Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Thorr, suck it. I don't need know-it-all lectures and I told you sos. I can beat Manon and Griffey if these are real bosses, and I can beat most of the Crusade bosses easy, if not for the time limit. I can beat Timekeeper Nex, and I only really run into problems with Papu and Pianus in the damage department (since they heal and use stuff like Magic Defend), not in terms of survival. I'm not afraid of using pots, and I'm not afraid of using MG. I'm afraid of relying on MG. I'm not stopping, and I'm gonna continue to level for as long as I can. Get over yourself, and your one-true-build mentality. I wanna do it this way, that's up to me.

I'm looking at the list of enemies about my level (lack of familiarity is the bulk of the reason I don't know about them). I've beaten Red Wyvern and Cerberus that's pretty close to where I am now, so I dunno what you're whining about. And I've beaten Memory Monks, that's beyond my level. AND I've mobbed on Transforming Jr Newties, using SR.

My only question is how I managed to get less than the average HP, because that's messed up. Does int build somehow affect this?
    Ahh.. children...

You missed the ENTIRE point. You built your character this way. We told you why it was a bad idea. We told you what would happen. Now you are complaining that it is happening. -I- am not the one whining. You made this build and now you have to live with the results. You did not play into the strengths of your class. You are significantly underpowered because of it.

I don't deny you any right to play however you want. I do have the right to think you are a moron for doing it. But, that isn't even the issue. My issue with you is that you are kvetching because you suck and you are asking the rest of the mage community to help you fix yourself and simply have no right to. Unfortunately, it is too late to make you decent. Your HP washing and HP build has cost you a ton of MP (we told you it would) and thus has considerably lowered your survivability. You seem to have sub-par INT as well which makes your damage low. You spent money HP washing a class that gains nothing from HP washing. Your results are as expected. Stop complaining about your status. You made your bed, now lie in it.

I am not looking down from a high horse. I am just sitting on an average pony. I am in no way a superior bishop specimen, I just didn't ignore the natural gifts Bishop is given.

You -need- AR. It's your primary attack. Stop avoiding the nature of your character and get the skill already. It took me a couple of weeks to get it on my bishy. (None for sale on my server at the time. I couldn't get a zak run together either.) If you intend to train alone, you absolutely MUST get AR.

Maybe you just like your character to do everything really slowly? If so, then by all means keep on your path. That's your right to choose. But if you do choose it, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

EDIT: It sounds like you may rebuild a new bishy. I honestly think you should. I don't believe there is any way to make your existing character any better than it is now. You are going to keep hitting a wall and the game will not have any fun value. I'd rather see you continue playing and enjoy it than spend so much time trying make a bad build be something fun. Your build will always be a struggle.
    Last edited by Thorr; 3rd July 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    How in the hell is Thorr preaching? You just don't want to listen to him. You don't want to listen to anyone. Stop being so stubborn.
    I came off as preachy when I said "Now, shut up and buy real potions." It's a fair complaint on his/her/its part.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Figure I might as well ask here since it's a thread about Bishop skills.

Is Holy Magic Shell duration affected by Buff Mastery?
    I'm considering leaving Booster at 11 (perm pet auto-buff) and maxing HMS, but won't bother if it isn't affected by Buff Mastery

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Figure I might as well ask here since it's a thread about Bishop skills.

Is Holy Magic Shell duration affected by Buff Mastery?
    I'm considering leaving Booster at 11 (perm pet auto-buff) and maxing HMS, but won't bother if it isn't affected by Buff Mastery
    Yes I'm pretty sure it does. That said the initial duration isn't very long and you're only getting about 15 extra seconds if even. And it's been so long since I've played I can't guarantee it is. That said I'm pretty sure you HAVE to wait a full 30 seconds for a maxed shell to be used again, unlike regular cooldown.

Either way it's a good enough skill to max because it's temp invincibility, and can be used to block some pretty harmful telegraphed attacks, like I think zakum's 1/1 can be blocked by it, It's also good to keep up when pap does his dispel, giving you seconds of precious time to react, especially people with not very good connections like me.

Spell booster sucks anyway.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 3rd July 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    I came off as preachy when I said "Now, shut up and buy real potions." It's a fair complaint on his/her/its part.
    No that wasn't the part. It was the long "We told you to do this awhile ago, and you didn't, therefore suffer the Hell of inadequecy. Doom, doooooooooooooom...."

I finally did drag a bunch of my equips to a new account, I'm calling Quiannuessa (she's Quiannu's love child). Which means you guys lost the bet, and owe me an AR skill book. (The bet was that I'd be unable to make it to 120 with a screwed-up build, and also that I'd ignore you and keep playing)

So gimme.

Also, in my defense, I had a valid reason at the time. So far I'm totally lukless and my hp is already at 400 (with just a z-ring and medal) at only level 15. At level 50 under the pre-BB system, mages grew at such a rate that I was about 400 without hp equips, without serious hp washing. New drop system still sux. I'll probably make it to 120 in good time now, only to find I still can't get any Mystery Books, or get the proper skill books in time.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 3rd July 2012 at 10:36 AM.

I made a cleric today along with tesi and cliff. My cleric at lvl 30 has 2k HP. I'm freakin boss.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I made a cleric today along with tesi and cliff. My cleric at lvl 30 has 2k HP. I'm freakin boss.
    You getting the renegade coins? You save up enough, and you can get mastery books. With my luk, the bishop book will yield something like AR when I haven't got it.

Wait, what? 2k at 30? How did you manage that?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 3rd July 2012 at 02:15 PM.

We all had roughly 2K hp at level 30.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    We all had roughly 2K hp at level 30.

No actually in the lvl up thread, at 3rd job you had 2K hp. So I would assume you did not gain any HP in the 40.5 levels xDDD

Thunder God

The 2k HP at lvl 30 is probably because of the Character Card Deck. My level 1 characters on my primary account are getting +1200 HP and MP (Deck 1 is giving me +500 each and deck 2 is giving me +700 each.)