Thread: [Questions] Battle Mage

Icon2 [Questions] Battle Mage

ˇHello HS Community!
    I'm making this thread to make some questions about a new character I'm developing, ˇthe battle mage!.
    I will picture the situation of my character:
    It will have 50 base LUK.
    My endgame weapon will be a Timeless Aeas Hand.
    After this, I will do the questions:
    I read that it's more efficient a faster weapon (like Elestaffs), but I think they are expensive for me in this moment. Should I stay with the Timeless?
    I have a high base LUK be cause I have little-no funding (I will sell a PSB and eight Steelys, and I think that is all my funding =( ), so I need to plan a efficient equipment to wear the Timeless and I need your opinion on my "ideal" equipment:
    • Targa Hat +17 LUK
    • Maple Magician Shield +9 LUK
    • Silver Deputy Star +5 LUK
    • 3rd evolving ring +10 LUK
    • White Belt +1 LUK
    • Spiegelmann Necklace +1 LUK

This leaves me with 93 LUK in total.
    I know that I'm missing a lot of equipment but I played like the 10% of the game, and that is why I need your opinion.
    I thank you in advance for reading this thread, and I will really grateful if you help me replying.
    ˇGood Bye!

I would highly recommend not going 50 base luk. There are other rings which give luck stats. Finish the crusade quests, and you get a 4 all stat ring, and a 3 all stat ring. Also, the current event in GMS hands out an 8 all stat medal at the end, and the end medal of crusade is 5 all stat. If you are dedicated to your character, Escape PQ can get you a very good belt, and Kenta PQ gets you very good glasses. Both of these give extra luk.

Sorry I couldn't answer your other questions, but I don't know much about how battle mages work D:

Also, the Deputy Star quest isn't too hard, and gets you a +5 Luk boost, or you can sell it for a reasonable price and add to your funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Transpierce View Post
    I would highly recommend not going 50 base luk. There are other rings which give luck stats. Finish the crusade quests, and you get a 4 all stat ring, and a 3 all stat ring. Also, the current event in GMS hands out an 8 all stat medal at the end, and the end medal of crusade is 5 all stat. If you are dedicated to your character, Escape PQ can get you a very good belt, and Kenta PQ gets you very good glasses. Both of these give extra luk.

Sorry I couldn't answer your other questions, but I don't know much about how battle mages work D:
    I will do the crusade quests inmediately, I'm also doing the event, that medal looks too good to be true =D.
    I thank you about the information Transpierce.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Also, the Deputy Star quest isn't too hard, and gets you a +5 Luk boost, or you can sell it for a reasonable price and add to your funding.
    I already planned to use the Deputy, but I never thought to sell it, it could be a good move =).
    Thanks Blankaex.
    Edit: I have now 37 base LUK, It's alright to have that amount?
    Last edited by G.Nic; 6th February 2012 at 07:14 AM.