Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I didn't get Angel Ray. Therefore, I'm obviously not putting anything into it, at least until I find a book.

Probably not bothering with MW either, since I usually find parties with MW20, and I'm personally having horrible luck with Mystery Book (Overdrive and Soul Stone? They can't even be sold). What are good enemies to drop Mystery Book?

I intend to do Buff Mastery anyway. Along with Big Bang and Advanced Bless. And Arcane Aim, and Bahamut. I'm going with Big Bang Rather than Angel Ray. Probably max Arcane Aim too, and Infinity (also for its offensive buff). Remaining points into Bahamut, Genesis, and may or may not have Hero's Will (I'd have to do Pianus a time or two, it didn't drop the mini-Pianus last time I fought). I'm gonna ignore MW entirely, most of the parties I've met have at least one person with MW20, and it isn't even the priest. That'll free up space for if I ever do get Angel Ray to pour into it too.

Trust me when I say Angel Ray is worth waiting for. Big Bang isn't a very practical skill to use as you have to charge it (Press and hold key, then release). It's risky as it is because you obviously can't use potions while charging, and you have to storm into the center of enemies to unleash it at max potential. Angel Ray is definitely worth waiting for as it's quick, the strongest attack you'll ever use as a Bishop and mobs a fair bit.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    I didn't get Angel Ray. Therefore, I'm obviously not putting anything into it, at least until I find a book.

Probably not bothering with MW either, since I usually find parties with MW20, and I'm personally having horrible luck with Mystery Book (Overdrive and Soul Stone? They can't even be sold). What are good enemies to drop Mystery Book?

I intend to do Buff Mastery anyway. Along with Big Bang and Advanced Bless. And Arcane Aim, and Bahamut. I'm going with Big Bang Rather than Angel Ray. Probably max Arcane Aim too, and Infinity (also for its offensive buff). Remaining points into Bahamut, Genesis, and may or may not have Hero's Will (I'd have to do Pianus a time or two, it didn't drop the mini-Pianus last time I fought). I'm gonna ignore MW entirely, most of the parties I've met have at least one person with MW20, and it isn't even the priest. That'll free up space for if I ever do get Angel Ray to pour into it too.
    Zakum drops mastery books, instead of going to deep dead mine I'll just buy the angel ray book. I already have AR 20 and AR 30, i just need AR 10

Angel Ray is way better than Big Bang.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

I don't think you've used Big Bang...
    It's a pretty mediocre skill as is, and if you're looking to save potions and rely on heal, it's an absolutely terrible skill. You must charge the skill, stand very close to enemies (if you're mobbing, you're probably going to have to tank a few hits in the middle of the group), and release. To effectively attack multiple monsters, you're likely going to tank 2-4 hits to put out minimal damage. By the time you want to upgrade Angel Ray, you'd spend more on potions than the AR10 book would cost in the fm.

Also, I don't quite think you understand how book drops work now. Nexon did not intend people to farm for their own books; the point was to even out the number of books in the fm and make them more accessible. Previously, you MIGHT be able to farm, but it would still take an unbelievably long time to get the correct book, and there's no guarantee it would pass. In the time it used to take to farm books, you can now merchant and just buy multiple in the fm.

tl;dr
    Invest in an AR10. It will be the best mesos you have ever spent.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Invest in an AR10. It will be the best mesos you have ever spent.
    But it's also very expensive considering the other ones

Most of the AR10 price comes from the SoK.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Where do you get an AR10 without SoK. I'm not facing Zakum any sooner

The FM. You can also just go on a zrun. It's nowhere near as dangerous as it used to be.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    The FM. You can also just go on a zrun. It's nowhere near as dangerous as it used to be.
    Ever notice AR 10 is extremely hard to find in Windia. Not only that it's pricey... like 200mil, but i can still afford it