Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa
    While Bishop is quite weak, it's still pretty respectable in terms of mobbing, especially with the recent buffs.
    Also, with the game now so incredibly dependent on gear, it really does vary person to person more than previously. A well geared Bishop will lay down more mobbing dps than a mediocrely geared "dps class".

Going partially off-topic:
    This was the main reason I couldn't stand playing my bishop. Despite being significantly stronger than almost everyone I encountered at LHC, I was still expected to do nothing except buff. Several people even expected me to do nothing but heal, despite me having a range almost greater than the rest of the party combined.
    In today's Maple, it's important to judge person-by-person, because there are many surprises out there.

So what you are saying is that Bishops have become a lot stronger since the last update? Well generally more funded bishops

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post

So what you are saying is that Bishops have become a lot stronger since the last update? Well generally more funded bishops
    No, I'm saying players now need to be judged on a case-by-case basis because of the overwhelming boosts of gear and a mild balancing of the Bishop class. However, given equal funding, a bishop will still be significantly weaker than almost every other class.

Spoiler!

but you just said...

but you just said...
    What he said was that with highly superior gear a bishop can surpass an average-geared player. HIGHLY. SUPERIOR. GEAR.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

with highly superior gear a bishop can surpass an average-geared player---and you mean?
    Last edited by kaglover1; 3rd July 2012 at 03:36 AM.

For example:
    A bishop with lots of %int (100%+) and magic attack will be stronger than a mercedes with little to no %dex and a poorly scrolled weapon.
    Replace "mercedes" with any other class and the appropriate stat and this example will hold true.

However, when equally geared, almost every other class will beat bishop.

Spoiler!

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Hence, your judgement was probably deserved Tesi. Despite the fact that you personally had godly gear and could mop the floor with the enemies, the only way they were gonna let you fight is with the introduction of a priest, or a party bishop (like me in about two levels, given some luck with the advancement quest) as secondary buffer. I could sit there on the ladder casting Blessing (Advanced in a few levels), Holy Barrier, Maple Hero, and stuff like that. Meanwhile, an attacking bishop could massive kill enemies.

What should I raise first for skills? Until I find skill books I'm raising to 10 over the next 30 levels Maple Warrior, Big Bang , Infinity, Bahamut, Resurrection, Genesis, Buff Mastery, Arcane Aim andAdvanced Blessing.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 19th June 2012 at 01:38 AM.

Basically, Bishops are not for attacking. Support always. It's what their skills were made to do.

All other classes will out-power a Bishop unless there is a massive difference in the way they're geared (In the Bishop's favor in this case).

Bulma, probably Adv Bless, Maple Warrior and Big Bang/Res. Honestly though, I don't really know about Bishops too well. That's what I would do anyway.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Agh, I feel like killing nexon. I went out and bought 11 Super Cubes and 2 Sharing Tags. Freaking waste of money. I got about 8 essentially worthless cube tries before getting a few halfway decent potentials. I bought the sharing account on the wrong player wasting one of them. Not that it matters. Ummm, on your 7th anniversary would it kill you to if not make the gear tradeable, at least shareable with a sharing tag? That's 6000 NX I could have spent on some way better stuff. Heck if not for the cube pieces, it'd be 25000 NX that could've been used for other stuff. It might still be this was as I'd have to get and cube more items, and there's a chance of epic scroll nuking super-rare items. There was nothing "super" about any of these potentials.

I think I'll put 1 into about four skills right off the bat. This should give me the basics, so I can macro, and then I'll raise each to 10, one skill at a time. Probably Advanced Blessing, Resurrection, Infinity (wasting pots is a nuisance and it does a delayed atk boost too), and either Big Bang/Maple Hero/Bahamut (probably the latter, since the first is a good attack, the second is a good buff, but the third allows hands-free attacking for areas where I have to spam heal/do something else while something is doing heavy attacks on me).

Or you could've just been more careful with your nx and paid attention to what works with sharing tags?

Also, Infinity is incredibly useless in terms of pot use. The cooldown and duration are so low that it's not even noticable at low levels. It's only useful for providing massive damage boosts later on.

Level 1 Res is fine; if you're in a party at LHC that has members dying more than once every 20 minutes, the party isn't really worth staying in (or the person isn't worth ressing)

You should do 1 point into BB for the decent attack right off the bat. I'm not sure if you're a bishop yet, but BB requires a charge up, so investing points into it is a terrible idea, especially if you're trying to save potions. You have to charge up (can't heal during), get close to an enemy, and release. All in all, you'll be "attacking" for quite a while, so it doesn't really fit your desired results. Just put 1 point into it.

If you can't get MW20, don't upgrade MW. It will be worthless whenever you're in a party with MW20+, and will give a very small damage bonus solo. It only affects base stats, and since you don't have a high base int, it's pretty pointless. Don't put any points into this until much later.

Put 1 point into Genesis for the lols and a full-screen attack every so often.

For ****'s sake, upgrade Angel Ray. For the first time in years Bishops can do respectable mobbing damage, but only with Angel Ray. It's MUCH faster than BB, it's a ranged attack (meaning you can snipe, avoiding mobs), and it's the strongest attack you'll get.

Buff Mastery is also important because it gives a stackable 3 magic attack per level. 10 points for 30 magic and an extra 50% time on buffs? God yes. This also works with Infinity, btw, and without BM, Infinity is even more worthless.

Assuming you're trying to avoid pot use and do support, this should be your build:

1 Angel Ray
    1 Res
    1 Big Bang
    1 Genesis
    1 Arcane Aim
    10 Buff Mastery
    30 Advanced Blessing
    5 Res (+4)
    30 Angel Ray (+29): If you don't eventually get a decent attack skill, that leech exp will slow down and you'll basically just become an HS mule with absolutely no self-reliance.
    30 Arcane Aim (+29)
    You can either do Bahamut or Infinity; I'd personally go with Bahamut since you'll spend a lot of your Infinity time buffing and healing.
    So...
    30 Baha/Infinity
    30 Baha/Infinity

Now you can do MW if you really want to, at least to lvl 5 so you can start trying to pass MW20.
    After this it doesn't matter. Finish off Gen, MW to 29, and Hero's Will. Your extra points go into BB.

Spoiler!