Thread: Flight Problems (Demon Slayer)

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default Flight Problems (Demon Slayer)

Does anybody know how to 100% successfully do a High Jump straight vertically?
    I have no problems doing the "Jag Jump" (a.k.a. Flash Jump mimic) and I certainly don't have problems using Glide, but I cannot for the life of me intentionally do a High Jump straight up.

For the record, I know that to activate any of the flight moves that you have to hold the last direction input slightly longer (ex. Jag Jump Right = Jump + Right + Right[hold])

What I mean is:
    Jump Right/Left -> Up + Up = High Jump works, and I move diagonally Up and Right/Left
    Jump -> Up + Up = High Jump works only if I don't actively want it to - if I want it to work it doesn't and I end up mashing my up arrow key futilely.

What am I doing wrong?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

not sure what kind of problem you're having.
    works fine for me. might be a bit of latency, in which case you need to spam faster faster gotta go fast

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Nevermind. I figured out how to do it: I have to TRIPLE tap Up
    So to go vertically I have to press Jump + Up + Up + Up [hold] as opposed to diagonal-vertical where I just double tap.
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

yeah it's probably latency then.
    i have to spam sort of hard too to get it going on, and watch the timing pretty carefully.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    yeah it's probably latency then.
    i have to spam sort of hard too to get it going on, and watch the timing pretty carefully.
    See but that's the weird thing: that "latency problem" only applies to direct vertical high-jump, not to high jump if I've inputted Jump + Right/Left. You'd think it would apply there too, but I had no problem doing an upwards diagonal-jump.

You'd think something taking more commands to do (diagonal upward) would suffer a latency problem more than something more simple.

I think it might just come down to timing. If you're moving horizontally and do a double vertical jump, you can get away with double tapping it earlier. If you're trying to do a direct vertical jump with no horizontal movement, you need to wait until you hit the very peak of your jump to double tap the up key. The longer you wait between the peak of your jump and your landing, the less "umph" there is behind the vertical double jump and the less height you get. If you double tap up before reaching your peak, you won't double jump at all. That might be why triple tapping works for you, because the last 2 of the 3 keystrokes count as the double tap and are timed correctly so you execute the double jump.

Oh, that's an interesting perspective thanks. I can't quite agree with it though, because:
    1) I've done double high jumps of noticeably varying height, suggesting there are times I'd activate it well below the jump's apex
    2) I've noticed myself activating the high jump on a horizontal->vertical jump also below the jump apex