Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a lot of help, starting over

Default Need a lot of help, starting over

I realize these threads must come up a lot but I'm completely lost.

I use to play a very long time ago, back in 2007, and didn't even play much back then but I've been pretty bored lately and thought I might pick this up again. I had a hermit to level 73 back when I played and thoroughly enjoyed it so I thought I'd start another one.

I have a buddy of mine offering to fund me on basically any world that I want to play and is being pretty generous about it. Well, I think he is, no idea what the average income is anymore or anything. He's offering to fund me 3-4b.

I'm open to all suggestions on basically what to spend it on and if possible, please be as specific as possible. No acronyms or anything because I literally forgot everything I knew about the game and haven't kept updated on any of the new stuff. Also, if anyone can point me to a good guide and other websites. All the stickys seem to be very outdated. From what it looks like, everyone goes no dex and pure luk?

Like I said, I'm basically a new player and looking for a lot of free information and will be eternally grateful :D

Thanks a lot.

edit: I've found Clockwork's guide and it's very helpful and updated so thanks to that!
    Last edited by Darkness280; 26th January 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

Well ....

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Well. What I could really use help with is what I should be buying as I level up.

There must be some sort of efficient way to spend my money buying different claws etc etc as I level up?

I was going to leave my dex at 25 and pump nothing but luk until.. I don't know when, i'll cross that bridge when it comes :P

Just focus on buying equips

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Just focus on buying equips
    Not exactly. Don't worry about getting "serious" gear before level 80. A 100% scrolled Dex bathrobe, 100% scrolled claw, and other such basics will do just fine until you can start figuring out what gear you have/want for late- and end-game (explained a bit more in guide). Buying new gear every 10 levels is a bad idea. Upgrade what you can without sacrificing any money or dropping points into Dex too early. Early- and mid-game gear just isn't worth investing in.

There's really nothing to buy as you level up. Just focus on levelling until you get at least level 80 when you can start equipping top-tier potential items. Figure out what claw you can afford and start planning on how to achieve that (scrolling, adding to Dex, etc). Nearly all of your funds should be focused on those gears. For the moment you could focus on getting yourself sets of Ilbis. You can use them now and will be able to use them through end-game if you want. How many sets depends on inventory space, how long you want to go before recharging, etc.

Leave your Dex at 25. Once you know what claw you want/have, you'll know how much Dex you'll need. Then you can figure out what items you have that will give +Dex (scrolled bottom, shoes, hat, rings, etc). Then you'll know if you need to put any AP into Dex. You won't need to put anything in Dex if you can get enough +Dex from your gear. The best way to figure out what you have available is to start with things that do not require Dex to equip (e.g. hat, cape, pendant, rings) then add the +Dex from them to your base 25 and see where that gets you. In addition, you can get 15 free Dex if you get a Canonneer to level 70 and use the link skill.

Ok, thanks a lot for the response.

With this event going on leveling is really easy. I haven't even bought any gears yet except some ilbis and steelys to keep me going.

Do you have any suggestions on what claw I should use with a 4bish total fund?

Also definitely going to make a cannoneer for that buff. Thanks for that tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness280 View Post
    Ok, thanks a lot for the response.

With this event going on leveling is really easy. I haven't even bought any gears yet except some ilbis and steelys to keep me going.

Also definitely going to make a cannoneer for that buff. Thanks for that tip!
    Try to find some maple claws. Or get some dex gear together to equip the better claws.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness280 View Post
    Depends. How much do you care about damage? I think my claw alone cost about 4b to make and scroll. If 4b is your total funds, you're obviously not going to have a super godly claw because you'll need money for other gear.

I care.. a decent amount about damage, but I plan to play pretty casually when I'm bored and have nothing else to do at home. I'm not looking for a godly claw, maybe.. above average?

A 60% scrolled Reverse Lampion will probably be the way to go then. It should give you enough attack to be good without being costly. The most expensive thing will probably be getting the pieces of time for it.