Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

You lucky ****ers. My character cards gave completely different abilities, (and I deleted Quiannu, without transferring the Bounty Hunt badge, which now turns out to be unavailable. Dammit...) like Quiannu had 15% mp gift rather ironically.

Maple quests suck balls right now. I'm not even sure if Silent Crusade stuff is still active (if not I picked a great time to quit, because those give a crapload of experience, potions, and hp equips), and all that seems to be left is these dorky noob quests "look at our new navigation system, whew, isn't it hot? Now kill 15 slimes." Not that I mind the eventual prize, but considering I'm lukless and stuck with a sucky noob weapon for awhile unless I get some ability-raising gear (which is also true of Silent Crusade), here's hoping they don't pull a deal where I get to about 120 in time, and still can't afford any mastery books with the renegade coins. Heck, I remember more story quests both in the side characters and explorers sections. I mean, I was expecting Jett to have some special quests like Mercedes and Demon Hunter did... Instead, after about the third short quest, you're basically treated like a normal pirate.

Oh yea i missed the card

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    You lucky ****ers. My character cards gave completely different abilities, (and I deleted Quiannu, without transferring the Bounty Hunt badge, which now turns out to be unavailable. Dammit...) like Quiannu had 15% mp gift rather ironically.

Maple quests suck balls right now. I'm not even sure if Silent Crusade stuff is still active (if not I picked a great time to quit, because those give a crapload of experience, potions, and hp equips), and all that seems to be left is these dorky noob quests "look at our new navigation system, whew, isn't it hot? Now kill 15 slimes." Not that I mind the eventual prize, but considering I'm lukless and stuck with a sucky noob weapon for awhile unless I get some ability-raising gear (which is also true of Silent Crusade), here's hoping they don't pull a deal where I get to about 120 in time, and still can't afford any mastery books with the renegade coins. Heck, I remember more story quests both in the side characters and explorers sections. I mean, I was expecting Jett to have some special quests like Mercedes and Demon Hunter did... Instead, after about the third short quest, you're basically treated like a normal pirate.
    The silent crusade is still available. It's worth doing just for the rings and the final medal. I am doing it on my primary Jett right now.

Jett has a scant few story quests, but they do exist. If you are worried about your weapon on your new cleric, just get him renegade coins. You can save up for a good lukless weapon.

And as far as the cards go, it's not the individual cards that give me my bonuses. It is the Sets they make. Set 1, for me, is 3 magicians with the lowest being rank A. The 3 rank A+ set is +500 hp/mp. My second set is 3 pirates with the lowest being rank S. The 3 Rank S set is +700 HP/MP. (Plus I get the 3 magician bonus, plus the 3 pirate bonus, and I get all 6 individual card bonuses.)
    Last edited by Thorr; 3rd July 2012 at 09:50 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    No actually in the lvl up thread, at 3rd job you had 2K hp. So I would assume you did not gain any HP in the 40.5 levels xDDD
    No actually I had 2955 and Cliff had 2687. At lvl 30 I had 2355. That means I gained 600 HP in 40 levels (15 HP per level).
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 3rd July 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    No actually I had 2955 and Cliff had 2687. At lvl 30 I had 2355. That means I gained 600 HP in 40 levels (15 HP per level).
    But it's still not a lot. And do you have your rings updated, they at least give you stats, not a lot but though...

No actually in the lvl up thread, at 3rd job you had 2K hp. So I would assume you did not gain any HP in the 40.5 levels xDDD
    http://i49.tinypic.com/34fh1qt.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    The 2k HP at lvl 30 is probably because of the Character Card Deck. My level 1 characters on my primary account are getting +1200 HP and MP (Deck 1 is giving me +500 each and deck 2 is giving me +700 each.)
    Yup. That's what I had. Tesi had more though. Not sure about Omar. We're just trying to show that Bulma doesn't need to waste AP and NX on getting more HP because there are TONS of HP/MP boosts without sacrificing any damage potential.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Bulma said he was going to create a lukless mage

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    We're just trying to show that Bulma doesn't need to waste AP and NX on getting more HP because there are TONS of HP/MP boosts without sacrificing any damage potential.
    The MP sacrifice is far less mathematically efficient also. The goal should be to gain 5-6 MP for HP you gain. Since MP on mages grows exponentially, you really lose a lot of survivability if you don't get your base MP going properly in the early levels. It's not even a matter of debate anymore since the exact formulas for HP and MP gain were extracted and you can see the effect of INT and existing MP in the formula.

I'm only lvl 40 since I didn't get a chance to play more than an hour and a half but I still have about 2.2k HP right now. I don't need MG and I didn't do any fancy sacrifice AP for HP build.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    The silent crusade is still available. It's worth doing just for the rings and the final medal. I am doing it on my primary Jett right now.

Jett has a scant few story quests, but they do exist. If you are worried about your weapon on your new cleric, just get him renegade coins. You can save up for a good lukless weapon.

And as far as the cards go, it's not the individual cards that give me my bonuses. It is the Sets they make. Set 1, for me, is 3 magicians with the lowest being rank A. The 3 rank A+ set is +500 hp/mp. My second set is 3 pirates with the lowest being rank S. The 3 Rank S set is +700 HP/MP. (Plus I get the 3 magician bonus, plus the 3 pirate bonus, and I get all 6 individual card bonuses.)
    Okay, I'll do the quests then, definitely.

I'm saving the weapon money instead for bishop mystery books (I hope that becomes the new standard, mystery mastery books out of almost 10, most of which paid for, I got ZERO bishop books) or if I can do it. I have a lukless lvl 80 staff, which is more in reach anyway. Lvl 80 is about average probably for lukless, which is okay with me, the bigger issue with my damage is right now since I've still got two levels to go before cleric (couldn't think of a good place to train so I went to Edelstein, and started fighting about 7 levels above me). I'm wasting a ton (for my level anyway) on chocolates, since I can't heal and have to use hp/mp restore.

God, now I remember why I hated pots in the first place. When I first went on maple they had that sadistic level 10 quest where you wandered into Omega Zone. I went down there and must've wasted about 40 pots (back when they were expensive), completed the quest and warped back to ludi with that item. Then I couldn't get on the ship, and would've been screwed if not for help from my guild.