Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a lot of help, starting over

Ok, so I've been looking to finally buy some mid level gear and I've been looking around the fm and what not and I'm pretty confused on what to buy. A lot seems to has changed since I played a bit back in 2007. I'm currently level 61.

I was mistaken and my friend could only fund me on windia and gave me 4b to do with whatever I please.

I realize I shouldn't be spending too much money worrying about mid level gears, but I'm using basically nothing and figure it'd be more efficient to pick up some stuff.

The only gears I'm using atm is a
    silver deputy badge, a set of ilbis and then like 6 or so steelys. I'm literally using the gear that I started with. I'm still using the very first claw you get when you switch to a thief haha, leveling is so fast with this event it's kind of crazy.

I bought a 48 attk maple skanda for 50m... I have no idea if this was a good buy but it seems like it could hold me over for awhile until I level a bit more? I know I want to buy some attack work gloves but not really sure how high I should get with my funding. I was also going to pick up a zakum helm to hold me over. I was then going to get rid of all the steelys and buy a total of.. about 8 ilbis sets, or I was thinking of just using the steelys till 70 and just buying hwabis and saving a little money. Are those.. level 17 rings worth buying? from what I've seen in the FM they average like 150mish. Other than that, I really have no idea what to buy to stretch the money I've been given the best. I don't remember there being so many choices back then with these belts and all these different rings/earrings and what not. So I'm pretty confused and would like a lot of hand holding :(
    Last edited by Darkness280; 1st February 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

The dep Star will hold you over until you can get a Mark of Naricain or Horntail Necklace. The Skanda should do just fine until you're ready to start getting late-game gears together. Personally, I would not get attack work gloves. Wait until level 80 and get some level 80 thief gloves then scroll for attack. You'd do better to hold off a few levels and go for the Hwabi. They hold more per stack and are cheaper. If by "level 17 rings" you mean Evolving Rings then, yes, they are worth it. It's hard to pass up 7stat/5att rings. Also, you might just hold off on the zhelm too. At level 80 you'll be able to use a Scarlion or Targa Hat, which are much better.

There really are a lot of options when it comes to accessories. You'll want to look for getting the most +Dex on your stuff as possible. This way, you won't have to put as many points into Dex to get enough for your claw.

Last edited by Clockwork; 2nd February 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Mark of Naricain of Horntail Necklace.
    of. >:]

also, the evo ring III event is going on atm. i suggest you do it. (talk to gaga).

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

I'm currently doing the evo ring, but I started late because I didn't know about it :( only level 4 or so hehe.

My plan with the helm was to go with a chaos zakum helmet so that is why I was going to get the level 50 one for now. I was going to buy work gloves so I can use them on other characters that I make and make my life easier. Yes, I did mean the evolving level 17 rings that I see around everywhere. Can you equip more than 1 of those and if so, would you advise buying more than 1? I see there's belts now and I bought one that's like 2% luk and +2 luk for like 2m that I thought would be ok for now just to give me a few stats for cheap. What armor, boots, and cape should I buy for now? And as for as accessories is that just the rings/neck/and pendant? I should be looking to get the most +dex out of all those slots as I can? I saw a pair of earrings that had like.. 15 dex and % to luk i think for 111m and was contemplating on buying it but wasn't sure if it was any good for the price.. I hate being inefficient with money :(

Thanks a lot for the help so far, it's been very appreciated.

just a small update. I think i figured out you can wear 1 of each evolved ring? Things I've bought:

16 attack 4 dex green mittens
    evolved ring 2 level 17
    bunch of hwabis/ilbis (bought these pretty cheap)
    Zakum helm (bought this cheap I think...) probably just use it until I can get a chaos zakum helm.
    Just bought an evolving ring 1 level 17 for cheaper than i normally see them.

I'm also level 95 now.
    Last edited by Darkness280; 5th February 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Yes, you can wear each of the three evo rings at once. If you have the funds, definitely get them. I can't really advise on prices of items because I'm not much of a merchant and furthermore am unfamiliar with your server's economy. So you'll have to ask/shop around to find prices for stuff. Just stick with the zhelm until you have enough to get the chaos version especially since you're so close.

Really, it's a little tricky to tell you what to do in terms of +stats on items. Is your end-game claw goal a Lampion? If so you'll need 115 Dex (if you get link and alliance skills) from equips to keep your base at 25. Get what you can now to equip what you have now. If you need 15 Dex, get those earrings. If you don't need 15 Dex, hold off for now. Also, realise that you'll likely be switching out gears later on. For instance, I had 10 Dex earrings for years (yes years) because I needed the extra Dex. Now, I don't need that bonus from the earrings so I've replaced them. Again, only get things that you actually need to equip something you have. Unless you seriously want to plan things out, in which case you could do something like this.

Thanks once again for all your help Clockwork, I really appreciate it.

So I bought a 104 attack green dragon sleve for what I hope was a decent price. I'm getting a little bored already and thought this might motivate me to keep playing a bit longer. I went ahead and also bought a chaos zakum helm and I'll be looking for a few more dex items to be able to equip this claw. Just to be clear, is it better to get +dex or %dex on these items? I assume +dex because my dex is only at 25?

And what is this alliance skill you speak of? I leveled a cannoneer for the link free dex and I'm loving that!

A 104 att sleve is great. Definitely end-game worthy. Requirement of 150 Dex means you'll only need 105 Dex from equips to keep your base at 25.

It sounds like you're talking about potential. Do not rely on potential to get your +Dex. Rather, aim for scrolling and high +Dex items (like rings). It's okay to use them temporarily but if you ever pvp or cube, you're going to lose that +Dex from potential. And yes, +Dex is better than %Dex.

The will of the alliance skill was just added this patch. It's a passive skill that permanently adds +5 stats and 5 attack. You complete a quest chain to get it. You can also get a 500 HP/MP medal, which is nice I guess.

Alright. With the gears I bought I think I'm at around 159 dex or so. My earrings are giving me 9% from what I understand to be a potential stat? I Read the little mini-guide you linked in your thief guide but I'm still a little confused. I don't ever plan to pvp so that's not a problem. I still have a few slots open, or things that I can improve. Should I just equip high %luk and +luk in these slots? Off the top of my head, I can replace my top, back, boots, and belt.

Potential stats are the two or three lines at the bottom of the item, below the slots. Is that 9% on your earring 9% Dex? If so, you need to see how much Dex you have without it. You'll be cubing or replacing those earrings eventually (I assume) and that might be enough to drop you below what you need.

Yes, once you have enough Dex for your claw, focus everything on getting +Luk via scrolls and %Luk on potential. And +att when possible.

I can help you better if you tell me what equips you have and what stats they are.

I'm using these at the moment and I'm level 110 and loving my new claw!:
    chaos zakum helm 21 dex/21 luk 3% dex +5 luk
    strawberry earrings +11 dex 9% dex 3% accuracy
    legend maple claok +4 luk
    green mittens 16 attack +4 dex
    legend maple buckle +12 luk +4 dex
    legendary ring
    evolving rings 1, 2, and 3 all max level
    legend maple shoulders
    dragon green sleve +22 dex +11 luk 106 attack
    silver deputy star 2% luk
    green pirate pants +15 dex 3% luk (it still has 5 upgrades available, bought it just because I was using garbage pants and needed a little more dex at the time to equip a craven)
    legend maple leaf
    legend maple shoe +12 dex OR red sneakers +8 dex 2% luk
    I'm not using a top worth mentioning at the moment (lol)

I was going to upgrade my shoes, cloak and top right away unless you have any other thoughts that I should upgrade first.

I have 1.25 bill left and I'm currently using 11 sets of hwabis and 7 sets of ilbis.
    I have 202 total dex (25+177)
    My attack range is 6181-9509, I've been leveling on captains and krus on pirate den 2 for awhile now. Do you have any other suggestions on where I should go?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Darkness280; 12th February 2012 at 02:27 AM.