Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monster Familiar "Guide"

Beginner

Icon1 Monster Familiar "Guide"

With the addition of Monster Familiars to Global MapleStory (v1.03, Rise of Fellowship), I thought I would do a little research on these.

EDIT (29 December 2011): Focusing on the passive line, since familiars aren't really used for attacking.

Work in progress:
    Listing for HP and MP recovery familiars (in the Codex)

KEY to using these tables:
    Spoiler!

Legendary Familiars: (Incomplete list)
    Spoiler!

Listing for: HP/MP recovery
    Spoiler!

This guide was made possible with the help from:
    Me (iGamer)

Any errors? Please notify me by posting here.
    Any other information will be helpful. Thanks!
    Last edited by iGamer; 29th December 2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Complete revamp of guide

Beginner

Not even a newbie would need a familiar, but whatevarr....

I use a familiar.
    D=

Jr. Boogies are especially good, since they're so easy to get and heal so much MP (proportionally. I'm a warrior, so it's not actually that much numerically, but it helps)

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

This is actually a pretty useful resource. Thanks for sharing. I hope you expand it with higher level familiars in the future.

Haven't been on since the familiar patch, but looks good!

bolt202/veil225/feint200

how often do jr boogies heal mp?

Beginner

Small update, added something I noticed while looking over the Codex. Extra D heals the whole party!

@DlPSHl7: Yes, I use it all the time on my mage. Heals about 2000 MP. I don't need to MP pot anymore!

@00p00: Jr. Boogies (along with all of the other HP/MP healing familiars) heal every 10 seconds.
    Last edited by iGamer; 27th November 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Answering people, didn't want to double post

You should mention there are two different types of healing from familiars. There are some that heal periodically like you mentioned every 10 seconds or so and others that heal continually every second. Don't forget there are soul weapon familiars.

Beginner

Updated with bosses and a quick find for legendary familiars. Note that these only include bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidEternal View Post
    You should mention there are two different types of healing from familiars. There are some that heal periodically like you mentioned every 10 seconds or so and others that heal continually every second. Don't forget there are soul weapon familiars.
    I haven't seen the two different types. The only one I have seen are the ones that heal every 10 seconds. Can you give me an example of the continuous healing ones? The familiars that say "continuous" heal every 10 seconds, from my experience.
    Also, I have no clue what these "soul weapon" familiars do, probably because I haven't collected one yet. Are they related to Demon Slayer?

Quote Originally Posted by iGamer View Post
    Updated with bosses and a quick find for legendary familiars. Note that these only include bosses.

I haven't seen the two different types. The only one I have seen are the ones that heal every 10 seconds. Can you give me an example of the continuous healing ones? The familiars that say "continuous" heal every 10 seconds, from my experience.
    Also, I have no clue what these "soul weapon" familiars do, probably because I haven't collected one yet. Are they related to Demon Slayer?
    From my point of view, I do think so.
    アリオス・マクレイン S・クラフト集 [風神烈破] - My blade holds the light of the whirlwind! Fuujin Reppa!