Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Icon11 Some Questions Regarding Bishop Skills

Okay so I've never had a character past 120, and now recently I'm finding it very easy to level, I've gotten to 105 in two weeks on my new Mardian Priest.

Question 1.

How do skill points work after 120? Do you continue getting +3 every level until 200?

Question 2.

Where should I put my skill points? I have an Angel Ray 30 book and looking for 20.. I was thinking of doing +1 Ressurect, +5 Angel ray to begin and book to 30(Hopefully without fail) but idk what else i should get prior to other skills. Money is no option, I'm finding merching is easy. I just bought 52 EE scrolls for 1m a piece and selling them for like 6m (7m is the actual mardia price). I got lucky finding those so cheap ^^

Question 3.

Where should I train after 120? I know Lion King's Castle is good, but until when?

Thanks guys :D

1. Skills remain that way, yes. You get 3 Skill Points to allocate at 120 upon advance though.

2. Angel Ray is your main attacking skill, however 2 issues arise. 1) Angel Ray 10 is only available from Zakum, which requires you to do prequests. 2) You're a Bishop. They're purely support now.
    Most Bishops I see don't have Angel Ray as they're support, and Big Bang is pretty good as an attack for them. Advanced Blessing will be your main asset as a Bishop, as well as Holy Symbol. I won't say a skill build though, as I've not made a Bishop. I would however put 1 point into Big Bang as it is an amazing level 1 skill.

3. LHC will most likely be your main area till later on in 14X or 15X. I still go there at 155 as it's a great spot to train and since you're a Bishop you're much more likely to join parties. Monster Park is reasonable, though I believe attackers are preferred, and I'd imagine party quests are good exp as well, like Kenta's party quest.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

As I was reading the skills in the database I think the major skills I'd want were Big Bang, Buff mastery, Advanced Blessing, Maple Warrior, and Arcane aim. The Angel Ray 30 was a gift to me, so i figured "WAI NAWT."

Buff Mastery is for your buffs only I believe so it won't be as important as your other buff supports, likewise with Arcane Aim. Maple Warrior is crazy expensive now, so it's probably better to find some high level people who glitch it and be their HS chap and loot a MW20/30 book so you can support them further (When really it just saves you loads of money~)
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Wow that sucks, I woulda thought buff mastery enhanced the timer's of my skills to other people.

From what I know it's just your buffs, however this might have changed in Ascension. Try testing Holy Symbol out with a friend when you get Buff Mastery though, or ask a 120+ Arch Mage with Buff Mastery to use Meditate and see.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz237 View Post
    Wow that sucks, I woulda thought buff mastery enhanced the timer's of my skills to other people.
    It only extends your own buffs. The other reason to have it, though, is the extra MA it passively gives.

If you have buff mastery, your own buffs AND any buffs others cast on you will have its time extended.
    Unless the last part changed in Ascension, then awwww.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    If you have buff mastery, your own buffs AND any buffs others cast on you will have its time extended.
    Unless the last part changed in Ascension, then awwww.
    It's still true. Buff Mastery extends the time limit of most buffs on you, which is helpful when you have morons in your party who don't keep Sharp Eyes and Speed Infusion on you.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I have some questions too. (Personally, I'm gonna ignore Angel Ray because although it has a huge number, the damage is one direction, making it somewhat limited for mobbing, which is generally how I train. So, I'm using SR and TM to stun, and Big Bang to finish off)

1. How have things changed since before Big Bang (besides Genesis cooldown, I know about that)? What skills have been nerfed, what have been downgraded, and what has been upgraded? Also, best (and safest, since lag death happens to me fairly often and I want someplace with spots to stand if I start to lag where I can't be attacked and heal) training spots to train to level to 120 now that the levels are all mixed up?

2. Where do I get the skills (I'm sure some quests have changed, and people don't like to list this part, they just make training guides, and call the bishop guide "complete")? Also, what skills, if any, does the bishop start with? What enemies reliably drop skill books for upgrades?

3. How the hell do you make the amount of money needed to class up? (The boss quest might be out of my reach, since I kinda sorta screwed my stats up, and then got item hacked. Which is why I can't have nice things anymore) What are some spots that give really easy money?

4. Also, I'm now in El Nido (I'm on the East Coast, and it's lower population, to avoid the aforementioned lag) so like nobody is questing, because nobody is here. Are there any quests I can't get into for the bishop without a solo party?

5. Because Four is Death, I'm making a fifth question. Dunno what it is through, maybe you could ask it?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 8th June 2012 at 08:55 PM.