As for SP, I did a bit of math, figured out Ground Smash stays at 11, so I maxed Mastery, then I got GSmash to 11. 6 Booster, 3 Iron Will, Max Hyper Body, Max Booster, Max Final Attack, Max Physical Training, Max Iron Will. Pretty unorthodox, but it worked for me.

So, at 35, I went over and trained on a variety of monsters in Kerning Square. Killin dem mannequins, and rippin up dem CDs. Got me to about 45, at which point I'd managed to find a 60% DFA and CFA, and a couple other decently-priced things and equips. So, that got me my foundation cash, and I was able to properly afford potions and no-longer-needed NPC equips. At 45, after I got bored of Kerning Square, I went over to NLC, and started Subani's Legacy to get a 60% GFA and boost up my cash further, and looked for something to train on. I don't think I ever went to Scarecrows, but I don't remember what I did between 45 and 55, so let's say I did go to Scarecrows for that.

I was SUPER bored at 55, so I decided to think in a way that I despise: if I'm only able to land a hit on the monster every four tries, and it takes me 7 minutes to kill one, I'm training in the right place. That being the case, I went over to Jesters. These guys were boring as well. Between 55 and 70, I did a mix of Jesters and soloing Monster Park. Oh my god, boring. But Monster Park equip drops, hell yeah! I just found my next equips for like 20 levels.

And also, apparently doing Alchemy gives you more MP. And since warriors have no MP, I jumped onto it straight away, and figured out it was Herbalism giving you Empathy, raising your MP. Still good, making my own potions and such. Nice boost in MP as well, that I would otherwise not have.

Oh yeah! Level 70! 3rd job, finally! I'm using the word finally a lot, I know. But I did think it a lot. Anyway, level 70, 3rd job advance, straight away. Same stuff, I'm sure everyone knows about it. Going around a boat and up and down Orbis tower 9001 times, and then answering a few questions thought up by obsessed fanboys, and I was able to get my 3rd job skill book.

DRAGON BUSTER DRAGON BUSTER DRAGON BUSTER DRAGON BUSTER DRAGON BUSTER DRAGON BUSTER.

Yes, Dragon Buster. I always thought it was called Crusher. No one told me that Big Bang changed it to Buster until I asked. And to be honest, Crusher sounds a ton cooler. Though Crusher and Fury names should be swapped, that'd be more fitting. But obviously, first point on Buster. And back to Jesters. 3rd job skills make this so much easier. I got a 1 hour exp charm thing from Job Advance, and so I used it and got from 70~74. 1 point on Fury, 3 on Sacrifice and 1 on Roar, just because I want moar attacks. Then I started sing Russ' Dragon Knight guide as a reference. At 74, I got bored again, but I stayed at Jesters a bit longer. To about 77, I think. And then I went over to Magatia and grinded on Iron Mutae.

And suddenly, I am where I am today. Level 82, still at Iron Mutae.

To be continued.

Surprised i'm saying this (in my head) but cool story bro. Much exciting than training my 106 priest..
    Off topic- I am now lost with what i'm supposed to train at. Supposedly training at Herb Town with Kru and Captain would be my best bet. Leafre is way too boring solo-training. And I refuse to do any PQs

This fanfic needs more depth.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    This fanfic needs more depth.
    ^
    it qualifies more as a blog than a short story..

bolt202/veil225/feint200

So is it meant to be in another section or something? Or do I just improve it next time? Since it's told from the player's point of view, and not the character's, it's not really something you'd use a bunch of big words and literary devices with, right?