Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is there so much rage in games?

Icon11 Why is there so much rage in games?

Mainly competitive ones *coughFPSGAMEScough*. Why are the people who play these games so angry and discontent with life? Origin appeared to be offline earlier so I went to the BF3 forums to see if other people were having the same issue. Other people were having the same issue as I found out quickly by seeing the 5 or so threads about "Origin is down why?" I could've probably stopped there since it's obvious that idiots go to that forum who don't know how to read and see that a topic has already been created, but I decided to go into one to be sure that I was looking at the right issue. Worst mistake ever.

Every single post in there had 0 information about the problem except for "omfg my origin isn't working" and I think just about every post in there was just someone else saying "I have the same issue too <insert short jab at Origin or EA>". A few people were obviously pissed since they posted more than once going "WTF*** is wrong with EA!? Piece of **** program can't ****... etc." I don't understand why a little unplanned downtime can incite so much rage over a game... The game's not going away, this is just temporary down time b/c something happened, why can't people be normal about this?

This kind of raging extends to in game when people start talking smack to each other. I was kicked from a server once because someone was swearing at me for shooting him with an RPG and I was baiting him just to troll ^^; People there are just so easy to troll I don't even need to try anymore... I've seen this kind of behavior in other competitive games also. I don't understand why people can't just be calm (doesn't mean I can't have fun trolling people though ^^).

Guys like that need to stop having fun.
    by Cryopon

"Rage moar noobz!"

Well, I get what you mean. Same thing with the Nexon forums, when the game went down a few days ago. People get WAY too serious in games, and they need to keep their cool. It happens a lto on Left 4 Dead 2, and I can't seem to have fun online. At tournaments? Yes, seriousness matters. Just online though, people are WAY too serious, and WAY too stupid. ot sure what else to say..

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    A few people were obviously pissed since they posted more than once going "WTF*** is wrong with EA!? Piece of **** program can't ****... etc." I don't understand why a little unplanned downtime can incite so much rage over a game... The game's not going away, this is just temporary down time b/c something happened, why can't people be normal about this?

Also happens to Maple
    /people need to learn to get a life

It's like "OMFG another ServerCheck??!! **** you nexon"
    Last edited by kaglover1; 4th February 2012 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post

Also happens to Maple
    /people need to learn to get a life

It's like "OMFG another ServerCheck??!! **** you nexon"
    the irony
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

It comes with being anonymous. Read an interesting article on PSM3, that explained why but I honestly can't remember the details(I'm pretty damn sick and it's 12AM, forgive me ;-;)

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    the irony
    I admit I was like that but mind you I don't play anymore

Because customers are self entitled brats. Even if the little leagues can't stop people from being Charlie Sheen 'winning'
    I'm Retired.

woah woah

hold the phone

dae trolls?
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    woah woah

hold the phone

dae trolls?
    I'm just as shocked as you are.