Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paladin End Game Weapon Questions, and UA vs Regular

Default Paladin End Game Weapon Questions, and UA vs Regular

Hi, I have a Paladin and I'm not a seasoned player and I never understood what are key items for certain characters. I wanted to look for an end game weapon and I was wondering which weapon is used the most? I found that many people scroll the Maple Pyrope Sword a lot, why don't people scroll a higher level sword that already has a very high attack? Which sword is the most accessible one that is a staple high end sword? What are the common ones and why?

Sasme question about armor, which armor is the staple armor for Warriors to scroll? Shield?

My second question is about UA vs regular Paladins. What are the advantages? From what I have read...

1. The ability to use Sould Driver. (But people have said it is not used end game, and has been controversial whether it does more damage than other mobbing skills)
    2. The medal, which gives like 2 attack or something?

I don't want to feel that my Paladin is weaker compared to some UA Paladins.

I would really appreciate somebody answering these questions. It would let me train in peace. Thank you.
    Last edited by BrioCloud; 21st December 2011 at 06:30 PM.

The Pyrope Sword is a good weapon because it is above level 70, and it has a good attack speed, Being one handed allows you to use your Shield Skills. It's low base weapon attack is offset by it's 3rd tier potential, And it's high availability during events. I wouldn't say it's the absolute best weapon you can get, But it's available and still fairly strong.

Though I wouldn't try endgame with -any- maple weapon. It's a nice sword to give to say, A Dawn Warrior, and then pass on to your other warriors before end game. It makes a good stepping stone piece of equipment.

Your best end game bet would probably be Reverse Excecutioners for a weapon, Literally any shield above level 70, And A Set of 'Neos' Armor (level 100) Taragon is nice, but Two Pieces of Potential > One.

UA is sort of pointless, It doesn't give you many boosts aside from starting you at 50, and giving you a skill you'll never use past level 119. If you're already a Paladin, don't even bother with a UA one.

Thanks for the reply! So I see the Pyrope Sword is very available, also, from what I have seen, the Reverse and VIP are very difficult to obtain because the PQ is not available anymore correct? I guess the next "highest relatively easy to obtain" is it the Dragon Carabella?

On Basilmarket, Pyrope is fast (4), so is 4 faster than 5? Because everything after Pyrope is 5. If 4 isn't the faster one, then wouldn't the Carabella be a better weapon to scroll and use end game?
    Last edited by BrioCloud; 22nd December 2011 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioCloud View Post
    Thanks for the reply! So I see the Pyrope Sword is very available, also, from what I have seen, the Reverse and VIP are very difficult to obtain because the PQ is not available anymore correct? I guess the next "highest relatively easy to obtain" is it the Dragon Carabella?

On Basilmarket, Pyrope is fast (4), so is 4 faster than 5? Because everything after Pyrope is 5. If 4 isn't the faster one, then wouldn't the Carabella be a better weapon to scroll and use end game?
    Reverse are simple to obtain, you just have to find the recepie. Hunt around for something that drops it. I think Master Death Teaddies do. Or you can buy them from the coin shop during this event if I remember right. And yes the lower the number the faster the weapon.

I just read that the Reverse weapons do not allow you to trade, not even with Scissor of Karma, so that makes it very difficult to reinvest right? And you cannot then buy a reverse because of this reason? Is this correct?

It seems to me then the Pyrope is a great sword to cube, and potential because of its availability and tradability, other higher weapons need to be significantly higher in attack because Pyrope is faster than they are.
    Last edited by BrioCloud; 22nd December 2011 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioCloud View Post
    I just read that the Reverse weapons do not allow you to trade, not even with Scissor of Karma, so that makes it very difficult to reinvest right? And you cannot then buy a reverse because of this reason? Is this correct?
    Trade disables when equipped, I don't know about scissors, I think my Bishop's Myst Blue can be Karma'd but I'm not sure.

Same question in Basil I see.

End-game 1h swords for Paladins include:
    Pyrope - The Fast 4 speed allows you to hit the speed cap with booster on. Although it has lower attack, the speed can make up for it up to a certain extent.
    (1.167x multiplier compared to Faster 3. Take your total attack - including buffs and other equips - with the Pyrope and multiply it by 1.167. That's the total attack you need on a Fast 5 sword.)
    Sparta - The last sword you can mass produce with Blacksmithing. Also dropped by Ore Muncher (non-boss).
    Dragon Carabella - Quite a bit harder to find the recipe (I haven't tried, only heard this). Only dropped by Horntail. People seem to be selling quite good ones for about 1bil in Windia.
    Executioner - If you can make it, go for it. However, there is no sell-back value once equipped, hence they are harder to find.
    VIP - Incredibly rare now. Easy to find pre-scrolled, but also incredibly expensive. Try MTS if you want one.

Everything above can be called end-game, but they're too hard to get. So unless you have GM scrolls, forget them for now.

End-game armour:
    Commodore or Neos set. Both are top+bottom, giving you 6 lines of potential. Commodore can be made without a recipe, Neos requires a recipe. Don't bother with scrolling so much, getting good potentials is much more important for armour.

End-game everything else:
    Anything 80+. Preferably something you can mass produce if you don't cube your items. Attack on shields isn't necessary, but it's nice.
    Even the hat. A 6% hat is easier to get and better than a Z-helm or Scarlion.

UA vs. Regular:
    - Soul Driver isn't used at all once you get ACB. Some people don't use it during third job either (it's dependent on the map).
    - 2 attack...really?
    - You lose inventory slots and a minuscule amount of HP and MP.

Hm I see, thank you to the both of you. I think the Pyrope would be the easiest to use, because it inherently has the fastest attack speed. =]

It depends. If Speed Infusion potential is released, the multiplier becomes 1.

The Pyrope would be easier though. If you have above 150 total attack, a Fast 5 weapon needs to have 25 more attack.

Alright, so I play a WK and I just got my Legendary Dragon Carabella and I plan on scrolling it and use it as an end game weapon, but my question is how much attack should I aim for in a shield? how much would it cost to scroll/buy one?