Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

No I didn't notice, because I don't play in Windia. 200m is probably the best price you're gonna get for those skillbooks, which is why I said to just go on a zrun.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Like I said, most of the cost is the NX for the SoK. Just go on a zrun. Zakum is incredibly easy to beat.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

But it's also very expensive considering the other ones
    Bulma buys nx on a pretty regular basis.
    It's no stretch to expect her to have 3k for SoK or enough mesos. Just in this thread she was talking about basically pissing away 25k...

Spoiler!

Uh wow, when i get 25K nexon, I always have 5-6K left. But if he keeps using it all, he will end up being addicted and buying more

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Like I said, most of the cost is the NX for the SoK. Just go on a zrun. Zakum is incredibly easy to beat.
    You are aware that you're talking to the person who could not kill manon. Re-think your words again, and killing Zak isn't the problem, It's the prerequisite jump quest

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    Trust me when I say Angel Ray is worth waiting for. Big Bang isn't a very practical skill to use as you have to charge it (Press and hold key, then release). It's risky as it is because you obviously can't use potions while charging, and you have to storm into the center of enemies to unleash it at max potential. Angel Ray is definitely worth waiting for as it's quick, the strongest attack you'll ever use as a Bishop and mobs a fair bit.
    Yes, Tesi, I have used Big Bang, to kill off Crusade bosses up to level 110 (haven't tried Kentaurus yet). Even with the fact that my damage is cruddy due to weird build, I still managed to do this with minimal pot usage (I used crusade pots all the way up to just before the phoenix boss). I know how to use Big Bang effectively.

Stun enemies (that can be stunned), use Holy Shield to guard versus most standard damage and charge up to 50% or 100%. That, or it is possible to just hit it a bunch of times with no charge (roughly 10% no charge, which isn't that bad considering you can save being hit while you'd otherwise be charging), knocking them back while you heal in-between. As long as the enemy is stunned, there is plenty of time. The main reason Big Bang fails is when enemies are like Crockies and can't be easily stunned, and take too much to kill outright. If not, just spam the skill, alternating with SR and heal. If you abuse stun to a a large extent, along with arcane aim (the rules are arcane aim actually favors a spam approach to BB because the more hits you get in, the longer it lasts up to five times), most of the issues with BB are resolved.

Big Bang is not a sucky skill. People are noob, and suck at using it. At level ten, the damage is identical to AR (but while AR's advantage is what 3 sec of speed saved by not charging, BB has more hits meaning less problem if you miss, and has critical bonuses). At max it's actually about 200% more damage. And c'mon, it's not that slow, the SR stun is still long enough to pull off a fully charged one. The key to Big Bang is learning to make more time for yourself with defensive skills like Holy Shield, with status effects like Stun, and with automatic offenses like Bahamut. That, and trying things to see what works (I swear by Arcane Aim and Big Bang and have the saved pots to prove it on all places but Crocky town, which I still can't kill just by myself anyway).

-------
    Here's an important thing to note. Z-run jump quest is nearly impossible for me (even with pet gone and reduced graphics, my computer lags some when the screen scrolls making horizontal jumps a pain in the ass). If something can be done in Horntail, great, but if I can only find it doing Zakum, I'm probably sunk.

As a second note, I now use El Nido due to the fact that lag post BB/Chaos was killing me. Merchanting is also almost a non-option. People here price like twits, and many of the level 20 books are simply missing, because there aren't enough people to sell it to, so people just use it. Farming is pretty much my option. I know Death Teddies drop Mystery Books, as I got one, but it wasn't very common.

-------
    Semi-regular basis. About once a week I might get maybe 10k-50k. Then I might not want anything for months at a time. I examine how good a deal what I just bought was and figure out whether it's worth buying again. Based on this I've come up with a good guide to NX based on ripoff scale.

Perm Hyper Teleport: Top Item, I use it all the time. Worth every penny.
    Perm Auto-MP Pot/Other Perm Pet Skills: Very Awesome. It helped me hit over level 120 and mob bosses, since my biggest issue with MG is having a third hand to pot use while healing and buffing, attacking, etc. I set it to the lowest possible % and it still works with complete awesomeness.
    Perm Meso Magnet: I want it! C'mon Nexon, gimme.
    2x exp (Daily): Tends to be expensive. But reliable and it stacks with other bonuses. I almost never buy these though, because my week might fill up when I expected it to empty, or they might run maintenance checks most of the week.
    SP Resets: Works every time. But be careful what you wish for.
    Mesobags: I mainly buy a bunch of these if I'm looking to buy a mount or something. They give a pretty decent amount of money even for the duds.
    Perm Pets: Generally useless unless you have the above skills as perm. Eats too much and such. But it's cute!
    Char Change/World Change: Works every time. But you also get what you pay for.
    VIP Hair/Face/Etc: Hey, it has no in-game effect but it 100% works every time.
    Perm Clothes: Generally useless. But if you have ugly armor, it helps out a bit.
    Scissors of Karma: Good, except... for all the items I'd like to share but can't.
    AP Resets: For HP washing, which I spent a huge amount on, I found out the following. Draining from MP is generally a BAD idea, even though later some of it came back. It drained 50 MP to give a random amount of HP (like 1-20 for mage). For a straight stats, this is way higher on the list, but I used it for washing.
    Wedding: Kind of a ripoff. In my experience, it was in theory a good thing to get a deluxe wedding, but usually people wouldn't
    2x exp (certain days/Weekends): Kinda sucky. That day fills up for the next few weeks without fail after I buy it.
    Exp Guard: It used to be a great product, but now I die pretty infrequently, meaning it's silly to buy it. Then I regret it at some point, because it's never around when I need it.
    Randomized Items (except mesobags): I always end up with scrolls. Which nobody wants. I stopped buying Gachapon 3 years ago, and haven't had the urge to try it again. Cubes, and treasure boxes also qualify. The only thing I generally want are mesos, and mesobags can reliably give me just that. That said, I don't buy mesobags much because I generally save a fortune on pots without MG. Cubes turned out to be such a colossal waste of money that I bought more just to get an Advanced Scroll. Which I thought was an Advanced Potential Scroll, but turned out to be something that added stars to stuff, couldn't work on non-rare items. So I gave a star to noob mage skirt, and didn't notice any difference.
    Stores: Some people swear by merchanting. I like to grind, meaning I pretty much have to wait around afk for awhile leaving my computer open to trade hackers (not to mention I almost never have anything anybody actually wants, or it's untradeable) or assign an auto-seller. I always forget about the auto-seller and have to reclaim the items (most of which, again, have not sold). I'd be happy to sell someone else the item at 10% its total price just to offload the item and make a profit. Example - I had a Rush 20 skill book, which I eventually "sold" to someone at the price of 10 item crystals, so as to make an extractor.
    Temp Pets: Pretty much a scam. They can be brought back using an item (which also costs NX), but since Pet Skills are generally also temp, this is waste of NX.
    Shout-Out Items: I understand people get these for advertising but this generally ends up being a waste. I generally tune out big tigers in the upper right corner, and it lag-kills me enough that I curse the people who use this. If any people are like me, these are horribly overrated. Just ask your friends or guild for something.
    Temporary Clothing: The only reason to use this is for Halloween. Worthless item.

What has AR 10 that I can SoK? I generally can get NX, but 200mil mesos is out of my reach (I grind too much, and don't collect anything).

omar couldn't kill Manon? Geez, even I killed Manon and Griffey.

Uh wow, when i get 25K nexon, I always have 5-6K left. But if he keeps using it all, he will end up being addicted and buying more

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

You are aware that you're talking to the person who could not kill manon. Re-think your words again, and killing Zak isn't the problem, It's the prerequisite jump quest

1. Pffthahaha you can't find the patience to finish the jump quest? Wow. And Bulma she meant she couldn't kill Manon. Manon is an incredible cake walk.

2. Find a friend that you can Zak with.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

1. Pffthahaha you can't find the patience to finish the jump quest? Wow. And Bulma she meant she couldn't kill Manon. Manon is an incredible cake walk.

For your information I have not gotten to deep dead mine, I just asked my friend for prerequisite quests you need to do before zak. He said jump quest

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

ITT: longest post ever. Also Kentaurus was a cinch, I only used about 30 pots, and this was dying once (pet mp % wasn't high enough the first time).

1. Ummm I was doing this jump quest for FIVE HOURS the first time I tried (that's not even counting the 1st quest, which is supposedly easy enough to do solo, according to some people I tried to get help with, but eventually took three exp party members and me memorizing a map, and still was seconds from over because they were trying to get the scrolls). I had guild members walk me through a step at a time and still failed, either on the last two platforms of area 1 (those damned rocks), or not even halfway lagging midway through a jump. I eventually had a panic attack and couldn't go on. This time, with disabling pets and nixing all extra graphics I could get through part 1. Then part 2 of jump quest was just as frustrating without any lag.

kag, what class are you? The way I did it was with a ton (over 150) ginger ales. I then used a combo of MG, Holy Shield, and SR and healing. Holy Shield had the added bonus of protecting versus stun. Any other class, I'd say use those pots whenever stunned and spam attack skills.

2. Unless I can hire one of you to login as me, I'm afraid that's a non-option. The lag is driving me crazy. It's not bad for normal gameplay but for large screens and jump quests? Forget about it.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 27th June 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    ITT: longest post ever. Also Kentaurus was a cinch, I only used about 30 pots, and this was dying once (pet mp % wasn't high enough the first time).

1. Ummm I was doing this jump quest for FIVE HOURS the first time I tried (that's not even counting the 1st quest, which is supposedly easy enough to do solo, according to some people I tried to get help with, but eventually took three exp party members and me memorizing a map, and still was seconds from over because they were trying to get the scrolls). I had guild members walk me through a step at a time and still failed, either on the last two platforms of area 1 (those damned rocks), or not even halfway lagging midway through a jump. I eventually had a panic attack and couldn't go on. This time, with disabling pets and nixing all extra graphics I could get through part 1. Then part 2 of jump quest was just as frustrating without any lag.

kag, what class are you? The way I did it was with a ton (over 150) ginger ales. I then used a combo of MG, Holy Shield, and SR and healing. Holy Shield had the added bonus of protecting versus stun. Any other class, I'd say use those pots whenever stunned and spam attack skills.

2. Unless I can hire one of you to login as me, I'm afraid that's a non-option. The lag is driving me crazy. It's not bad for normal gameplay but for large screens and jump quests? Forget about it.
    Ok the thing with me was this was my first lvl 120 so of course it will be hard especially when i have very low patience, priest

Ok the thing with me was this was my first lvl 120 so of course it will be hard especially when i have very low patience, priest
    Wasn't this Bulma's first lvl 120 too?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!