Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best speakers for $150 or less? (Speakrs OR headphones)

Forgot to mention this, but I got the M50 and E10 last Friday. Very, very worth it. I am indeed hearing things I have not heard before in songs. Got some more flacs too, and they're nice.

Of course, now I want more headphones; however that will have to wait until an indeterminate time in the future. The Sennheiser HD650 headphones are attractive.

Only complaints are that as people on the interwebs have pointed out, the M50 has slightly recessed mids, I think. Maybe I don't know too much about that yet. Another problem is that they do get uncomfortable/hot after several hours. Though when that happens I can just take them off for two minutes and they're good to go again.

Edit: The good thing about the M50 being warm is that my basement is cold so they are earmuffs.
    Last edited by supalime; 11th May 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spam bot trying to sell hats whose name was removed from this quote by supalime View Post
    Welcome to buy this [link removed from quote by supalime] here and show your unique taste in the crowd. You will become a trendsetter when wearing this [link removed from quote by supalime]. They usually feature contrast top button, eyelets and visor for added style. It is a must have hat for those fans who like to collect different designs of snapback hats. [link removed from quote by supalime] is of high quality and sold at lowest price here.
    Hmmmm, yeeessssss... how marvelous! But certainly I will need a top of the line amp for my Washington Nationals Hats. Might you suggest one? I am quite the stickler for audio qua . . . HEY. YOU'RE A BOT!

AINT GONNA GET ME THIS TIME, #*Y$&*@^#@t ROBOT SCUM!!!!!!!!!!! IVE SEEN WHAT YOU DO AND IT SICKENS ME. IM OUT. PEACE!

~ and then supalime jettisoned himself out of the nearest window, without bothering to open it, posing a great danger to himself and those on the street who may have felt the sprayed glass shards or 120 pounds of raw, naked college student ~
    Last edited by supalime; 11th May 2012 at 02:58 PM.

My Koss Pro DJ100 recently came in... and they sound really good (though not flat at all)

The vocals and imaging are insane on these things, especially considering the price o_o
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

That looks pretty!

Edit: thatsnazzyiphoneguy says that the Philips CitiScape Uptown headphones are pretty good. I'd like to try them some day.
    Last edited by supalime; 11th May 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    That looks pretty!

Edit: thatsnazzyiphoneguy says that the Philips CitiScape Uptown headphones are pretty good. I'd like to try them some day.
    My friend has one and they sound great. Not sure if I want to fork over $150 for a pair, though :/

EDIT
    Rageeeee my sound card got a big boo-boo ):
    Last edited by FanOfKOTOKO; 12th May 2012 at 04:11 AM.
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

That's sad. Almost as sad as the bot I quoted being banned, because now people will think I'm crazy. How did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    That's sad. Almost as sad as the bot I quoted being banned, because now people will think I'm crazy. How did that happen?
    It stopped working so now I'm listening to everything without an amp until further notice ):

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Bit of a "necro" here, but who cares..

My desktop speakers seem to be going out, so I need to get new ones. My parents have offered to buy me a pair, since I need audio to do my School. Currently, I'm using these, but I'm getting a popping sound from my left speaker. I've confirmed it's not my soundcard by hooking up another pair of speakers. And also because of the reviews on them say that is a common problem. My budget follows the $150 or less guidelines, but can have exceptions made. Such as "This pair costs $150, but for an extra $50 you get a wireless receiver" deal. Granted, I don't need a "wireless receiver" but that's an example. In a nutshell, any important "must have accessories" do not affect the $150 base budget, that's an added expense. I listen to mostly dubstep, trance, electro, techno, etc. I'd love the BEST base I can get, but of course, $150 won't get you a whole lot. The speakers don't have to be a "pair" either. I could buy the subwoofer, and then a pair of speakers to go with it. Just as long as the total doesn't exceed $150 or so. Items on sale count, too.

If you need an example of the music I listen to, here's a few songs:
    (Yes, this is Pony music, but has some pretty hard bass.)

Around 0:40 is the bass "drop" in this song.

Around 1:50 in this song. "Slightly" harder than the last song.

About 0:47 in this video.

That's just an "idea" of some of the dubstep I listen to. My $25 pair tries their hardest, but it's just not enough. I KNOW for a fact I can double, if not TRIPLE my base by adding $75 on top of that.
    I also had an idea of buying this, and buying a pair of speakers for like $60. Since that's about the best bass I can get for under $300.

Opinions, guys?
    I hate mashups, Adele+ a dubstep artist so overrated my grandma knows about him. Terrible. Oh buy a gaming headset for some surround sound, ones I play with have it. Logitech G35s
    Last edited by Bishopz; 5th June 2012 at 05:53 AM.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.