Thread: What Am I Doing?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default What Am I Doing?

(I think I vaguely remember Kagome screaming this in one of these two episodes)

Okay, I've just come to a "startling" realization about my life. I have no idea what it's about. To avoid tl;dr and other things, I'll just keep it in short paragraphs.

Spoiler!

(tl;dr)

I guess that's it. Those girls were really hawt though. Ummm... yea. Questions?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 26th February 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Dealing with potential death is never fun, I'm at that point right now myself, and I am in a similar predicament job-wise. I know the person I'm dealing with won't be around forever and I know they want me to be happy, so I am looking for a job actively, and taking care of them in the mean time, I think you should try to get the full time job and live, rather than being held back by everyone else I know that sounds like a cruel thing to say, but I don't think loved ones would like to see you suffer, or know you're going to suffer after they're gone. You have to be a stronger individual and less self-sacrificial. I know damn well what that's like and I can tell you it doesn't help anyone.

It seems like what's tying you to life is family and as reasonable as that is, you should find a meaning that something that relies mostly on yourself. Some people decide on humanitarian work, some find a state of mind/religion, remember to base it on logic and facts of course. Everyone questions their life and it's usefulness at some point, but everyone should come to the conclusion that we're all useful and all that's needed is to use every bit in the the search for it's meaning and to fulfill it. But you probably already know that.

What? I have seen all the episodes of Inuyasha I don't remember this scene at all

And Bulma I was very touched at your last paragraph ^^
    Last edited by kaglover1; 27th February 2012 at 11:06 AM.

Before my dad died. He'd be drunk but he somehow could behave himself. After multiple hospital visits, I understood how easy it is to judge someone. My mom thinks i'm lazy when I'm still thinking about that, and working my ass off in school. Confront your dad with the, I dont want you to die like this or something speech. That ought to allow your dad especially to face reality and realize that the things he love won't last forever.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

can you spend more time with your dad maybe? and go on daily jogs with him? like maybe around the park/neighborhood, or find a trail. just set aside a time like that everyday, and maybe talk to him and see if he has advice, or just make it a general meditation time in the outdoors..

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Before my dad died. He'd be drunk but he somehow could behave himself. After multiple hospital visits, I understood how easy it is to judge someone. My mom thinks i'm lazy when I'm still thinking about that, and working my ass off in school. Confront your dad with the, I dont want you to die like this or something speech. That ought to allow your dad especially to face reality and realize that the things he love won't last forever.
    I have, several times. He's a nice guy (he accepted it more or less when I confessed that I might actually have a thing for crossdressing), but he's oldschool. Honor your elders/superiors and all that. Never mind that one way of honoring them is telling them that they're messing themselves up. Usually he either shouts at me, interrupts me out of context, or just walks off in a pout.
    Dealing with potential death is never fun, I'm at that point right now myself, and I am in a similar predicament job-wise. I know the person I'm dealing with won't be around forever and I know they want me to be happy, so I am looking for a job actively, and taking care of them in the mean time, I think you should try to get the full time job and live, rather than being held back by everyone else I know that sounds like a cruel thing to say, but I don't think loved ones would like to see you suffer, or know you're going to suffer after they're gone. You have to be a stronger individual and less self-sacrificial. I know damn well what that's like and I can tell you it doesn't help anyone.
    I understand what you're saying, but that's where I'd differ. Though I'd certainly try to find paying jobs (that wine expo sucked because it was a commute to eight hours of near-volunteer hell), they usually tend to be part-time (what's the point of making money for parents, if you never get to see them? Not surprisingly I feel the same way about anime, if it's too long to watch in a 12 or 13 hour marathon, it gets in the way of me having other stuff). Ideally, I'd like roughly 20-30 hours a week in nice even 5 day slots. No job I've even gotten has been like that though. I can't even seem to get hired if I speak honestly about what I'd like. (Instead I get like weird swings from 2 hours to 14+, and the adjustment kills me) Unless I found someone I'd love after they're gone (my priorities are family, then romance, then job which may just be causing a few problems since most people won't go for people who have no financial prospects and live with their parents... though I did find at least one who seemed a bit better about it), I'm likely to just walk off into a forest somewhere and hermitize a bit.
    --------------------------
    kaglover it's after the Mount Hourai arc. They take a break, and Naraku after these two looks for the final jewel in the afterlife. It may not be in the English DVDs though, they sometimes filter the cuter episodes as "filler." They did that with Videl's episodes on some DVD releases. I think she only screams the title line in the Japanese dub. The English is "don't count on me!!!"
    ---------------------------
    Yay... Family's going on a vacation, I made a commitment to some guy. It's a volunteer thing at the theatre, but it's the principle of the thing. If this were a job, I'd probably piss the guy off (in fact, I have lost jobs like this). Trouble is, it isn't a real job, and I actually want to go if it were just open. Miserable if I go, miserable if I stay. I think I'm staying just because I wouldn't wanna be around them on a vacation tense and miserable.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 28th February 2012 at 10:01 AM.